Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey Patrick. I just replied to your identical post over in the CC Lease Questions discussion. Please check there for my response. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    It still blows me away how terrible the residual is for this vehicle. It is a great vehicle with a very nice interior and drive. The cash incentive should help with leasing, but probably not enough. I have told friends not to lease or buy as the residual is too low.
  • I test drove 2013 Touareg Tdi with navigation and l like it, the ride was a little bulky comparing to my Tiguan. After I ask about a quote to Lease the vehicle and that's what I got offered:
    2013 tdi with navigation msrp of $ 49800
    Dealer dropped to invoice of $ 48000 and calculate the payments at $ 870 a month for 12k / 36m
    With 0 down and everything included. The residual value was 50% and money factor .00131.
    Anybody has any experience of leasing Touareg and knows any hidden rebates to lower the price :-)
    I was in shock! Currently paying $300 for Tiguan 4motion , with the payments of almost triple then that for a little bigger Suv.
  • disladisla Posts: 55
    Hi, arturt,

This deal sounds just horrible!
    Granted, TDI is more expensive than VR6, but it is barely worth the extra money, as the price difference won't be compensated by the better fuel economy, within just 36 months, especially considering higher cost for Diesel fuel.
    I am currently in the second year of my VR6 lease, paying just $515/mo for a vehicle with MSRP $46,300
    What state are you in? I can refer you to my dealer in NJ, if you are close by.

Good luck!
  • Thanks disla ,

I'm in NY , and sound like your dealer have better deals. If you don't mind I would give him a halo.
    Actually I get a $ 830 for lease and $ 870 for finance the vehicle.

Many thanks for any advise :-)).
  • sjl225sjl225 Posts: 18
    edited February 2013
    Hello Car_man

What is the The MF and residuals for the 2013 Touareg TDI Exec and 2013 Hybrid for 36 months and 12k m/py?
    Additionally, is there any dealer cash on the Hybrid?

Before I sign on the dotted line for another Cayenne, I thought that these cars may be an alternative option for me, but it's so hard to get a straight answer from the VW store's sales people I've spoken with.
    Your help as always is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
    arturt,

sorry, i didn't get notified of your response.
    My dealer is Reydel VW of Edison, NJ.
    I walked away from leasing the touareg in December. I was looking at the gas V6 sport. The residual is too low and money factor is okay. Even with the cash available for leasing I believe leasing this vehicle is not a good idea as payment wil be too high. Try looking at MB ML bluetec(money factor just increased by MB) or BMW X5D(eco credit is now lower for 2013). Still may be able to get a lower lease payment.
  • Thank you GUYS :)

Disla, I'll try your Dealer - many thanks.
    Mlevine, I totally agree with you. In this price range I have so many vehicles to choose, such as MB, BMW, Audi q7, or gas model if diesel will come to most expensive. I thought that touareg might be the option as not a premium brand. Looks like Vw is selling enough jetta's and doesn't have to go crazy with Touareg. :confuse:
    My current dealer wants to know whom I am dealing with ;-) after I told that I receive great offers from other Vw dealers and they would like to verify by calling them. Interesting ?!
    I'll keep posted and let you guys know....
    I did not mention audi as I believe the residual values are not as good as MB or BMW. In addition, I looked at the Q7 but limited supply available. Had a Q7 3 years ago and loved it. Lease deals worse after my original Q7 lease. Both local VW dealerships had limited inventory and did not call me back.
  • I agree mlevine. The Touareg definitely is not a great vehicle to lease. There's definitely SUVs out there that provide more bang for the buck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for sjl225. VW Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is not providing any cash incentives on the Touareg TDI.

Car_man
    Host
  • I've been offered a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport w/Nav for 36 months, 10k/year mileage, zero down for $530. Is this an average deal? A good deal? Am I being foolish? I'm hesitant to sign.
  • sjl225sjl225 Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info on the TDI Car_man!.......Do you have the numbers on the "Hybrid" as well (same terms)?
    Based on your monthly not a bad deal as many others trying to lease have had payments in the mid 700's. Post the details of the lease so it can be analyzed in more details.
    nervousnelly,

if you can drive off paying $0, $530/mo sounds great to me, even with just $10K/y mileage.
    I am paying $515 for 12K miles, but dropped $3K at signing.

mlevine,

all of a sudden you do see that some people are able to find a good deal, as opposed to your complaints that Touareg is "a horrible car to be leasing"? I am surprised to still see you around here.
    There are probably good deals if you contact enough dealers and are perssitent. Based on the residual and money factor the Touareg lease deals are not very good unless you can lower the cap cost significantly. I have recommended one buy this vehicle instead of leasing.
  • I signed! It's a 2013, Touareg Sport w/Nav & towing pkg. I'm very happy. I don't drive very far. They know I'll be bringing it back well under the 10k/year. I just returned my three year old Tiguan with 19k miles. I called three other dealers who were all in the same ballpark (between $515-550). It's white with black interior. Zero down, $530/mth, Sport with towing, rubber car mats & nav. I'm enjoying discovering all the tech features. I'm rather pleased (after only 3 days). I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago. Thanks very much for your feedback.
    edited March 2013
    Nervousnelly,

Congrats, good for you! This is exactly the same model and options that I have.
    I hope I'll be able to get the similar deal when my lease expires a year and a half from now.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, sjl225. Yes I do.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year are .00015 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.