Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• mattiefebmattiefeb Posts: 8
    I would really appreciate someone helping me with my lease negotiations. I love the XC90 and am surprised that I went into a Volvo dealership yesterday and found it within my price range. I didn't sign anything yet, and I am happy because it seems that the deals here are better and I really need help negotiating. My first offer from delership is:
    MSRP - $38,700
    Down incl inception and taxes - $3,000
    Payment $598 for 33 months
    I don't know any of the other details, residual or money factor. What should they be?
    (I have $2,200 in remaining lease payments on my current car and this includes Volvo eating that $2,200)

Any ideas??
    Thanks, Mattie
  • mcg9900mcg9900 Posts: 1
    I was at a dealer in NJ and this was my quote: (#'s rounded off)

MSRP 45,000
    Selling Price 33,500
    $3020 Total due out of pocket
    $20,500 residual

36 mos $468
    42 mos $445

Has all the extras etc... I thought it was a good deal

Any thoughts?
  • hphiliphphilip Posts: 3
    Have an 06 XC90 V8 which is approaching lease end. Willing to purchase at market price which is substantially less than lease residual. Anyone know who to reach at Volvo Financial that can make that decision?
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    I dont think they will allow you to do so. Call Volvo Finance.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    VFNA doesn't negotiate.
  • spmspm Posts: 1
    great deal.
    Can you tell me the name of the leasing co.
    Also, the name of NJ Volvo dealer.
    Thanks,
  • radoncgsradoncgs Posts: 58
    I was wondering about the same. Please post what you find out. Thanks.
  • skoontzskoontz Posts: 18
    Hello Carman,

We were just at the Volvo dealership here in Austin yesterday. The sales person told us the only _attractive_ lease option on the XC90 was a 48 month lease term. This seems to differ from your information. Should we go back to the dealership and call "bs" on what they're saying?

Thank you,
    Sean
  • john255john255 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man.

Please provide the June money factors,residual values and any lease incentives on the XC90 for 36 and 48 months and 12k miles per year. Thanks!
  • bhloobhloo Posts: 1
    hi car man - thanks for all the helpful moderation on everything. my local volvo dealer (southern ca) is suggesting that the residual on 48 mo leases is 36% (THIRTY six %). i know u.s. bank got burned on plenty of that from a few years ago, but the 36% looks a lot different than some of the other numbers people have represented here in your blog. could this local dealer be quoting u.s. bank as opposed to volvo finance, or ? thanks!
  • stimstim Posts: 33
    ANY deals or numbers for a V8 XC90? Currently in a two year with a V8 that expires at the end of July. Currently paying about 428.00 per month with 3500 down. Includes ALL taxes for Missouri including personal property taxes. Car is basically loaded with the exception of Navigation and rear DVD in headrest. Have Xexon, convience, etc. Recall that this deal showed up sometime in July - toward the end as the 07's were starting to be shipped.

Would love to do the same - but the 08 V6 deals are not that sweet - currently
  • gpargpar Posts: 7
    Hello,

I was wondering if this was a good offer.

4 package, 6cyl, blis, metal paint wood steering wheel

39 month lease
    $1650 down
    15k miles/year
    $481 per month tax included?
    What is an acquisition fee? Is it negotiable?
    What is a disposition fee? Is it negotiable?
  • john255john255 Posts: 2
    What is a 4 package and blis? Do you know what bank the lease is through? Thx
  • hphiliphphilip Posts: 3
    Sitting on the same situation. If you come up with an answer please let me know. I'll commit to do the same.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    NO and NO. The Acq. fee might be absorved by dealer incentives tho.
    Climate
    Versatility
    Premiun
    Convenience

BLIS Blind Spot Info System

I do not know the bank.

This is what the dealer offered. What are your thoughts?

New 2008 VOLVO XC90 AWD XC90 4dr Wgn 3.2L 7 Pass w/Snrf

Lease Term: 39
    Total Payment: 481.32
    Out of Pocket: 1,642.22
    MSRP: 48,695.00
    Residual: 20,451.90
    Mileage: 15,000

option 2 would be 36 months at $485.28 $1,642.22 due at signing
  • Looks like a great deal...where in NJ?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello Sean. What you were told simply is not true. Volvo Finance's 36 month lease money factors for the '08 XC90 are actually lower than its 48 month money factors. Having said this, the additional twelve payments that you can spread out this vehicle's large initial depreciation hit out over might make a 48 month lease have a slightly lower monthly payment, but that does not necessarily make it the better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi john255. The XC90's lease program varies by trim level. You never mentioned the exact XC90 that you want, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a '08 XC90 3.2 AWD with 5-passenger seating. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this vehicle with 12,000 miles per year are .00212 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00226 and 40%.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 lease cash that is currently available on it. There is an additional $1,000 loyalty incentive on top of this if you are a current XC90 lessee.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, bhloo. The 36% residual value that you were quoted for Volvo Finance is slightly low...but not that far off. Volvo Finance's 48 month residual values for the '08 XC90 vary by trim level, but they range from 37% to 38% for leases with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gpar. Volvo Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers are not allowed to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Many banks charge a disposition fee of a couple hundred dollars at lease-end as well. I do not know if Volvo Finance charges one, but I would not be surprised if it does. Consumers who lease another vehicle from the same bank are usually able to have this charge waived.

Car_man
    Host
  • tmbtexastmbtexas Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me the name, location, and contact for your Volvo dealer? This seems like a decent offer, and would like to explore myself. Thanks.
  • I am looking into leasing an XC90 special edition with zero down and for about 36 months. I live in Lake County Illinois if that makes a difference and I don't really understand most of the terms used in this forum except for the actual cost per month. Thanks in advance!
  • radoncgsradoncgs Posts: 58
    what is the XC 90 special edition? is it different from R-design?
  • shermtimeshermtime Posts: 4
    Yes, please advise which dealer is that in what NJ city? That deal looks sweet! What is the $1,642.22 due on signing for, and what are the monthly taxes incorporated into the $485.28 lease price? Did you happen to get a quote as well for 12,000 miles/year?

Finally, does anyone know what is likely to happen in July, or is there any risk that the dealer incentive of $7500 could vanish in whole or in part?
    !
    Please advise ASAP
  • dyx121dyx121 Posts: 4
    Hi, Did you get a location for this reply in NJ.
    Please advise ASAP
    No, unfortunately, I did not get a reply. And I suspect that this is not accurate information. You know the old saying, "when something is too good to be true, it probably isn't"! I have spoken to a couple of Volvo dealers today, including one in New Jersey, who have convinced me that no dealer would ever offer this low monthly with that minimum down payment. The best deal I've gotten thus far for a fully loaded XC90 (in Connecticut) for a 3 year, 12,000 mile lease, AWD, with Nav and Bluetooth, is $575 (plus payment of my last lease payment on my non-Volvo leased car). This rate is good only through today, June 30th, and is subject to change based on interest rates and residual value as of July 1st. The $7500 dealer incentive should remain in effect, however, through July 7th, I understand. Has anyone found a better deal?
    Did YOU ever get a reply to your inquiry? See my recent #1060 reply which was similar to yours... Given my further research on this, I now really doubt those are accurate numbers, don't you? Please let me know what you think about this. Thanks! Karen
  • dyx121dyx121 Posts: 4
    Looking for a good deal in central NJ for 2008 volvo XC90 base package. Please advice
This discussion has been closed.