Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    The reason why the Volvo standard rates have to be used is because no outside lender will do a lease on a European Delivery car.
    Also, since you are already getting the European Delivery discount on the car, the special rates that apply to the normal cars bought at the dealer do not apply either.

If you want to lease, take a car out of stock.

Overseas Delivery is a wonderful experience, we are one of the top OSD retailers in the country. But, it doesn't work unless you can pay cash.
    99.9% of our OSD customers do just that.
  • Hi,

When you say "take a car out of stock". Do you mean have the car built for me? If this is what you mean then I know that this will cost twice as much for the drive off. I asked the dealers about getting a vehicle in stock to save myself around 3 grand. Basically the difference was from 2 grand to possibly 5 grand for drive off cost if I get the car built that's not in stock.

Also when you say, "But, it doesn't work unless you can pay cash." Do you mean it's better if I purchase the vechicle and do a 5 Year payment plan European Delivery instead of trying to do a 36 month lease European Delivery?
    I am saying that you CANNOT lease a car via the European Delivery program UNLESS you use the standard VFNA rates.
    No bank or lease co will finance ot lease a European Delivery car.

If you are leasing, take a car that is already at the dealership.
    If you can pay cash for a car, take the European Delivery option.
  • Volvomax - Do you think that Volvo will increase the incentives to lease through independent banks at the beginning of Feb? Even with the current incentives and dealer discounts the residual and MF are not good enough to make the XC90 an attractive lease. Any insight is appreciated.

What selling price should I be able to negotiate on a 2009 XC90 3.2 AWD before the incentives? Invoice less xxxx? Invoice + xxxx?

Anyone know if Volvo will partner with Costco again soon on this as well?

Thanks to all!
    We don't know what the new programs will be.

The residuals and MF's are real world numbers. The days of really cheap leases are over I'm afraid.

Right now, there are no plans for another costco deal anytime soon.
    If there is going to be another one, it won't happen until summertime.
  • Hello,
    I'm selling my 06 Audi Avant to make room for my growing family. I've decided to lease an XC90 because I don't want to commit long term to a non-hybrid SUV. I want leather, heated seats, and a third row. I don't care about the rest. Here's the deal I've been offered (not impressed, especially because it's for 48 not 36 months):
    2009 XC90 LEASE SPECIAL
    > 3 years / 36000 miles free maintenance
    > All Wheel Drive
    > Metallic paint
    > Climate
    > Premium
    > Versatility
    > Hands free Bluetooth
    > Wood steering wheel
    > Retail price $ 44895.00
    > 48 months lease, 12000 miles per year for $539.63 per months.
    > $2500.00 cap cost (includes first month payment & owner loyalty) plus applicable taxes and tag fee. Residual value at the end $13468.00.

Please give me your feedback. I'm new to SUVs and new to leasing. I have a new baby, so I don't want to waste a lot of time negotiating, but I want the best deal.
    Thanks so much!
  • Car man,

Do have the lease terms for February on the XC90? Thanks.

Tim
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Residuals have tanked dramatically on SUVs, so I might say that your deal is fair.

$13468.00 residual is just horrible. I will be buying this one 4 years from now.
  • Just signed on an XC90 lease. I think I got a pretty good deal, here are the numbers

3.2 AWD, Climate, versatility, Premium, Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, metallic paint
    12,000 Miles
    3 Years
    $1450 Down (7% NJ tax rolled into payments)
    $606 per month
    No Volvo loyalty applied to final numbers

If I didn't roll taxes in, it would have been 557 per month with 2800 Down
  • Congrats speck37!
    Looks pretty good. Would you mind sharing the dealer contact info, as I'm in NYC and XC90 is one of my choices.
    Thanks.
  • My 2006 XC90 V8 AWD is coming off lease this month. Volvo Finance has lowered the buyout (residual) from $31,600 to $23,000.

The local dealer says my out-the-door cost will be $23,000 plus tax and a dealer fee of $499.

I know that I have to pay tax... but what about this dealer fee? I could not find it anywhere on my original lease contract with Volvo Finance.

Is this fee legit or a negotiable item?

Thank you!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,285
    Well, who are you buying from? If you are using the dealer to negotiate the lease, then I guess they can charge you. If you deal with volvo Finance direct, however, you owe what the contract states.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Well I assume the lease buyout is from Volvo Finance...

FWIW, I called other Volvo dealers here in Georgia and apparently they all charge a dealer fee on a lease buyout. This fee is supposedly for doing all of the "paperwork" involved in the ownership transfer (yeah right).
  • If the dealer fee was not disclosed before hand, I don't see why you are obligated to pay them. How about paying Volvo Finance directly? When I was inquiring about lease-end with another car, I had the impression I could just pay the financing company directly, although I opted to return the car eventually.
  • Car_man,

Can you please post the Volvo XC90 lease numbers for Feb 2009 and any known incentives?

