Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC70 Lease Questions

Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Volvo XC70. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• I am in the market for a new SUV/Wagon.

I am hoping to get the sept residuals and money factors of 2005 xc70 3 years 15K a year

Thanks KA
  • Hey someguy1. You certainly are interested in a number of vehicles. I am curious to find out which one you end up picking and why. Volvo is no longer leasing 2005 models. It replaced its lease support on this wagon with $5,000 dealer cash. Make sure to use this cash to negotiate an attractive lease on the vehicle that you want. You probably can still lease it through an independent bank if you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • I'm turning in my wifes xc70 in april. Has anyone had an experience turning in a volvo lease? I understand they send someone out 30 days prior to end of lease term to inspect the vehicle (i assume this is to allow lessee's to make needed fixes). Are they fairly "by the book" or is there some latitude? Thanks.
  • sweeney4sweeney4 Posts: 17
    Can you tell me what the Money Factor and Residual values are on a 2006 XC70, XC90 and v70.

Thanks
  • rafleiscrafleisc Posts: 1
    Turned in an 02 S80 late last year. They are fairly by the book but I suppose it depends on who comes out to look. They actually sent us an end of lease document that detailed what we would get hit for and what we wouldn't. It details the size and depth of dings allowed, interior condition etc. All in all there were no suprises though still wasn't happy paying the extra $.
  • ryanburdryanburd Posts: 3
    Hello,

Just got a lease quote on a 2006 XC70 with Premium Package & Climage Package

MSRP $40,500
    Initial Cap Cost $28,102 (A-Plan price)
    Adjusted Cap Cost $28,102
    12K miles per year
    Residual $14,985
    Interest 0.0025%
    42-month Term
    $420.03 Monthly payment
    Total due at signing $2,125

Is this a good deal for A-Plan pricing? I am in the Burlington, VT area. Brand new to this forum and Volvo in general. Any help is much appreciated!!
    I AM VERY INTERESTED IN LEASING A VOLVO XC70.
    CAN YOU LET ME KNOW THE RESIDUAL VALUE, MONEY FACTOR AND
    ANY INCENTIVES.

THANKS
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I;d be happy to help you out, sweeney4. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. These are very common parameters. Let me know if you want something different. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 XC70 with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 47%, respectively in most states.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thank you very much. What would the factors be for 12K miles per year or 10K miles per year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, sweeney4. Volvo Finance's money factors are the same, regardless of how many miles per year you lease with. Your mileage allowance does impact your vehicle's residual values though. Volvo Finance's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles peer year are 2% higher than its 15k residuals. Its residual values for leases with 10,500 miles per year (for some strange reason Ford uses 10.5k miles instead of 10k) are 3% higher than its 15k residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dwhite5dwhite5 Posts: 1
    I am in the process of putting together a lease for a 2007 XC70 with the Premium and Climate packages.

Here are the details:
    MSRP - $40,785
    August Program Cap Cost - $30,220
    36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    Residual - $16,985
    $0 down
    $0 sec dep
    $1,809.04 in drive off(including first month payment)
    $484 per month including taxes

This seems like a good deal to me, and when I went to another dealer they couldn't come close to it and seemed genuinely confused.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks
    1) The Residual value of the car looks a little low
    2) Check out the news paper, there is a 24 month lease - $359 a month with
    $370 - Security Deposit
    $795 - Bank fee
    $359 - First month
    Plus add in taxes.
  • fazerfazer Posts: 1
    I'm exploring a lease on a 2006 XC70 with the premium package, climate package, integrated booster seats and third row seat and am wondering if it's a fair deal. Any help would be appreciated.
    Here are the details:
    1)24 month lease
    2)$33,654 Cap cost
    3)12K miles/yr
    4)$412/month + tax + excise
    5)$2,211 up front w/ 0 security deposit
    6)$24,853 Residual value

My eyes are starting to glaze over w/ all the numbers. I should also note they will to give me $10,500 as a trade in on a 2001 XC V70 w/ 78k and the transmission needs replacing.
    Thanks!
  • thedrakethedrake Posts: 13
    I think you can do better fazer. I just picked up my leased XC70 Monday. This is the deal I got:

2007 XC70, premiun package, climate package, convenience package, metallic paint, sticker $42,855.

* 24 month lease
    * $0 down
    * 10,500 miles/yr
    * $338/month (including VCF leasse loyalty $500)
    * $1748 total up front
    * sweet
  • thedrake,

That is a sweet deal. Can you tell me the name of the dealership? Was the upfront payment for 1st month, security deposit, bank leasing fee, and tags & registration?
    Thanks and good luck with your car.
  • thedrakethedrake Posts: 13
    I leased my xc70 from volvoville on LI.

$1748 total at signing was:
    * first month
    * bank fee
    * tax
    * registration
    * no security deposit as returning VCF customer
    * no cap cost down
  • Your information is 100% accurate. I called the dealership and they have the car I want. The deal they have with Ford Motor Credit is that these transactions can only be with New York residents. While I live in Florida, my daughter lives in Manhattan so she was to go to the dealer and sign the lease. They want my guaranty on the lease and they insist that I come to NY to sign that. Since I don't want to take a weekend to do that, I think I have to look elsewhere.
  • My wife finally decided on VOLVO XC70 - 2007

I received the following quote,

339 per month for 24months. MSRP is $41,260 Purchase price is 36,000.
    WHat is the residual value and money factor. WHen I put it into the Calculator my number is higher.
    Due at signing - bank - 795, first month and security.
  • Hi sweeney4. Volvo Finance's September lease program is scheduled to run through the end of today, October 2nd. I can give you an idea of what that lease program is like for this model right now. Feel free to check back with me later on this week and I should be able to give you an idea of what its new October program is like. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 XC70 with 15,000 miles per year are .00201 and 52%, respectively.

Volvo Finance's lease acquisition fee is currently only $595. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark this fee up a couple hundred dollars to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to insist upon the base fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am going to lease a 2007 XC70 in the next week or so. I have one dealer that is saying the Volvo is giving $9000.00 off the price if I lease in Oct. The lease that I have worked out is for:

2007 70XC $43,000 Price
    48 Month
    15k per year
    2700 down

$546.00 Per month

Any Ideas?

Thanks