Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• The dealer says it comes from the oils on your fingers and they will not do anything about it.
  • Nice! I've not seen that happen on other vehicles I've owned. Sounds like a manufacturing problem. I hope they've solved it or have a new button-making company now. Can the buttons be replaced or removed and painted or something? It just looks so cheap. I've read about others' complaints about cheap materials used in those interiors, but I'm going to try and trust the Chevy name. The car looks and runs great otherwise, and I've also read positive opinions about it generally.

Thanks.

Anyone else have an opinion?
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,522
    I have an 02 and the steering wheel and radio buttons look just like they did the day I bought it. Maybe I have dry skin?
  • I don't know. Its wierd. How do you like your '02 TB overall?
    Ours has been fine. We have about 72K on it and haven't had any real problems. It's was in the shop for minor warranty items and a couple of recalls. I have had to replace the rear shocks since one of them started to leak hydraulic fluid, plus replace the tires. Early on I replaced the factory rear sway bar with the Hotchkiss heavy duty one to minimize the sway that a lot of people complained about, that did the trick. The brakes are original and still have plenty of lining left. They're probably the best brakes overall that I have ever experienced. The rear suspension is sprung kind of soft in the back, but I understand it was on purpose so the ride isn't hard like a truck. When you put some load on the back like towing a trailer it firms right up.
    Don't break that tailgate glass however, someone broke ours and the bill to the insurance company was over $2,000 to replace it, and only about $100 was labor.
  • reidsreids Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Trailblazer ltz. When I drive vehicle in reverse, or if i make a turn when driving slow or when I come to a stop theres a load "clunking" noise coming from the rear end. My original thought is the rear diff, so I replaced the rear differential oil and theres no metal shards in the old stuff. After adding the new oil it still makes the noise. Now heres the other thing too. I wasn't able to get the fill plug out to "properly" fill the rear diff. so I had to force the oil into the top of the cover. It worked and theres no leaks (if been monitoring it for a week now) but the issue is I can't measure to see if I have enough fluid in it. I put almost 2 pints (jugs) of oil in it. Could that be the issue? of is there something else? This noise only is heard when driving slow (turns, reverse of stopping)
  • I have had a misfire cylinder one and a compression of 90 with it draining off. I already know that I need a new motor. Here's the real kicker, my TB only has 49761 miles on it. I have no extra warranty on it. Everyone is telling me to contact GM about their good faith warranty has anyone had a similar problem.? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I have a :lemon:
  • i have the same sound...

ive looked for other problems similar to this one...

and everyone says they get a whining sound. but... the grinding sound and the air releasing is exactly how i would have explained it.

did you fix it by any chance??

my dad thinks i need to get a new muffler.. but i dont know if thats gonna help

but it is coming from the back.. back right... :/

mujotagani@hotmail.com

email me if you can help me out. thanks a lot :confuse: :confuse:
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    email me if you can help me out

It's best to keep the discussion right here. To do otherwise deprives other members of valuable information and tends to defeat the purpose of a Forum. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • ticadooticadoo Posts: 40
    Wasn't sure where to post this so..here it is. I have a "spoiler" over top of my rear gate on my 2003 Trailblazer, EXT. One morning after it had snowed (melted ice/snow must have re-frozen)..I forced the gate up to load trash..heard a "crunching noise" and now when I am going down the road and wind blows a certain way or I get up to 60 mph, it makes the worst noise..can't even here another person talk. What do I look at to fix? How do I fix???
    When you say "spoiler" do you mean the plastic trim piece on top of the gate, the piece with the third stoplight built in?
    Yes, that is it! I had somebody stop me this morning and tell me they thought it was going to come off...looks like maybe bolt is broke?
    I read somewhere else that there was a technical service bulletin for the same problem that I'm having with my rear gate/plastic piece. Anybody know the number? Haven't been able to find it.
    I found a TSB # 060866011. Summary, "rear liftgate binds, improper fit, may be caused by broken welds or cracks formed around the two inner welds." NHTSA Campaign ID 10020523. Anybody have any luck with this?
    :lemon:
    Early on people posted about how this could get broken easy if ice/snow built up around and under it and then became trapped when you open or close it. I don't know of any way to easily repair it other than replacing it (if it's broken), which is an expensive option if I remember right.
    Thanks, but not good news. Local Chevy dealer closed; now must drive an hour, one way. I'm sure too expensive for me to fix anyway. What will happen if it comes off? (Sorry, I am a single mother)
  • justme918justme918 Posts: 3
    I have an 05 Chevy Trailblazer, I enjoy my truck, but since she has hit 75,000 miles she stalls at every stop. There are freak times that she happens to stay on, but very few and far an in between. I've taken her to my mechanic who put in a new clutch fan, and she still stalls, so he recommended I take her to a chevy dealer. They put in an 02 censor, 350. later and she is still stalling. My throttle body looks great, but I had it cleaned any way, did the whole sea foam deal. Still stalling. The Chevy dealers told me to just keep driving her untill she won't start again. That's not exactly the answer I was looking for. lol. The crazy thing is, all diognostics come back clear, no check engine lights or anything. I am running out of idea's. Does anyone else have any idea's?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Wild guess - perhaps your alternator isn't generating enough electricity at low rpm?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • I also have an 05 TB and I had the head redone due to burnt exhaust valves and mine didn't even have 50,000 miles on it. Cheap chinese parts. I was getting misfire on cylinder one. After the head was redone. The TB ran fine until you drove it for about 20 miles then after every stop you made it would die. I had to two foot drive to keep it running. Well come to find out the computer needed to be reprogrammed by the dealership and it still works but, when I drive it for a while and shut it off I have to push the gas pedal to start the TB. I still don't know where the problem is with the TB, but at least it runs.

