Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

1161718192022»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,287
    That's a real good guess...or alternator bearing.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• 03 Trailblazer the headlight will come on at any time day or night and run battery down.
  • Hello all! I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4 inline 6, 101,000 miles, I do not drive this vehicle much anymore due to gas prices! Its always had the common "A/C not blowing very cold air at idle and stop and go but works fine at highway speeds", however, I recently drove it and needed to turn a/c on, only ambient air coming out in auto mode or manual, blower would kick up to high in auto but just ambient air temps coming out (later realized the compressor isnt kicking on either). That night on return home it was cold outside so I turned heat on, still ambient air temps! So in a nutshell, everything seems to work fine, ie: auto mode selected, blower motor goes up and down depending on level of heat or ac selected and what it perceives as being needed to heat or cool inside, manual mode operates normally except as stated it only blows ambient temp air. Mode selector works fine in that I can switch between floor vents, dash vents, combo of the two, defrost, rear controls work to change blower speeds for back but still no temp difference. ANY help would be appreciated!! I've read a lot of threads on similar items but always points to blower not operating correctly, my blower works fine. And havent seen any threads that address BOTH heat and a/c not working.
  • mbilas1mbilas1 Posts: 1
    I have owned 3 trailblazers, 04, 06 and now and 07. On every model that I have owned in colder weather (neve happens in the summer months) when I start up the car the Stabilitrack light and ABS light come on. If I turn off the engine and then restart, the lights dont come back on. It only happens when the colder weather is around. Happened with all 3 cars which suggest something of a common problem. any advise?
  • Outside vent and center vent on driver side blowing cold air. Outside vent and center vent on passenger side blowing hot air. Also back seat vents blowing hot. What could be causing this
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,297
    If you were recently denied auto warranty coverage for a surprising reason, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2013 to tell your story to a reporter.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I hit a 300lb mule deer with the whole front end of my 2004 trailblazer. Half of the deer went over the truck the other half went under the truck. Depressing the whole front end about 1 foot. I struck this at 70 miles an hour. With all the damages done the air bags should have deployed and they did not. GM stated that with this vehicle you have to deploy the brakes 1/20th of a second prior to impact for the air bags to deploy. I believe that this is a bunch of hog wash. Brakes have nothing to do with the air bag sensors.
    Hope you weren't hurt!

You may want to let the NHTSA know - the link is at the top of the discussion header.

• burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I don't think, even at that speed, that hitting that amount of weight would trigger the air bag sensor. The impact wouldn't be that severe.
    You may be right. I'm a bit sensitive to this issue since there's so many deer up where I live it's just a matter of time before I hit one. And last week a woman hit a moose and was killed up in AK where I used to live; no indication of air bag deployment in the story. But I've seen at least one forum post elsewhere where someone hit a deer at 55 and the airbags deployed.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,863
    I have to agree.... an airbag deployment usually only happens when there are extraordinary forces in play.... as in something that will actually slow the vehicle speed when hitting it.. (a building... another vehicle, etc..)

Now, if you told me you hit a deer, and that your head bounced off the windshield and the airbags never deployed... then, I would guess there is a problem...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs