Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi autoboy19. Here's the information that you're interested in. US Bank's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S80 T6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 S80 V8 AWD are .00122 and 40%.

As you can see, these residual values are pretty bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I have this offer on the table. Sounds pretty good to me, but maybe I'm a dope. Thoughts?

60 mo/ 10K miles - $550/mo. zero out of pocket, PLUS covering 1600 remaining on current lease.

money factor: 0.00137
    residual: 26% of MSRP of $43,150 (climate, sunroof, metallic, PCC)
    selling price is $36,100
    loyalty rebate of $1500 is used for capped cost reduction.
  • Hi mjalapeno. I personally would not sign this deal. In my opinion, 60 months is way too long a lease. A lot can happen over the course of five years. Your commute could change, causing you to be waaaay over your low 10,000 mile per year mileage allowance. Your family situation could change causing you to need a larger or smaller vehicle. You could just plain get sick of the car, etc...

Furthermore, this car only comes with a four year warranty. This means that you will have to pay for any problems that your vehicle has during the fifth year of your lease out of your own pocket or have to pay an excess wear and tear penalty when you return your vehicle.

A 26% residual value is terrible. At that point, you might as well finance this car for five years and actually own it when your all done with payments. In fact, you can actually finance a 2010 S80 through US Bank right now at 0% for six years. That probably the way that I would go if I was in the market for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, I'm glad I didn't do anything in January... but now the dealers are telling me that I can't get the s60 bonus cash of $3K and get the 0% for 72 mos. Is that true? I see on the Edmunds site where the $4K to the dealer can't be applied, but it says nothing about the $3K for s60 owners.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi mjalapeno. Volvo did introduce 0% financing for 72 months on the 2010 S80. That's a heck of a deal. Whether this offer is compatible with the loyalty cash is a very good question. I know that the $3,000 loyalty for current S60 owners drops to $1,500 on leases, but I'm not sure about on APR contracts. One would think that the lower cash allowance would be available on finance deals as well, but I don't know that for certain. You might want to try contacting another dealer or two and seeing what they say.

Car_man
    Host
  • vancouver83vancouver83 Posts: 30
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please give me the residual and money factor on this car? Also, there seem to be some interesting incentives, anything you could share would be great.

Thanks
    Hi vancouver83. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I'm going to have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Volvo's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a S80 V8 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 38% (ouch), respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the large $6,000 dealer cash incentive that Volvo is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • vancouver83vancouver83 Posts: 30
    Thank you Car_Man.

Wow! That 36% is a real game-changer. I see the V8 listed for approximately $45,000 at the dealership with an MSRP of 55,000. I was hoping to get an additional $2000 off the 45 for being a volvo customer and another $4000 for not using the 0 percent financing (basically leasing it). Is this the 6000 you are referring to? I think there are some other allowances that may have already been made to make the price 45. What do you believe is a reasonable price. The only thing I would add to the V8 would be climate package and possibly the sports package (

Anyway, with the 36%, dont think that a lease is practical. Do you know what the residual is for a 12,000 miles per year for 36 months? How about 12,000 per year for 48 months.

Thank you so much in advance. You are providing such a valuable service. I feel so much more confident when dealing with the dealers.

Warm regards,
    Vancouver83
  • Car_man,

Is Volvo still providing lease support for the 2010 Volvo S80s? I know last month they still were. If so, I would like to know the rates for the S80 V8 for 36 and 60 months at 15k miles per year.

Thanks
  • Hey autoboy19. Unfortunately, in October Volvo pulled the plug on its lease support for 2010 models.

Volvo is now providing $5,500 in dealer cash to help dealers unload any remaining 2010 S80s.

Car_man
    Host
  • 03qx03qx Posts: 19
    edited April 2011
    Car Man,
    Could you please post the rate and residual for the Volvo S80 3.2 & T6 for 36 Months and 12K Miles. I believe they do the leases through US bank but not sure. Also, could you tell me what the base Aqusition Fee is.
    Thanks so Much !!!!!!
    Hey 03qx. Through May 2nd, Volvo's (through US Bank) buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S80 3.2 with 12,000 miles per year are .00004 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 S80 T6 are .00034 and 54%.

I believe that US Bank's base acquisition fee is $695.

As I mentioned, these are the April numbers that are scheduled to run through May 2nd. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days for an update on what the new programs are like.

Car_man
    Host
  • ggregs713ggregs713 Posts: 1
    Just went to Volvo for quote on '11 T6 S80, 36 months, 12k/year, no money down. Salesperson gave me a quote for a loaded car (tech/navi, climate pkg, key-less entry, park assist...(am I forget something?) @ $599/month. I am a current Volvo owner so received a $1k in loyalty cap reduction. Was surprised at a $999 bank fee. Is this the norm (both bank fees and monthly payment)? Not sure if she was "shooting straight" or just sending me along because they didn't have this car on the lot and she was going to have to search for it.

Thanks, Car_Man!!
    Hello ggregs713. US Bank, the bank that Volvo uses as its captive finance company, charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. It looks like the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark up US Bank's base fee in an effort to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

This car's lease payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. If you provide me with both numbers, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price (which can be found in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com) I would be happy to use Volvo's lease program to work up a sample payment on this car for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car man

Wanting to lease a 2011 Volvo S80 T6 - $45,050.
    15K miles per year for 36 months

Can you give me an idea of good numbers offered by dealer
    Hi bostonmom1. Volvo's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Volvo S80 T6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 50%, respectively.

If you provide me with an approximate selling price, or at least the dealer invoice price, of this car I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks the MSRP is $47,670. It is equipped with Multimedia Package * Climate Package * BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) * Metallic Paint * Homelink * Front & Rear Park Assist * 18" Venator Chrome Wheels
    You're welcome bostonmom1. Thanks for the MSRP. That's only half the battle though. I still need either an approximate selling price or its dealer invoice price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I am considering leasing the 2011 Volvo S80, 3.2 they advertised $379.99 plus tax with no money down. After going to the dealer they ended up offering me a 36 month lease @ $470 per month. I told them no way & now they can do no money down, 36 month lease @ $ 428.00. The mileage is 10,000 per year. On the estimate that said that the selling price was 40,275, discount price 7,463 which makes the adjusted price $32, 812. Does this sound right? thanks
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Car Man, for 2012s, is the money factor still .00001? What is the residual?

Thanks