I'm looking at a 2009 3.2 AWD with Climate, Convenience, Versatility, & Premium pkgs.

And want to know money factors and residuals on 36 month, & 48 month, 15K/yr mileage leases.

Thanks!!!
    In most states Volvo Finance isn't set up to deal directly with the public, so the dealer has to do it.
    There is nothing in this for the dealer, so you do have to pay for the dealers time.
    Nobody wants to work for free. Especially these days.
    If $500 is going to break you buying out your lease, don't buy the car. Return it and buy something else.
  • If $500 is going to break you buying out your lease, don't buy the car. Return it and buy something else

Whether or not I can afford to pay $500 for the dealer fee is irrelevant. My only question was if this was a legitimate fee since it was not shown on ANY of my lease agreement contracts. Since it appears to be legitimate, I'll pay it.

Don't get me wrong, I want the dealers to make enough money to stay in business, but I'll be damned if it's going to be from "paint protection", pinstripe, and nonsense "market adjustment" schemes (or made-up dealer "fees").

Lastly, I don't appreciate the sneering tone of your reply.
  • fantomfantom Posts: 211
    I hope I get a buyout deal that lowers my residual $8,600 this December.

While everything is negotiable, I suspect the dealership will be firm, make some profit (not a bad word), and if you buy it, you'll get an unexpected great deal.

Enjoy!
    Lastly, I don't appreciate the sneering tone of your reply.

chill, dude. internet posts can't really have a "tone." I read vmax's reply as being very matter-of-factly. I don't believe any offense was intended.

• Any thoughts on the following lease deal?

$475 ,monthly lease on a VC90 with $3800 down (includes bank fee), 36 month lease, 15k miles. Features: navigation, premium seating, climate.

Just came to me and was hoping for a quick reaction. Thanks for the help.
  • A few questions about your deal:

1) Is the $475 the complete monthly payment ("out the door") or do you still need to add tax?
    2) Does the $3800 include First/Last month payment, Security Deposit, Registration, etc?

If $475 is the total payment and there is no "Cap Cost Reduction" in your downpayment then i would say it's ok.
    v6 or v8? fwd or awd? 3rd row? msrp? cap cost? money factor?

• Thanks all.

Car model facts: v6, awd, 3rd row, MSRP = $48k
    Terms: Tax not included -- it's on the top unfortunately. No security deposit.
  • Hi Tim. Volvo enhanced its lease program on the XC90 for the month of February. This move is not really all that surprising given the fact that Volvo sales were down something like sixty something last month and are tracking even worse than that thus far in February. I'm afraid that the Volvo brand, despite its good products, is a dead man walking. I would be shocked if Ford didn't eventually sell it.

Volvo Finance's lease program for the XC90 varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of an '09 XC90 3.2 AWD 7 Passenger with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the aforementioned vehicle and terms are .00188 and 39%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that Volvo is currently providing on it.

If you opt to lease your XC90 through a bank other than Volvo Finance, you can take advantage of an additional $6,000 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Congratulations on getting your new XC90, speck37. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com as well to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi zombieman. You're in luck, Volvo enhanced its lease program on the 2009 XC90 for February. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 XC90 3.2 AWD 7 Passenger with 15,000 miles per year are .00188 and 39%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00245 and 31%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that it currently available on it.

If you choose to lease it through a bank other than Volvo Finance, you are eligible for an additional $6,000 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car-Man...Is the $1500 cash incentive you mention the $1,553 stimulus incentive they have going or is that an additional $1500?

I have deal on the table for an 09 Volvo XC90 3.2AWD at $500 below invoice before the $6k lease incentive and $1,533 stimulus incentive. How low below invoice should I expect the dealer to go before rebates/incentives?

Thanks!
  • I just signed on a lease for a XC90 in jersey
    3.2 AWD Climate, Premium, bluetooth its 5 seats not 7
    12000 miles a year
    36 months
    2550 down
    529 a month taxes and all included
    MSRP was 41390 took just over 10k off the MSRP

I thought it was a fair deal was I right or should I have looked to get it less?
  • I am looking for the best deal on a lease in Southern California on a XC90 V6 or V8.

I current own 2 Volvo's; V70 2.5T and V50 T5. The V70 is coming up on the end of it's lease in May 09.

I want a 3 year deal with 12,000 miles a year.

Feedback would be appreciated.
  • Read that Volvo Finance was willing to reduce the buyout from $31,600 down to $23,000 from an earier post, and Car_Man's comment on the current Volvo sales conditions, I went to check out our 05' XC90 2.5 AWD 3rd seat resale value.

Whole sale is about $14K high, and that was for an SUV at about $38K (final cap cost) just 3.5 years ago with 55K miles.

Our end of lease purchase option is around $20k 6 months from now, seriously considering dumping Volvo for something else.
This discussion has been closed.