Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• zamozamo Posts: 120
    They were always free, for the dealer. It was never published though. How do you think they leased so well in the past?
  • binsky33binsky33 Posts: 9
    Hi All,

Way back at Message #837 I did a 2 year lease for an 2008 XC90. I am in the last 90 days of the lease. I want to keep the car and only have 18k on the odometer.

The lease is through Volvo Finance. The original buy-out is $30,373. I believe I need to go through a dealer not directly with Volvo finance.

I have seen offers in the past for nearly $5,000 below the original buy-out.

Is this still the case or has the residual market changed?

I also would like to convert to a CPO (Cert pre-owned) car with Volvo. Does this cost extra too or part of the deal of closing out the lease?

Does it pay to try different Volvo dealers to get a better deal?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Actually, the XC90 went a couple of years without any real incentives.
    Car came out in 03,and it wasn't until 06 that Volvo had to get creative.
    Yes, you will have to go through a dealer. VFNA sets the number,not the dealer. So, going to a bunch of dealers is pointless. CPO costs extra. Partly it will depend on what the car needs to pass the inspection. Dealer won't just rubber stamp it.
    Prices have been going up at auctions all over the country,So I don't know that you will see a $5000 price adjustment. Should be able to get a couple grand,plus the cost of CPO.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Any idea why prices have gone up on auctions? I spotted a 2 year old S80 with sport package and 18K miles for $19K 2 months ago, now they are not even going bellow $22K. Is there a higher demand of used cars lately?
    Just like a stock, the cars value was oversold. It just got too cheap too fast.
    Market is correcting itself now. Generally speaking during recessionary times used car sales go up. People who need cars are less comfortable spending NC money. With Volvo's(and other lux brands) CPO program buying used can be very beneficial.
  • fyddychfyddych Posts: 1
    Others have posted about this, but I haven't seen anyone respond with a definitive answer. What are the current incentives offered by Volvo on the 2009 XC90. I've seen these :

$3750 Dealer Incentive (is this for 5 pass. only? or both 5 and 7 pass.?)
    $5000 Lease incentive for outside financing
    $1500 Volvo Loyalty
    $1500 NEA discount

Any other incentives available? Are these incentives stackable? Does this mean that you can lease a car, be a prior customer, and a teacher, and start negotiations with $11,750 lopped off immediately?

Thanks for some real clarification.
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Posts: 51
    Don't forget about the discout off of msrp, which could be another 4,000.
  • When you say price adjustment, do you mean that VFNA will negotiate on the residual value? I was told that they have a insurance policy that protects them if the car sells at auction for less than the residual. In other words, VFNA doesn't have any incentive to negotiate the buy out. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Does Edmunds show the 3.2 version listed twice in it's new car pricing section, with two very different prices for the same equipment depending on which line item you select? Is one the five passenger, and one the seven passenger?

Also, does the "what others are paying" price include the incentives which are shown under the "view" screen?

Thanks. Confusing.
  • OK, I'm looking at a 2009 XC90 R-Design (love the uniqueness) MSRP = $46,033
    My local dealer is telling me a few things that I would like verification on…
    1) The 3 Yr. residual is only 34%
    2) US Bank is the only bank leasing Volvos
    3) The best money factor I can get with a 750+ credit score is .00230
    Is this all true, is it really that bad??? I can’t believe that they feel this vehicle will only be worth $15,651 in 3 years.
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Just found out tonight that my local guy is out of 2009s. Has the 2010 in stock but no info on programs until August. As far as he knows the scheduled maint that's included will be for 30k miles, no wear and tear, standard 4 year warranty.
    Don't forget about the discout off of msrp, which could be another 4,000.

Avg markup is a lot closer to $2000
    Programs due next week.
    Yep,thats pretty much what is going on.
    US Bank is the only company doing leasing at the moment.
    The $3750 is only on the 5 seaters. The 7 seaters start off w/ free Premium and Versatility pkgs. 7 seater has a $500 incentive.
    Yes,the incentives are stackable.
  • Why is the residual so bad?????? That vehical will easly be worth over $20K in three years.
  • fluid15fluid15 Posts: 60
    My 2007 had a 2 yr residual of 72%. Wow, how times change ...
  • My 2008 has a 72% residual also. Which makes the value today at a little over $28K. And they hit it right on the money, because if you look at the used, low milage (under 20K) 2008s for sale right now they are all in the $28K range. That's why I cannot belive it has dropped to 36%
    Because the banks all lost money on SUV's over the last year.
This discussion has been closed.