Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• bg516bg516 Posts: 15
    well i told everyone that i got an xc90 v8 sport with an msrp 0f 55312 at the dealership in gwinnett georgia. I picked up the car yesterday, of course the sirius antenna fell off and had to be reattached this morning before i drove home,300 miles away, but they did it quick and all is fine with the car..actually a real nice car. i am not sorry i got it.
    now the deal was i said, 4500 drive off, 428 plus tax for 36 and 36000 miles, with overage miles at 12 cents if you can believe that.

one guy said the dealer lost 1500 on the deal, so i sat with the sales manager who is a real nice guy, and he said that with the xplan price, and the incentives which are not that bad, and the fact that I took a left over 2008, IN RED!! when no one was buying, in truth he lost about 500 dollars after hold back of 1335..now get this, he sold it to me on the last day of june, so he also saved paying the interest for that car for the month, which at say 1/2 % of invoice might be 375..so he basically broke even and i brought him a present of special brownies he asked about.
    Now that I actually have the car, the deal wasfor real.

no one had v8 sports at anything less that 699 a month, call boston volvo they have 5 in stock and wanted 651 with (130 more per month) for the same car.
    Yes, i had to drive it back and it cost with plane ticket and one night at the hotel and the gas and food about $300, but it was great to drive the car without the family around and get to know it..

I don't think there are too many v8's around, but if you want a 6, call these guys, they are real aggressive and seem to have a bunch of 6's on the lot, with lots of those demo service loaners too.
    the salesman name is brett maxwell, and the number is 678-684-4207

see what they can do to beat the new zero drive off deals on the xc90's that volvo came out today with. that is 499 a month with nothing, including all drive off fees.
    i mistyped, i am paying 478 a month plus tax, not 428
  • zkaudiozkaudio Posts: 60
    Anyone know if the pricing on 09's is going to change at all? I have heard rumors that there will actually be some changes (still skeptical) on the 09 for once... maybe some electronics that can finally compete with japanese cars from the 90's?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,432
    maybe some electronics that can finally compete with japanese cars from the 90's?

Huh. Interesting. Does that mean current japanese cars can't compete with '90s japanese car? Because my '06 Accord is absolutely no competition for our '05 XC90s sound system. It can't even compete with my '98 S70 (I think our XC90 is slightly below that probably because it has so much more space to fill with sound), which was by far the best stock sound system I've ever had in any car (and I've had alot of cars from alot of different manufacturers).

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• czallczall Posts: 3
    I have 2 months left on my lease at $500/month and I am going to buy the car its a 2005 xc90 2.5T AWD, the bank is not sticking with the original residual but is negiotating aggressively on the price they offered to sell me the vehicle now for $22,000 OTD. last month their offer was $22,700. By paying last months payment i actually saved $200 since my payment was $500 but the price of the vehicle went down by $700 now im not sure what to do should i wait another month or two send in the $500 lease payments and see if the price of the car declines by more than $500 per month. anybody have a sense of whether this car in this market will depreciate by more or less than $500/month? Its a bit of a gamble my inclination is too roll the dice and wait and make the final two lease payments and hope the price of the car goes down by more than $500/month. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    I don't think you have anything to lose by waiting.
    Those payments have to be made anyway.
    i was picking up my car at volvo of gwinnett in duluth GEORGIA last week and they had lots of 08 service loaners with about 8 to 10 miles on them.l they really wanted to lose them and i bet they would but a deal equal to what i got my 08 v8 sport for. they seem despirate to lose the xc's before the xc60 model comes in soon.

the internet guy is brett maxwell, check my earlier posts on this page and the prior page for the contact information. they seem really motivated, and you would get a newer car with a warranty from volvo and a good transmission.

barry
  • stimstim Posts: 34
    Called a dealer in Missouri which is out of my area and spoke to the sales manager. Interested in a V8 he has on the lot with the colors/options I want. He emailed me some numbers:

The 24 month MF for the deal is .00041 or .984% which is excellent
    Residuals for 24 month lease at 10500 per year is 56%

Was willing to drop price 5000 without any negociating.

The fixed numbers are OK but how much lower should he go. 09's on incoming VERY SOON so when they hit the US you also have to depreciate even more.
    Right now the sweatener is the MF which is pretty low for a two year lease.

My local dealer this weekend said there is 8500 total incentives on the XC90 V8 and I'm not sure if he is blowing smoke.

Figuring current depreciation which has to be taken into account since it is at the end of the model year plus incentives I should get the list down from 55K to about 45 or less.

Is is reasonable?
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Sounds pretty good.

I thought they no longer had the 24-month lease programs.
    MF is good, but residual is painful. I'm not saying its inaccurate ... just painful.

