Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi,

Lets see...5500 miles.

The brakes squeal like a pig at every stop and they can't be fixed says the dealer and now at 5500 the DRIVE shaft is defective and needs replacing. I have owned Honda's and Toyotas and done nothing but oil changes for the first 60,000 miles. The vehicle drives well, but not worth the headache unless you happen to live next to a VW dealership which has technicans and managers who want to repair your car.
  • You're very welcome, bassmiesternj. The easiest way to get a good deal on a lease is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Just make sure to specify that you want the dealer to work up a lease without any down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Sebis. Unfortunately, Volkswagen's lease program on the 2006 Touareg TDI is not very attractive right now. If you were to lease this truck through Volkswagen Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00301 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Kipa :blush: . I'm glad that you find this discussion so helpful. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am sorry to say that Volkswagen's lease program for the 2006 Touareg TDI is not very attractive right now. If you were to lease one through VW Credit for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00301 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    I sold my 2004 Touareg a few months ago. Miss it alot, but not the visits to the dealer. The brakes never made a sound when I kept the wheels and brakes clean. I've been following this board since the beginning and don't recall many complaints about noise, except for what I call crud squeek, common to German and Swedish cars with metallic pads. You have to carefully wash your wheels and brakes by hand, using a high pressure stream of water directed at and around the calipers. The car wash won't get it. A little compressed air wouldn't hurt either. You see the black dust on your wheels - it's gotta go away every week or two. The problem is worse where it rains alot. The dust turns to rust and sticks tenaciously to the brake parts. Japanese SUV's don't have the problem because they use a hard, organic pad. Their cars don's stop for beans either. For a 5500 pound truck, I think the brakes have very impressive performance. My complaint is the cost of almost $2000 when it comes time to replace pads and rotors at about 40000 miles.

The drive shaft thing has been going on for years. You'd think they'd have that figured out by now. Takes a couple of hours at the shop and that should fix it for good. I had to have a new transfer case at 1500 miles. Never a lick of trouble from it afterward.

If you want to drive German cars, you better get to know and love your service department. The same goes for Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes from what my relatives and friends tell me. Some of them cover all required maintenance for a few years in the vehicle cost, which you end up paying for anyway. Of course you could always drive a Japanese or American SUV if you wish to sacrifice a little driving "soul." I bought a Ford Explorer V8 and it isn't too bad in the soul department, but it is crude compared to the VW. Never thought I'd buy a Ford, and no, I do not like the door pulls and it is not even close to as good off-road as the VW. Lots of power, comfortable seats, good stereo, good brakes, good in the snow, decent handling and tows well.
  • Panzer, thanks for the reply.
  • Matt, I have been trying to find out if there is any difference in the 06 and 07 diesel. I have an 06 V8 and love it but dealer has a great deal on a left over diesel. But. I want to know if any difference in the 06 and 07 diesel engine. No one there can tell me. Thanks, Jim Holley
  • wozxxwozxx Posts: 1
    I have had a perfect experience with my Touareg. Although it has poor gas mileage (because of its weight). However, its weight gives it better handling and also protection from... say a deer on I-95 at 85mph. (happened a month ago)
  • vwdallasvwdallas Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing a 2007 Touareg V6. Because I like the standard features, the base model is fine with me. Unfortunately, I've never leased a car before and don't want to make a bad deal.

The dealership has a "deal" of $399/mo for this car. My trade-in will knock $6,800 off the price. I'm looking for a high-mileage (20k mi/yr) 3-year lease and was tentatively quoted $475/mo, net of my trade-in.

Is this a good deal? What should I "beware" of?

