Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• njoycenjoyce Posts: 2
    I am looking at buying a used 2002 trailblazer lt with 111000 miles on it and I was wondering what are the routine maintainence things that need to be done with it? Please help me out. Thanks!
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    If there's not a maintenance/repair history for it I would stay away from it.
  • grettlgrettl Posts: 2
    Hi Karen S...

Unless your mechanically inclined, I would certainly get some help from a friend, knowledgable in that make and model or have an inspection by a professional. There are just too many "if's" when purchasing a vehicle with 111,000 on it. Very hard to say how it was maintained, if it was, or even when the last time the oil was changed. I would seek local help on that one..... good luck....
  • njoycenjoyce Posts: 2
    thanks for the advice. I will do that
  • renee76renee76 Posts: 2
    Last month, someone backed into my '02 TB, causing damage to front bumper cover & passenger headlight. I've gotten those repaired, however my bumper cover is noticeably looser on the passenger side than it is on the driver side. I was told that this is normal & all TB's are this way. I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem, or noticed if their cover is loose before really pitching a fit at the body shop! Thanks for any help....
    How is it looser? On the corner around where it ends near the wheel, or just looser overall?
  • renee76renee76 Posts: 2
    If you grab the bumper above the passenger tow hook & tug, the bumper is moveable about an inch. On the driver side, the bumper only moves slightly in the same area. It's not uniformly tight on both sides.
  • tms6tms6 Posts: 1
    My 2006 TB has been drivivng fine but when I set on the gas, it sounds really loud. The normal sound of the TB when stepping on the gas was quite but now it is getting louder. Someone told me to check the power steering fluid level, that was fine. The sound worries me, no warning lights are on. Does anyone know what the loudness could be from?
    That bumper cover is held on mostly by plastic fasteners. Maybe you can look up underneath and see if some are missing. Body shops don't always put them all back in, or put in the wrong size and they fall out. If I remember correctly the only bolts are on the top of the cover right under the grille, the rest are all plastic fasteners. There's a large hidden clip on each side that locks onto a post when the cover is slid on, that's why I asked if it was loose near the front wheel. There's also support bars underneath, but they too are held on with plastic fasteners.
    It would help if you described the sound. Is it a loud roaring fan noise?
  • farley1farley1 Posts: 1
    04 Blazer w/100K miles. I have lots of give/looseness in my steering wheel. Instead of being tight I have to oversteer constantly when driving straight ahead.
    Curious to the solution and is it something a home mechanic can take care of.
  • I am having the same problem. I have a 2005 trailblazer. For the whining I replaced the Smooth Idle pulley and the alternator. But I do not know what to do about the gas gauge. Chevy offers an additative for the gas tank. I added it yesterday but the light is still moving back and fourth. I really don't want to take it in and have them drop the gas tank. I am sure that is really expensive.
  • Thanks Madisonsmommy! I took it to my local Chevy dealer here in Dallas. The service advisor seemed to think the same thing. I also need to have the fuel sensor replaced. My gas gauge will not even move anymore, and when I fill up the engine light comes on and the engine seems to lose power. Go figure the warranty just ran out :(
  • garfield8garfield8 Posts: 1
    I just joined the Trailblazer forum. I happened to run accross your problem. By now you might have gotten it fixed or since have sold it. But, if you are still having the problem, you might want to have the transmission fliud flushed out. They can do it at any like 10 minute oil change or someplace like that. That's what it sounds like to me. Sounds more like the transmission's not shifting like it's supposed to in the lower gears. Hope that helps. :)
  • well, like it says, i've apparently blown the driver's side front speaker. i dont know what speakers are compatible with my trailblazer, or if i just need to get a new bose speaker from the dealer. i've checked ebay, and i find no bose speakers for a trailblazer except those from a 2006 ss trailblazer (which obviously wont work--they take four screws and mine only takes three).

is there really any difference in the bose speakers from the standard speakers? and does anyone know what models would be compatible with my trailblazer? i have no idea.

help me out guys.
  • Here's an interesting fact you might be interested in about the that driver side speaker in the 2002 TB. It may not be the speaker!

I've had a problem with that speaker going on and off for quite some time.

When it stays off I've noticed this additional sympton - all my indicator chimes won't work. The chime for the low gas level, chime for the turn signal staying on too long, and the chime for turning off the daylight headlamps.

The strangest part of this is that when the car sits long enough in the afternoon
    and the temperature in the car gets really hot the speaker come backs on.

So when the chimes all work the speaker works or vice versa.

I truly believe it's a control modlue issue not the speaker. Just have not had the time to get it resolved. You may want to check this out for yourself as well as see if anyone else has had this unusual problem.
  • I purchased a 2006 Trailblazer in Dec 07. No problems until just last week. Tried to start it...no sound, nothing. After a few times, it will sound as though it won't turn over...and eventually it will start. The next day, it stalled while I was driving...lost power steering, everything. No check engine light or anything on. Took it to the dealer...started right up for them for 3 DAYS!!! Got it back home and it was fine for four days. Now it's doing it again. There seems to be a delay before turning over, but won't start right up. After three or four times, and removing the key completely, it will start. Dealer says they cannot find the problem if there are no diagnostic lights on for them to check codes for.
  • I just my 2006 TB in the shop yesterday for the same thing. They replaced the idler pulley and the sound had gone away completely. Mine was under warranty still, so I have no idea of the cost but I can't imagine it was too much, they only had a little over an hour. Let me know if this helped!!!
  • I've had my '07 trailblazer for nearly a year now, and I've had no problems/accidents with it. It's still new, though something is wrong in my seat adjustments. After getting out to pump gas, my set reset itself. When I got in to change it back, my driver's seat is advanced forward as far as it can go, and refuses to move back. I can use the rest of the commands(ex; tilting the back or bed of the seat). Is there a setting locked that I failed to see or is this an issue I can't resolve on my own? Help me out if possible, thank you.
  • mrjames2mrjames2 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Trailblazer with the same problem need help!