I thought so too, but thats what he quoted. The residuals are painful but probably more realistic. My current end of 06 V8 seemed to have a jacked up residual of 75%. The finance companies are terrified of SUV leases especially when we really don't know the market value of oil two or three years out. The three year finance rate was actually much higher - .00102. Someone in the risk department probably figures that taking back a two year old car has less of a resale risk (price of oil) than a three year which could potentially have a much higher rate and be less attractive for resale. Look at the residuals of Escalades, Hummers, Tahoes, etc. and they are in the 40's, yet there finance rates are pretty high for leases. They want them to sell not get them back. My dad was looking at a Infiniti 56 which is a BEAST - loaded to the gills with a list of over 62. Dealer would take 47 and they have a zero percent rate. Quality is ok, ride is terrible and fuel economy is really pretty low - around town about 14 if you are lucky and have a soft foot.

Local inventory in St Louis is pretty slim - would love to deal locally but the color/option combos are pretty slim. Few Willow Greens, a Silver and thats about it - more V6's. Don't want black interior and there is one black/black but pretty stripped.

If I wait a few weeks maybe the price will drop but the finance rate may go up. Really have to negociate pretty hard I think for this one but I'm in no rush - have a lease extension that I can terminate any time up to six months, since it has almost a zero percent finance rate its pretty much a no brainer.
  • radoncgsradoncgs Posts: 58
    Thank you for the info. How does the 6 month extension work? I also have the 2 yr lease on my XC90. Do I need to reneogoetiate a new rate for the 6 months extension? Thank you.
    Just call Volvo Finance and request it - they'll either fax or mail you the agreement. No negotiation necessary - just same payment PLUS they'll add mileage per month equiv to your current yearly allowance. In my case they add 875 miles per month.

The only thing you have to do is get your car registered and get the state inspection/emissions and pay for registration.
  • lchrisplchrisp Posts: 1
    Did you have any luck? I'm going to be in the same situation shortly--wondering if it's a possibility.

Thanks.
  • gregzogregzo Posts: 8
    Just picked up my XC-90 last night and thought I would post the numbers.

2008 XC-90 3.2 V6 AWD. Premium, Versatility, RES, BLIS, Climate

36 month lease, 12K miles/year
    MSRP $47,695
    Adj Cap Cost $34,276.86
    Residual Value $21,016.25
    Total out of pocket $1500
    Base payment $471.75
    Monthly Payment $495.34 (including MA sales tax)

How did I do?
  • ohnosnam1ohnosnam1 Posts: 2
    That's about the payment I'm shooting for. Would it be accurate to state that your residual is 61%? If so, how on earh did you negotiate that?! Thanks for any help you can provide.
    I just emailed 3 dealers in the area and told them i wanted a payment under $500/mo. The other 2 could not get lower then $524/mo. This dealer just wanted the sale... I don't know the residual % or the mf. I couldn't find it on the paperwork. I know they are offering $9K off invoice and there is a $500 rebate for returning volvo customers. They did have to use an outside bank. Harbor One I think?? The 2009 XC-90 will be on the lots any day now so they are trying to unload the 2008. I saw a 2009 XC-90 yesterday and not too many changes from the 2008. Good Luck!
  • ohnosnam1ohnosnam1 Posts: 2
    Your MF must have been really low. I've been able to get a local Dallas dealer to give me some tax "credits" (so that my tax rate would go from 6.25% to 1.5%), but it jacked the MF up to .00345! That's an effective APR of over 8%! In any case, I think you got a great deal considering all the bells and whistles. If you can find out your MF, please let me know that as well as any other numbers you're willing to share. Thanks!
  • debndebn Posts: 6
    I am in MA too and looking for the XC90. Which dealer did you lease from and which ones did you pass on? thanks!
    Bought from South Shore Volvo in Norwell, MA. Dalzell tried very hard to match the deal but couldn't quite get there. Didn't have much luck with Boston Volvo. Good luck!
  • Hi
    I am currently getting a Deal in NJ for a

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD

For 48 Months with $0 due at signing
    for $494 a month with 15,000 miles.

Just wondering if this is a good deal.
    Please somebody respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because i might be buying this car this week
    Thanks.
  • doug09doug09 Posts: 9
    MSRP, Invoice, MF, and Residue??
  • doug09doug09 Posts: 9
    And Adj Cap Cost...
  • The MS RP is $31,658
  • with a residual of 19,360
    The MS RP is $31,658

ummmm... no its not.
    MSRP means sticker price. Ain't no XC90 that stickers for $31k.

• Yes the base price is 31,658 im getting an amazing price from this dealer
    OK. Let's try again.
    MSRP is NOT the price you get from the dealer. MSRP is what is printed on the window sticker at the factory. The XC90's MSRP STARTS at around $37k. Your SELLING price, however, may be $31k.

• O
    Sorry about that the MSRP is $45,200
  • etimesetimes Posts: 2
    Basic Model
    MSRP $36,995
    Gross Cap $26,255
    Adj Cap $25,690
    Residual $15,168
    $1000 down includes 1st pmnt
    36 mo lease
    12k miles/yr

Not sure about this but rent charge $2795, I assume this involves MF?
    Trying to figure out apr?
    Please let me know if you think this is a good deal and about the rent charge? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.