Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S40 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello kathiew. A base 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i has a spread of over $1,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I'm surprised that the dealer that you spoke with wouldn't provide you with any sort of discount on this car. It's not a bad vehicle, but it's not like consumers are beating down showroom doors to get it. It definitely would be in your best interest to comparison shop a little bit to see if you can find a dealer that is willing to give you a discount on this car.

As far as this car's lease program goes, Volvo Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease lease of a a 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i with 15,000 miles per year are .00227 and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jpierotti. Volvo actually increased its cash incentive on leases of the 2007 S40 T5 AWD through independent banks to $6,000 in March. You can go with this program, or take advantage of Volvo Finance's special lease program for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings bgro. You never mentioned this car's selling price. This number will show me how much of a discount your friend was given on it and it will enable me to estimate what its monthly payment should be. Let me know what the selling price was and I will be happy to give you my opinion on your friend's deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • drpie1drpie1 Posts: 5
    any info yet on april if current incentives will continue??
  • smat74smat74 Posts: 9
    How would one go about finding "independent banks" that can take advantage of these incredible incentives? Volvo's own lease program isn't that great, IMHO...
    us bank is the one offering the current deal
  • smat74smat74 Posts: 9
    Should I just call them up? Their website doesn't have much specific info about leasing and how to start. Thanks.
    you need to deal with the dealer i dont believe they deal directly with consumers as most leasing companies do not
  • Hello all - wanted to post the latest deal I've been working on at Volvo of Princeton:

2007 S40 2.4i with Select, Climate, Auto and Metallic paint (MSRP of $29,310)

To purchase - final price - $24,602

To lease for 36 months, 18k/year:
    Cap Cost - $22,852
    Cost Out of Pocket - ~$1600 (includes Acquisition fee, document fee, various NJ state fees [those suck], 1st month)
    Money factor - 0.00207 (or ~4.9%)
    Residual - 47%

Final lease price - $383.33/mo (Note - this includes NJ tax of 7%)

I plan on completing by the end of the week - they are motivated by the end of the month and end of the quarter.

Anyone have any thoughts how we could drive down further?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,891
    well, i ran it through the lease calculator and it seems like it all adds up. Considering you are about $6500 below MSRP, it seems like you are getting full advantage of the dealer cash. So I think you've got all you'll get. Of course, that is my unprofessional opinion.

By the way, Princeton is the ONLY volvo dealer I have found I like in Jersey.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• I am in the same area as you, my two closest Volvo dealers are Edison and Princeton, both owned by the same people. I was in the market to purchase the S40 and I had been working on a deal with the Edison dealer. I was comparing prices between them, Princeton, and another dealer, when the Edison salesperson "modified" the terms I had told him I was interested in. At this time, the salesperson in Princeton inferred I was lying about the deal a dealer up north was giving me. The dealer in Edison advised that if I'm really getting that good of a price I should go with them because he can't match it.

I don't know if you would find a better deal with a lease by going elsewhere, but when I was purchasing the folks I went to were looking to close the deal because it was nearing end of month for them. If you're interested, I can give you the info for the salespeople I dealt with up there. I have no regrets going there, I just don't see how my local dealers couldn't have been more competitive. I also didn't appreciate being called a liar.

If you are interested in the contact information for the dealer I used, send me an email at volvos40.5.bigdummy@spamgourmet.com.

Good luck.
    any news out there on deals for this month?
  • I'd also be interested in finding these out. We are interested in leasing an '07 S40 2.4i with Geartronic, Climate, and Select Packages.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • pshifrinpshifrin Posts: 4
    I just received a quote for a T5 AWD, Premium Package, Audio Package, Climate Package.

36 Months, 15k per year
    MSRP 34375
    Lease Support $6500
    MF .00207
    45 % Residual
    $2086 Down (New York State, Westchester County, lots of fees, bank fee, etc.)

Monthly Payment $374.

Any comments?
    who is lease through good lease support
  • pshifrinpshifrin Posts: 4
    I pulled the trigger on this deal (post 156) today. Only we found a car with sirius built-in (i LOVE my sirius) so that added just $3 per month. $108 total over the cost of the lease for an integrated solution rather than an ugly little box on the dash is a good deal to me, plus first 6 months free.

I'm very happy that the selling price this lease is based on is approx $9500 off msrp, and there are no hidden fees or BS. The tax (it is what it is) and bank fees (set by US Bank, non neg) plus just $45 doc fee, NY $10 tire fee etc.

$377 a month for an S40 AWD, Auto, Premium, Climate, Audio, Sirius seems to me like an excellent deal. I do like the volvo more than the A4 which seems to be it's competitor and i don't think you can get an a4 quattro with all that stuff for this price.
  • cbnycbny Posts: 1
    Montclair Volvo (Montclair, NJ)
    S40 2.4i
    Metallic w/ T-tec
    Automatic
    Select Package
    Climate Package
    $234/mo.
    $1995 down
    $845 Bank Fee
    $501 Document Fees, Tags, Title, etc.
    8.375% Sales Tax for NYC
  • '07 S40 2.4i
    Passion Red
    Automatic
    Climate Package
    Select Package
    Bluetooth Handsfree Kit
    $230/month
    $1000 down
    36 Months, 12k miles a year

We are picking up the car next week! It's a moot point now, but how did I do? For the money it seems like an incredible deal!
  • lednameledname Posts: 23
    Is the lease $6000 support offer still in effect today?
    Hey drpie1. Volvo Finance's April lease program for the '07 S40 is different than it was in March. If you tell me exactly what car you are interested in, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.