Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S40 Lease Questions

Comments

• The MF is likely to be different depending on what bank(s) your dealer is using. They have tons of incentives to use outside banks and they are definitely looking to blow out the remaining 2007s.

We went to one dealer who quoted us for s 2.4i with the select , auto, sirius and lojack for 36 years/15k miles a year for $379/month including tax and $600 at signing for 1st, registration, and doc fee. I was thinking it was a good quote until I went to another dealership and they quoted me on a T5 w/ premium, metalic paint, at $355 month including tax for 36/15k. I ended up going back to my original dealer and asking them about that quote and they ended up getting down to $350/month on a T5 w/ premium (no metalic). We went with this dealer since they had a better color choice than the other dealer with the same basic car. Up front we only had to pay 1st month, registration, and doc fee which came out to like $620 or something.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,907
    you left off your payment on the S40 and your cap cost on both deals.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• lexiconlexicon Posts: 5
    I got an offer on an 2007 S40 with the leather select package, 2.4i engine, auto.

MSRP is 29,360.00

Lease
    $316.00/mth including tax
    $570 down
    36 months/ 12k year.

Worth taking it?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,907
    cap cost? money factor? residual?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• I'd find out what the cap cost, residual, and MF are for that offer. But, just looking at it, it certainly seems pretty good. There might be some room to play though. FWIW, we just leased a 2007 S40 T5 with Premium for $350/month including tax for 36 months/ 15k year.
  • There is some confusion on knowing exactly what incentives one can combine with Volvo Finance's August(& labor day weekend) leasing offer for the s40 2.4i. Car_man mentioned earlier this month to take advantage of "the $500 lease cash that Volvo is currently providing on the '07 S40". As people have been posting there is discussion of a $5000 rebate and I see edmund's lists incentives of both $500 and $2250. As I prepare to negotitate this weekend which incentive(s) is available to me when leasing through Volvo Finance?
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    So, did you get a deal completed over the Labor Day holiday?

At least the way it was explained to me when I got my '07 S40 T5 FWD on 8/29 was that there was more $ incentive to lease outside of Volvo finance, so that is what I did. As I posted in the PP forum subearu, "Volvo S40 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" #650, 29 Aug 2007 7:37 pm - all I paid up front was $130 for title/registration/license

-Brian
  • Car_man. First and foremost, thank you for posting on this website. Your insight is truly valuable.

I am in the market to lease an S40 2.4i (w/climate package). I am interested in a low mileage lease (10,500/year) To that end, I would like to know the following:

1. Currently money factors being offered by Volvo and independent banks;
    2. Residuals figures for the same; and
    3. Any incentives I should be aware of.

Thank you in advance!
  • Hey sprinkler13. These cars' residual values vary by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volvo Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 2008 S40 2.4 is 55%. The resid for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 S40 T5 is 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You're very welcome, car_man_fan. With a username like that, you get bumped to the top of the list ;). Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volvo S40 2.4i with 10,500 miles per year are .00286 and 58%, respectively. Volvo has a special enhanced money factor of .00109 for stripped versions of this car (ones without any options). Volvo is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car through Volvo Finance.

Volvo is providing a $3,250 cash incentive on leases of the '08 S40 2.4i through independent banks, but unfortunately I do not keep tabs on the money factors and resids for anyone other than Volvo Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • hey car_man(or anyone else),
    any advice you can give me on this deal?

2008 S40 T5 AWD; Titanium gray metallic; Premium Package, climate package and Dynaudio (plus 3 years free scheduled maintenance).

36 Month lease, 12k miles per year
    Residual= 46%
    Money factor= .00250
    MSRP= $35242
    Cap cost= not sure
    Total up front cost= $468
    Monthly payment including 5% MD tax= $468

Is this a good deal?
  • Thanks for the response Car_man! Can you provide me with updated money factors, residuals and lease incentives for the month of October (2007 and 2008 S40 2.4i). Thanks again in advance!
  • Hello:
    For the 2007 Volvo S40 lease, with payment of $350 per month, did you put anything down?
  • The only thing we put down was 1st month, registration, doc fee, and upfront tax. I think it was around $600 or so for the total upfront costs.
  • coghencoghen Posts: 2
    My lease on 2005 s40 t5 awd is near its end. I've learned that Volvo will/may contact me before the lease is over to see if I am interested in leasing/buying another car from them. Did anyone have Volvo contacting them with offers/incentives before the end of a lease?

Your feedback is appreciated
    LK
  • Hi sdotmiles. It is difficult to say for certain without knowing what this car's selling price is, but at first glance this does not look like a very good deal. The lease program that you were quoted is worse than Volvo Finance's current program for this model. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 S40 T5 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 52%, respectively. As you can see, this is better than the program that you were quoted. It is possible that the numbers you were quoted are worse because the dealer is running your deal through an independent bank. If so, then they are able to take advantage of a special $5,750 cash incentive on this car that you should take into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, car_man_fan. Through the end of the year, Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volvo S40 2.4i with 10,500 miles per year are .00240 and 55%, respectively. Volvo has a special enhanced money factor of .00110 for stripped versions of this car (ones without any options).

Car_man
    Host
  • They sound like good numbers to me. Do you think you could give me the name of the dealer that offered you this. or who the dealership was. Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • Greetings Sprinkler,

I've been looking for a T5 with the same options & mileage you referenced, and none of the dealerships I've spoke with have been even close! I'm in the Bay Area/No. California. Might I ask what part of the country you're in?

Thanks!

Billy
  • I think he may have been looking at 07s back in Aug
This discussion has been closed.