Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• The terms and conditions seem to indicate as long as you are a US resident and a AAA member, bought the Volvo at a US dealer of your choice before 01/02/06, you qualify for the rebate, though the form header is CSAA so they could limit the recepient to CSAA members and the 6-month membership. You have 60 days from the date of purchase/lease to claim the rebate.
  • ursusursus Posts: 48
    Does 59% residual/MF .00307/10K miles through Volvo Finance or 54% residual/MF .0028/12K miles through Chase sound right? Dealer told me there is $3,000 cash back from Chase. The residual seems to be low and MF is definetely high. On my current XC70 residual was 59% (in 2003) for 36 month lease and MF was around .0016. Should I wait for 2007 model and get a better deal? Will the residual be higher on 2007 model if leased in the fall? I will be going with the X-plan, but still want more off the invoice. There are no incentives available now. Are there?

Thanks.
  • Anyone know the current money factor and residual value on a 2006 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD in MI? Thanks.
  • cooperdcooperd Posts: 1
    I am in early negotiating stages with a dealer and have been offered the following numbers below. I was wondering if these numbers look good about right? In particular, I am wondering what if any areas I could likely get them to come down on, i.e. money factor, residual, etc.? Thank you in advance for your advice.

2006 XC90 2.5L Black exterior and taupe leather interior with the premium and versatility packages.

-$482 plus tax for 36 mths 15000 a year.
    -$1000 total out of pocket( not down total ):
    The $1000 due at signing is for first payment, which includes 1st month , tags, state and local fees, tire battery and lemon law. (Came to $1,200 but came down to $1,000.)
    -The residual is 51% or $21675;
    -The $$$ factor is .00201.
  • pfxcpfxc Posts: 2
    CarMan,
    Is this a good lease?

2006 XC90
    AWD, Prem, 3rd row seats, Nav, vers pkg, wood steer wheel
    36/12K yr.
    Sticker $42,650
    $39,850 cap cost
    $4000 trade in value
    $0 other down
    $1000 DOD
    US Bank .0019 MF
    Residual 51%

Thanks in advance.
  • pfxcpfxc Posts: 2
    CarMan,
    Is this a good lease?

2006 XC90
    AWD, Prem, 3rd row seats, Nav, vers pkg, wood steer wheel
    36/12K yr.
    Sticker $42,650
    $39,850 cap cost
    $4000 trade in value
    $0 other down
    $1000 DOD
    US Bank .0023 MF
    Residual 52%

$473.00 + tax

Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi sestesod. This vehicle's lease money factor and residual value vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year, let me know if you want something different. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease an '06 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD through Volvo Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00309 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi cooperd. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this lease if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pfxc. I believe that the XC90 that you described in your post has a spread of a little over $3,400 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Volvo is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on '06 XC90 AWD 5-Passenger and $3,500 on '06 XC90 7-Passenger models that are leased through independent banks, like the one that you mentioned. This gives a total profit margin of around $6,500 to $7,000 on this vehicle right now. You are only being given a discount of $2,800. As you can see, I think that you still have some room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcat707jcat707 Posts: 168
    I remember sometime last time year Volvo was pushing leases through U.S. Bank. Now I see they are supporting leases through independent banks. Is there any reason why Volvo doesn't like to finance XC90s?
  • Brand new to the lease world. Considering leasing:
    2006 XC90 2.5T AWD (7 Pass) w/Climate,Vers,Conv,Premium
    MSRP 45,825.00
    Cap Cost: 38980
    48 mo/12k yr
    US Bank .00185
    Residual .43
    We have a $3,500 left on a note on a minivan and they will pay that off for us.
    What do you think?? Incentives end 4/3 and need to decide asap. Thanx much for your help!!
  • gdclnfngdclnfn Posts: 3
    ldriscoll brings up a good point...do incentives ever end...or do new ones just come out? I can't see how the price of the exact vehicle can increase from one day to the next.
  • Carman - was wondering if you had the new money factors and residuals for a Volvo XC-90 V8 for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • klockboyklockboy Posts: 26
    Hello:

I do not know if the forum allows posts on Getting out of Leases, however I will give some preliminary information and maybe Carman will let me know if it is OK.

I am in a XC90 V-8 lease and I need to get out due to some financial issues.

The SUV has approx. 9000 miles and is in exc-mint condition. The lease is through US Bank and they allow transfer of lease if you have excellent credit.

It is located in the NW Suburbs of Philadelphia.

The lease price I negotiated for a V-8 is the lowest I have seen advertised - I am paying $488/month x 9% Sales Tax for a total of $531.

If this is allowed by the rules of the forum and if someone shows interest, then I will post my personal e-mail and start a dialogue.

If you are seriously considering this vehicle I truly would not pass up this opportunity - this is a Great Vehicle!

Thanks...
    Hi gdclnfn. Incentives on vehicles rarely just disappear. In fact, generally speaking they usually increase as the model year progresses. Dealers often try to create a false sense of urgency to get buyers to buy vehicles "before the current specials expire." This is usually nothing more than a sales tactic because the new program is often better than the one that it replaces.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings joegolfer1. I hope that you are enjoying the Masters this weekend. If you were to lease a 2006 Volvo XC90 V8 through Volvo Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00169 and 57%, respectively in most areas. You may find that you are actually able to get a better deal on this truck by taking advantage of the $5,000 incentive that Volvo is providing for leases of this model through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi klockboy. Unfortunately, Edmunds.com does not currently allow community members to advertise their vehicles in its forums. There are sites out there like SwapALease.com that allow consumers to advertise vehicles that they want to have someone else take over.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am interested in leasing a XC90 2.5T and am somewhat confused as to what incventives are currently available. Edmunds lists $3500 dealer cash as available with no restrictions, and I have seens Forum posts that indicate $5000 available for leases through independent banks. Can someone help clear things up as to which of these currently applies?