You may just need to take it to the dealership and have them look at it since it could be a programming problem.
    I've had that done too. No go. I took it to the dealer, they have no idea either. They suggested I replace the throttle body, I've had 3 other mechanics look at it and they all say it's working as it should.
    I had one guy say he thought it was the catalytic converter, but I can't get that tested unless the "check engine" light is on.
    The dealers are the one's that suggested I drive her till she won't start again. Not very insightful. lol
  • graydog59graydog59 Posts: 5
    Sounds like a Mass Airflow Sensor problem.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed...I took my 03 Trailblazer to a local body shop and they were able to glue/use double tape to secure molding. Let's hope it works. Only cost $40.00
    I have replaced the throttle body, and of course, she still stalls. I am at a loss. I have no idea what's wrong with this stupid truck. Is there anyone else that is having this problem? Let's group up and force them to do a recall.
  • I am still have problems with my TB not wanting to idle after it is driven for a little while, The Check Engine light is not on and when you stop it dies every time. The only way to keep it running is if you two foot drive. Then other times it doesn't do it at all. I am at lose. I really hate this thing and wish i had never set eyes on it. My dad said it was because I was running my air conditioning. That has nothing to do with it. I have had at his shop, and a dealership, No one seems to know what the problem is. If anyone has a similar problem or knows what is wrong with it PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  • fastfred4fastfred4 Posts: 3
    Mine was doing the same thing.
    They did something to the AC relay.
    Works fine now !! :)
  • jae3413jae3413 Posts: 1
    I purchased a '02 TB about 4 months ago. It has 80,000 miles on it now. I noticed after driving it for a little while that it was pretty noisy on bumpy roads. I had it checked out (thought needed new shocks or something) and they couldn't find anything that needed to be replaced. I really do like it but last week out of nowhere when I go to turn right my horn honks. My battery has died and been replaced and just this morning the service engine soon light and reduced engine power light came on and my car would go but only about 10mph (maybe). I know that it could be a number of things due to reading through everyone elses posts but any ideas or has this been happening to others?
  • so what ever happened with the fuel guage prob
  • ive seen other replys about same prob,my question is the dealership says they dont carry a fuel sending repair kit,but only a fuel sensor replacement for around 140.00.is this the same.because my guage is doing the same as others bounce then goes to mt.plus i was wondering if this same sensor also triggers the check engine light.any help or comments are appreciated.thanks
  • what was that part number by chance if you still got it.my dealer in missouri says they carry a sensor for around 140.00.is that maybe what your mechanic replaced.even if you could pass along your mechanics # or let me know in any way what the part was it would be greatly appreciated.thanks
  • The past year, my 03 has been guzzling gas. Can drop 1/8 tank driving to and from work, total of approx 10 miles. Also, there has been a terrible smell of raw gas inside the vehicle while driving. No gas spots on the ground, been checked for vapor leaks...no leaks... what's the problem? ">