Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S60 Lease Questions

Comments

• rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    yeah, i wish also, good luck!
  • maellenmaellen Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a FWD S60. I would like to put down approx. $5000. Is this a good idea or am I better off negotiating without a downpayment. Currently with $5000 down I am looking at payments of $299 mth for 36 mths, 12,000 miles, 41% residual, MSRP of 35,725. This is my first time leasing--any insight in negotiating the best price is appreciated!
  • volvo_rvolvo_r Posts: 20
    That's waaaaaayyyyy tooo much for a lease
    Way too much downpayment or monthly?
  • rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    try 10k to 12k off msrp first no down payment just a few fees
    All of the current promos are ending July 9th. With the 08's arriving soon does anyone know if the leasing incentives will get better with the next promotion or am I better off buying before the 9th?
  • vtdogvtdog Posts: 163
    I can't comment on the validity of the information, but I leased a S-60 in mid May and got what I believe (based on the info I have seen here)a really good deal. We took the car back to the dealer last week to fix a minor issue which required a re-program of the keys and I met the salesman while waiting for the car.

He said that they expect to run out of S-60s (at least in AWD-which is what I got) before the new '08s arrive due to the recent incentives in leasing. Again, I can't vouch for the info, but as I already had the car about a month there is no reason for him to try and get me motivated to buy/lease now.
  • volvo_rvolvo_r Posts: 20
    way too much for both the down pymt and monthly pymt on S60 2.5t AWD. My dealer is currently advertising $309 mo.$0 due at siging & $0 driveoff 36 mos for his remaing 2007's
  • bjsheffbjsheff Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2007 S60 T5 with paint, premium, and automatic:
    MSRP - $37555, Invoice - $35223 , TMV - $32167
    Leasing through an independent bank with 15K a year for 36 (or maybe 24) months.

I have a few questions before I visit the dealer again:

1. What are the exact current incentives on leasing through an independent bank? You mentioned $9500 on the T5. The salesman quoted $2000 through Volvo VS. $7500 through independent, not in addition to. Should he be combining the $2000 through any source WITH the $7500 through independents? Is there still the $1000 conquest cash that would also apply?

2. I also noticed the $4500 dealer incentive through July 9. Do they receive the money if the car is leased and/or sold outright, and should I be factoring this into my negotiations? If so, should I deduct it from invoice ($30723) and work from there, focusing on $31-$31.5K.

3. What is the current residual on the T5 with 15K miles for 24 and 36 months?

4. Do (or should) the security deposit and acquisition fees get paid up front, or rolled into the payments?

5. The Edmunds lease calculator begins with the negotiated price, not MSRP, and figures the residual off of that. Am I misunderstanding something, or shouldn't the residual come off of MSRP?

Thank you so much for any help anyone can give, as well as all of the valuable information I've already learned from these forums.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    i can answer one question.

5. the lease calculator doesn't figure the residual. you have to manually enter it.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• bjsheffbjsheff Posts: 2
    Thanks.

The dealer is now saying that the cash for June on the T5 through independent banks is $8500. Did it change from the $9500 posted for May, or are they missing something (conquest cash, maybe)?

I am planning on going to the dealership this afternoon or tomorrow. Is there any information available that would tell me whether or not the offer will get better or worse for July? Also, should I be factoring in the $4500 dealer cash?

Thanks in advance Car_man or anyone else! I hope I'm not being too pushy. I guess I'm just anxious about the timing on these offers AND to get into my new car! Thanks again.
    you aren't being pushy its just that, unfortunately, this board doesn't get alot of attention. you really need either carman or volvomax. maybe try politely emailing them? (if you click on their username, you should be able to get the address)

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Offer won't change,at least thru early July.
    Offer is $9500.
    However, bank lease residuals are dropping July 1 at least 3 points.
    So, if you are gonna lease one,do it before Sunday.
  • Are the lease incentives still in effect on the S60 R with 11,000 dollar lease cash for leasing through an independent bank?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • atran38atran38 Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man and all who can help!!!:
    I need your advice on getting a lease for an S60R. I have the following offer from a dealership….
    MSRP 43805
    Cap: 30500
    Upfront out of pocket expense: 650.00 (1st month payment + fees)
    Residual: 32%
    MF: 0035 (I did not negotiate this…not sure if I can)
    Mileage: 15,000 miles
    48 Months
    Monthly Lease: 520.00

I am new to leasing and would need any advice you can give me. Thank you for your help and time.

Regards,
    Anthony
    Cap cost seems great. I think maybe you can negotiate the MF. Maybe not, though. It depends on your credit. It does seem a bit high. Since it is through an independent bank, I wonder if you could do you own rate shopping.

• Hey just so you are aware, I have a deal on the table for the following on an S60 R AWD 6spd(not sure the details as far as MF or anything at this point since its what was quoted initially):

MSRP: 50,115
    Capcost: 31,000
    Downpayment: $3000
    Monthly Payment: $434 including tax
    36 Months
    12k miles/year

The dealership is giving about 9500 off the cars sale price, and then combined with the $10,500 in incentives by volvo for leasing through an independent bank, the deal is stupid cheap to pass on.

I'm in the philly area, but this car as at a dealer in DC.
    Well, usually cap cost takes the down payment into account, so I believe its more like $6k off before the incentive. But that's still ridiculously cheap. There has to be more incentive money or the dealer is losing money.

• Yeah it is ridiculously cheap...I'm waiting for them to come back with the details and then I'll post them here. The dealer is sitting with something like 8 R's and has had them for a while now and they are really looking to move it. I just negotiated sale price first before I even mentioned the lease, and then I mentioned the lease and how I knew there were incentives and that was the number they gave me.

Its cheaper then what we paid for the V70 T5 we had on a lease 4 years ago...
  • atran38atran38 Posts: 9
    Yea,
    Its alot of incentive for a great car! Do you think a 48 month lease will be better off than a 36mth? I'm planning on purchasing the car once lease is up. Is that a good idea as well? On most cars, I know its not a wise thing to do but with all the incentives, it may be cheaper...