Thanks...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi vwdallas. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Touareg that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. There's nothing wrong with doing this, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing their money if their car or truck is stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi, can you please tell me what the money factor and resid. % are on a 2008 Touareg 2 Base Model. The MSRP is $40,000 and the invoice is $37,224 (I am not sure what my price would be) and I would like $18,000 miles/yr. Length of contract does not matter between 36 and 48 months. Also, no money out of pocket.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey goodrics. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V6 in your area with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00173 and 47%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jkenikjkenik Posts: 6
    I have a loaded '05 Touareg v6 w/ just under 19,000 miles, and 10 months left on my lease. Payments are $450, and there is a $21,000 buyout at the end of the lease. KBB trade-in is about $27,000. I know what the obvious option is, but I do not want to fold current lease into a new one. I was thinking that, because of the low mileage, that I might be able to strike a favorable deal with the dealership. Do I have any chance in making this happen, without having to put down $$.
    Thanks!!
  • jabberjabber Posts: 56
    Carman/Kyfdx,

What's the current residual and money factor for an '08 Touareg V6 for 10K, 12K, and 15K miles? Also, what is the acquisition fee if any and the overmileage allowance? Thanks!

Jabber
  • Hey Jabber. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 52%, respectively. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual would be 3% higher than the 15k resid. VW Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am currently leasing my 2006 Touareg. I know that I am going to be over the mileage and am considering buying as I love this vehicle. Lease ends 02/2009.
    The MSRP was $38,080.00 My adjusted capitalized cost was $32731.00

Purchase Option/ Residual Value is $20,886. What do you think. Is this purchase price worth it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094
    You can't buy it at that price, now.. That is the purchase option price at the end of the lease.. after you've made all the payments...

Are you asking if it will be worth $20,886 in February of 2009? With a lot of miles? Probably not..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mileage is 24,000
    the payoff quote to buy now is: $26,268.24
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094
    If you post a description of your vehicle in Real-World Trade-In Values, an expert can give you a good idea of its wholesale value..

Normally, buying a lease out early isn't that great of a deal.. but, if you are going to be over on your miles, and you plan on keeping it, it might be beneficial to do so.

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Carman,

Do you mind posting the same for November now? Thanks. Also, do you know if there are any dealer incentives on this truck now?

Jabber
  • pmtrepmtre Posts: 55
    Volkswagen credit is now offering base model up to msrp $40,000.00

$499/Month. 39-Month Lease
    2008 Touareg 2 V6
    $0.00 Due at Signing/
    (including destination charges)

Anybody hearing any better deals?
  • Carman,

Do you know what is the money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease with VW credit?

Is this a good deal?

40k MSRP, $2500 VW owner loyalty, $37500 Negotiated selling price, .00098 money factor, 53% residual value, 8.25% CA sales tax, 39 month lease and I would carryover $2600 from negative trade-in. The payment I got quoted was $517.00 with tax included.
    Just curious, are they saying you're getting a $2500 discount because you are a current VW owner? Also, how many miles/yr is this lease and is it through VWFS?
  • is this lease deal worth it given VW's reliability? This is such a beautiful
    vehicle! Just not sure it is worth trading in a soon to be owned and paid
    for car on to have warranty. VW is one of the few manufacturers to offer
    Sirius standard, and that makes a big difference since I am a sub.
  • Yes that is correct. The miles and year of the lease is the same as the ad.
  • i got price of $36,790(including destination).
    Lease term 39months, VW pays 1st month. $463/m, $0 due at singing,
    but i paid tax and title fee.

is a good deal?
  • I received the following lease offer on the Touareg V6 with the luxury package:

12k miles a year
    39 months
    money factor .00117
    Residual Value 22,737
    I believe the sticker is 42,900
    $0 out of pocket due at signing with the Sign + Drive event

$596 per month inclusive of taxes

Is this a good offer? Has anyone out there gotten a better offer?
  • I see that the touareg has a lease special of $499. If I put $5000 towards this, how does that change the lease price? Thanks!
  • I'd be happy to, Jabber. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 VW Touareg V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 51%, respectively. This truck's 12,000 mile per year residual would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual would be 3% higher than the 15k resid. VW Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi elgupaso. The money factor that you were quoted for this lease is right in line with Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate for this model. That is a very good thing because it means that the dealer you are working with is being very straightforward with you about this aspect of your deal.

As far as this truck's price goes, Touareg that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. As long as the $37,500 selling price that you were quoted doesn't include the $2,500 loyalty discount it represents a price of around $600 over invoice, which is pretty good. Still, it wouldn't hurt to stop by the "Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.