Thanks
  • ruoffruoff Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease the XC90 V8 AWD detailed below (3 yr 36,000 miles, in Westchester County, NY). Can you give me an idea of what I should be paying? Thanks.

MSRP $46,400
    Added Options $3,320
    Destination Fee $695
    Total MSRP $50,415
    Magic Blue Metallic $475
    17" x 7" Anteaus Alloy Wheels with 235/65/R17 Tires N/C
    Graphite Leather Seating Surfaces N/C
    Climate Package
    ·Heated Front Seats
    ·Headlamp Washers
    $675
    Interior Air Quality System (IAQS) $175
    Dual Screen Rear Seat Entertainment System $1,995
  • amg61amg61 Posts: 15
    Does anyone have the current money factor and residual values for the XC90 2.5T for 36 months, 12 and 15K miles. Thanks.

Also, is there truth to the fact that there are $3500 incentives and possibly $5000 off for leasing through independent banks and what does that mean?? It appears also that the money factors and residuals are different for Volvo leasing and independent banks. Is this so?
    And are these incentives for leasing, purchasing, V8, 2.5T??.
    Also, I read about some lease deal on the Purchasing forum that mentioned $369/month with $1800 down and 12K miles. Not sure how many months. Any valididty to ALL this?

Thanks.
  • mistrymistry Posts: 5
    I'm looking into 2005 Volvo 2.5T

Metallic
    AWD
    Premium
    Versatility
    Climate
    Convenience
    RSE

MSRP(inc Dest) = $48,080

36 Month: 12k mile/yr

No money down!!!

I read that the MF was = .00369
    (according to bimmer.org/financing forums - BTW great place for Money Factor and Residuals)

I was at the dealership this week and a Volvo MF is now .00128 and Residual is 56%.

MSRP / CAP / MF /Months/TaxNJ/Payment

48080/44500/.00128/ 36 / 6% /614

Not bad, but you get no big $5000 incentive.

The big incentive is on another bank lease. The guy showed me his "Book".

Here's my offer he gave me.

***This one is 39 Month***

$1716 out of Pocket (break down below)
    795 aquisition
    386 TTL(Tax Title Licence Registration)
    7.50 Some Tire Fee
    527 First Month

***** $527 per month *******

If I do not get metallic paint(black or white), drop another $12 off the monthly

He actually quoted me about $44/mo more on monday and 2 days later he called me
    with a better deal over the phone.
    "Hi, I was crunching some numbers and this I what I can do for you......"

Bluetooth was free according to him last month. Now it is $375

***Also after 25,000 miles they give you a free set of tires as long as you bring the maintenance to them.
    I read on other forum that the tire get worn quick.

I hope this helps.

Please reply with your thoughts and post some of your leases too.
  • mistrymistry Posts: 5
    SORRY I MEANT 2006. Small error in my large post
  • ajp00ajp00 Posts: 17
    Car_man,

Have they even announced the pricing on the '07 V6 yet? If not, when will we be able to get numbers on that? Thanks
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    First, its an I6 not a V6.
    Specs are out now, except for EPA mileage.
    Prices should be out in July.
  • ursusursus Posts: 48
    No, the prices will be out at the end of May and XC90 3.2 can be ordered then. This is according to my Volvo dealer.
  • ruoffruoff Posts: 4
    Received the initial quote of $553 per month with $3,483 (in tax and fees)to lease the 2006 XC90 V8 AWD detailed below (3 yr 36,000 miles). I was told they were discounting the Total MSRP by +-$2,000. My sales tax rate is 7.375%. Should I be getting a better deal?

MSRP $46,400
    Added Options $3,320
    Destination Fee $695
    Total MSRP $50,415
    Magic Blue Metallic $475
    17" x 7" Anteaus Alloy Wheels with 235/65/R17 Tires N/C
    Graphite Leather Seating Surfaces N/C
    Climate Package
    ·Heated Front Seats
    ·Headlamp Washers
    $675
    Interior Air Quality System (IAQS) $175
    Dual Screen Rear Seat Entertainment System $1,995
  • vhawaiivhawaii Posts: 2
    I purchased a Volvo XC-90 on the European package and looking to purchase a 2007 model. Will Volvo lease this?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Yes, but you have to use the Standard money factors and residuals.
    Greetings worcester1. The $3,500 dealer cash that Volvo is currently providing on the 2006 XC90 is not compatible with leases of it through Volvo Finance. Volvo is not currently providing any cash incentives on this model that are compatible with Volvo Finance's special lease program. For leases through independent banks, Volvo is providing a cash incentive of $4,500 to $5,500 on the '06 XC90. The exact amount of this incentive varies depending upon how the vehicle that you want is equipped. If you provide me with a detailed description of the XC90 that you want, including details like whether it is 2WD or AWD, whether it is a 5-Passenger or 7-Passenger model, etc. I can tell you the exact amount that is available on the model you are considering.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ruoff. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment would be on a lease of this truck through Volvo Finance for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price for it. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for the XC90 that you want right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volvo XC90: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.