Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S40 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi mlink999. I only personally keep tabs on the lease programs that are being offered by manufacturers' captive finance companies. As a result, I can give you an idea of what Volvo Finance's current lease program for this car should be like, but I am not sure about Wells Fargo's program. If you were to lease a 2006 Volvo S40 T5 AWD through Volvo Finance right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00173 and 42%, respectively in most areas. The numbers for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of this car through Volvo Finance are currently .00138 and 51%, respectively in most areas. The reason that you were quoted a lease on this car through Wells Fargo is that Volvo is currently providing a $5,500 cash incentive on '06 S40 T5 AWD models that are leased through independent banks. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi cvpacguy. The S40's lease program varies depending upon the exact trim level of the car that you want. Are you interested in the 2.4i, T5, or T5 AWD model? Let me know and I will be happy to give you an idea of what Volvo Finance's current lease program is like for it. I will estimate what the lease payment for the car that you are interested in should be like as well if you provide me with an approximate selling price for it.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you enjoy this Forum so much, coast2coast. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Volvo S40 T5 FWD through Volvo Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00125 and 49%, respectively in most areas. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 S40 2.4i should be .00159 and 49%, respectively in most areas. You may want to consider leasing these cars through an independent bank rather than through Volvo Finance. Volvo is currently providing a $4,000 cash incentive on leases of '06 S40 2.4i models and $4,500 on '06 S40 T5 FWD models through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
  • 25stjames25stjames Posts: 6
    Carman, thank you for providing this information. Can you tell me what the MF and residual for a Volvo S40 2.4i sedan with automatic transmission is at 10500 or 12000 miles/36 months are? Thank you.
  • cvpacguycvpacguy Posts: 14
    Hey Car_man,

I'm interested in both the T5 and 2.4, depending on how good the deal is. I'm looking at either a 27 or 36 month lease. Front-wheel drive as well.

I've been reading that people are getting these cars for around invoice, so let's go with that as an estimate. Thanks!
  • gkrongkron Posts: 1
    Hello,

I was just wondering if I'm getting a good deal on a leasefor an S40IASR with the select and climtate packages. I was quoted at $355/month for 27 months 10k miles/yr no money down everything rolled in. I don't have the exact numbers of the deal but the sales price was about $22,500 and the residual was $17,000. Any input would be aprreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
  • johnedmjohnedm Posts: 1
    Working on a deal for a manual s40 T5 AWD right now and waiting for the paperwork from the dealer. Quote was $301/mo plus tax for 3 years/12,000 a year. $954 down plus MV fees. MSRP of the car was a little over $29,000. Seems like a great deal so I jumped on it.
    that seems like an AMAZING deal...can you give me details in terms of the residual value and money factor? what was the final capitalized cost you negotiated?
  • volviovolvio Posts: 2
    Hello,

Great discussion board by the way.

My wife and I are about to dive into the current a/z lease plan on an s40 2.4($2250 in bonus, $0 cap reduction, 24 mo, 10,500 mi/yr, , net cap cost of $21,078 on an msrp of 24,735)and I just want to know if the a/z plan is really the best I can do or am I better off negotiating on my own.
    Is there ANYTHING to negotiate here?
    Thank you for the great board!

Ivan
  • volviovolvio Posts: 2
    Hello,

Great discussion board by the way.

My wife and I are about to dive into the current a/z lease plan on an s40 2.4($2250 in bonus, $0 cap reduction, 24 mo, 10,500 mi/yr, , net cap cost of $21,078 on an msrp of 24,735 all for $$246 / mo with 1,100 at signing. I just want to know if the a/z plan is really the best I can do or am I better off negotiating on my own.
    Is there ANYTHING to negotiate here?
    Thank you for the great board!

Ivan
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Nope, nothing to negotiate if you have a/z plan.
    You walk in, sign up say thank you and drive out.

Thats what the plan is for.
    Hi Car_man:

can you provide the current lease information on a 2006 S40 2.4i with select package and automatic transmission? I'm looking at 24, 27, and 36 month leases with 12,000 miles per year. If you could provide the info for that, that would be great. I can calculate my own payment once I have the residual value and money factor from you. I'm looking for a minimum drive-off and would like to know which of the terms you think would lead to the lowest payment.

Also, a dealer today offered me almost 6,000 off of the MSRP of the car built out the way I want it; is there a special lease support program right now? I'm waiting for a final worked-up quote.
  • avalon2000avalon2000 Posts: 25
    Wish to know, in advance, what may be best deal to lease following fully loaded T5:

MSRP: $39,877
    price to me: $34,985 [via CarsDirect quote]
    sales tax: 8.375% [NYS/NYC]
    Duration: 36 mo.
    $ down: $0.00
    Miles @ yr: 15,000

and calculate same with

Duration: 24 mo.
    Miles @ yr: 12,000

re first scenario with a .00138 money factor, 51% residual I came up with $520.86@ mo. incl. tax, but not including any lease orig. or return fees if any.
  • shakzilashakzila Posts: 6
    Great site!

Say, Volvomax, how would I incorporate the $4,000 dealer incentive for leasing through a bank into my negotiations?

thanks.
    First of all, leasing an 06 anything in August isn't smart because of the low residuals.
    If you want to lease an S40, do it now.
    Otherwise, wait for the 07's and start over.
    hey volvomax-- since Car_man is nowhere to be found, can you give me the residual and MF info I'm looking for? My post is above-- looking for an S40 2.4i and am looking for the info for both a 24 month and 36 month (if a 27 is available, then that too) w/12k mile lease.

Thanks!!
    VFNA money factor is the same .00187
    Residual @ 24 mos 64% 36 mos 53%
  • 25stjames25stjames Posts: 6
    Are the money factor and the residual the same for the s40 2.4? Thanks.
    That IS the info for the 2.4
  • shakzilashakzila Posts: 6
    Hello all,

Dealer is offering me the following 2.4i in ice white, with auto, select pkg, DSTC....

Sales Price... 19,150
    36 month lease, 36,000 miles
    No money down
    1st month + tax + registration
    Monthly payment including tax === $ 296

What do you think??

Not sure what
This discussion has been closed.