Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• doug55doug55 Posts: 2
    What is the easiest way to get to the right side marker lamp on a 2004 Trailblazer to replace it.
  • having problem with switch selector,sometimes nothing out of dash vents,then when i turn switch to another mode,say floor vent,i get a steady click noise inside dash,could this be the actuator module,blower settings work fine. any help would be appreciated.thanks woody
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,521
    There was a TSB out for the "mode door actuator" which would make the kind of noise you describe. The only repair was to replace the actuator. I had it done a long time ago but it never really effected the operation of the vents for me, but it may be worse in your case. For me it was only occasional and only a few clicks.
  • thanks for the info. I changed the control module seems to have worked,just a small click every now and then vents workin ok for now.i will keep an eye on actuato thaks wwody
  • did gm cover the mode door actuato after the warranty on tsb.thanks woody
    It was covered under my extended GMPP after the factory warranty expired.
  • would you happen to know where the actuator is located on your trailblazer.thanks
  • brinakbrinak Posts: 2
    I have an 02 Trailblazer and have had no problems until recently. I was driving on the highway last week with the cruise set on 65 and suddenly the vehicle lost acceleration. The "Service Engine Soon" light was on, but had been off and back on over the course of several days. When I mashed the gas pedal, nothing happened. I pulled over and came to a complete stop, mashed the gas pedal and the vehicle accelerated. I drove about a mile up the road and the same thing happened. I pulled over again and same story. I put the vehicle in 3rd gear and drove about 45 MPH and got the vehicle to the shop. They hooked it up to the diagnostic machine and replaced the MAP sensor and reset the "Service Engine" light. Then next day, the same loss of acceleration happened again but there was no fault light on. I took it back to the shop and they got no faults on the diagnostice check, but eventually determined the MAP sensor they put in was faulty. They replaced the sensor and it drove fine. Now, 3 days later, the exact same thing has happened again and none of the idiot lights are on. Has anyone had anything like this happen?
  • jntjnt Posts: 316
    On the problem of radio losing the clock: it is indicative that battery power to the radio got disrupted by some reason (Aftermarket rewiring? or the control module that controls 12V to radio somehow cycles it on or off incorrectly). When radio loses its power, the clock will be resetted back to 12:00.

The Station Presets stay since this info is stored in Non Volatile memory (EEPROM) along with most if not all customizations. With older radio without the EEPROM, as soon as the radio loses its 12V power, everything (besides Time of Day) is lost

jt
  • rday2rday2 Posts: 1
    how do you repair a fan wobble on a 2005 trailblazer. i dont know if it is just an idler or what . thanks
  • My TB is a 05 and after I drive for a while the speedometer freezes and eventualy goes to zero. Is this in the cluster or in a sensor. If it is in the cluster can I just change it or will the mileage not stay the same
  • I would check for a sensor but more then likely its a problem within the cluster you can change the cluster and the mileage will remain the same
  • back blower is seperate from front,i had this problem and changed the ac/heat control module,fairley simple job,manuel will help but does not show all the bolts and screws you have to remove. cortrol module 200.00 plus at dealer.rock auto parts has it for about 138.00. ac delco has it for around 165.00
  • check by hand grab fan and see if you can wiggle it up,down sideways.could be water pump bearings,check bolts on fan for looseness
  • I just had my instrument cluster replaced because it was making a noise that sounded like air was escaping and a grinding noise. The grind is gone, but at start-up it still sounds like air is escaping from somewhere in the cluster. any ideas?
  • I bought an 06 Trailblazer and had my one year anniversary Dec 6th of 2008. It has been a NIGHTMARE since I bought it and the dealership won't buy it back. I was hoping there were similar issues that someone could suggest that I have them look at at the dealership, they are ready to total it so they don't have to look at it anymore, I didn't think that was a good solution. Here are a few of the issues:
    -Sounds and feels like driving on rumble strips at 45-70mph LOUDLY.
    -Tranny intermitant shifting problems
    -Mild intermitant vibration at 35-70 mph in gas pedal
    -Diminished Eng Capacity Light comes on and off
    - Intermitant 12mph max speed
    -Speed/Power cuts out randomly (no more acceleration regardless of gas pedal pressure)
    -Trac light intermitantly on
    -Check engine light intermitatly on
    -Clock auto resets itself occasionally
    -Intermitant power steering
    -Gas mpg drop to 10 if I'm lucky maybe up to 12mpg
    -CD randomly pops out on startup or shut down or while driving
    -Vehicle shakes and chugs worse than a disel pickup on start up occasionally
    -Cruise control sometimes quits on its own
    -Replaced transmission pump/ignition switch
    -Torque converter locking up (tech told me potential problem)
    -Starter sometimes has issues, turn key and nothing...no click, hard turnover, nothing then wait 10-15 seconds and without touching the ignition switch the truck starts.
    -Continually warping rotors
    -Clunk on occasion when shifting from "P" to "R" or "R" to "D"
    -After startup while idling sometimes there is a loud clunk from the passenger side sounds like someone is kicking the side of the truck
    -Windows intermitantly work powering up
    -Transmission "whistles" when rpm's going up to shift occasionally
    -Radio/CD sometimes just shuts off
    That's about all I can think of off the top of my head I have had it in the shop at least 50 times in the past year and they keep telling me their computer doesn't say anything.....last week it lit up like the 4th of July but they still couldn't figure out why all the problems. If anyone can help with ideas that would be great, I don't know what else to do. It is all still under warrenty thank goodness!!!
  • I have a 2002 trailblazer. When I apply the gas pedal it shifts ok. But when I get up to a good speed and release the gas pedal it doesn't shift down. What is the problem?
    I don't exactly understand your question. It you release the pedal it won't shift down right away while your coasting, it's based on speed, demand, load, many variables and controlled by the PCM. When you stop and start out again it shifts from first gear up through the entire range, right?
  • I own a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer, which I love. I love the way it looks, the way it drives, and the overall features it has. HOWEVER, it is a piece of crap. Last Friday, the speedometer malfunctioned like everyone elses, and then today I rolled my window down at the ATM and it wouldn't roll back up. Of course it was raining. If that isn't enough, of course my warranty just expired. The dealership says it is a well known issue, but GM isn't doing anything about it, and it would be a little over 1000 to get fixed. If GM knows this is a problem they need to step up to the plate. I want to buy American made, but if we can't stand behind the products we make then I am crossing over.
  • We own a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LS, 6 cylinder - inline, 4WD, that has about 45,000 miles on it. We live in the central/southern part of Nebraska. We are using 5W30 Quaker State Oil in it right now and are getting about 16 miles to the gallon. We change oil about every 3000 miles. We would like to get better gas mileage out of it. It was recommended to us that we first consider changing the type of oil we use from the regular oil to a synthetic oil. What are your comments on doing this? How much of an increase would there be in mpg? If we did change to a synthetic oil, what type of oil and oil filter would you recommend? What are the steps to follow in changing from regular oil to a synthetic oil? Are there other ways to improve the mpg on this vehicle other than just changing the type of oil we use?

deerhunter3