Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• mc54952mc54952 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT 3rd row 4.2 Ltr V-6. I replaced the battery today and everything was fine before hand, but right after instalation of the new battery the driver side A/C blows weak and only hot air qall other vents blow cold. it has the dual climate control (manual not digital) and rear air. I have had this happen once before 3 years ago when I replaced the battery. There is a climate control reset sequence that fixed the problem last time and I can not find it online anymore. Does anyone know it??? :confuse: :mad:
  • The whine is getting louder and I noticed she is losing power. I am at about 47K. Just had the oil changed two months ago and OnStar says I am at 60% oil life.
  • after changing the battery the instrument cluster stopped working anyone know what would be the fix PLEASE HELP
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,648
    edited September 2011
    I'd check your battery ground strap for tightness and cleanliness; also see if you blew a fuse or a fusible link.
  • I'm having trouble with raw fuel dripping from the intake manifold on my 2003 chevy trailblazer. The problem pointed to the fuel pressure regulator, I purchase one/ install it problem solved. Now after one day it has begin to drip again. Any suggestion.
  • fj4072fj4072 Posts: 29
    Try to disconnect the battery again, for 30 minutes or so. Hook it back up and see if this clears it up.
  • wblawwblaw Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer, LTZ. I tried to unlock the car doors with the key fob, and the alarm went off. When I pressed the unlock button again, the alarm continued to go off. I then tried pressing the locked button but the alarm continued to go off. I then unlocked the car with the key and started the car up, but the alarm kept going off. I then called AAA and tried their suggestions. I put the key in the door lock and turned it back and forth for 10 times. I then put the key in the ignition and moved the key to the on position and let it sit there for 10 minutes. I even tried to change the security settings, through the dashboard icon. All the while, the alarm was going off. AAA even came and disconnected the battery, but the minute the battery was re-connected the alarm went off again.

Anyone have this problem? I am waiting to hear back from the dealer, but I would like to know myself what is wrong.
  • anigroanigro Posts: 1
    Did You ever find the sequence I have the same issue, Disconecting battery again didn't work :mad:
  • weiscatweiscat Posts: 1
    I have an 06 TB that also has a whine went I accelerate. Do you know what causes that?
  • Worn Idle Puley Belt
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,648
    That's a real good guess...or alternator bearing.
  • 03 Trailblazer the headlight will come on at any time day or night and run battery down.
  • Hello all! I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4 inline 6, 101,000 miles, I do not drive this vehicle much anymore due to gas prices! Its always had the common "A/C not blowing very cold air at idle and stop and go but works fine at highway speeds", however, I recently drove it and needed to turn a/c on, only ambient air coming out in auto mode or manual, blower would kick up to high in auto but just ambient air temps coming out (later realized the compressor isnt kicking on either). That night on return home it was cold outside so I turned heat on, still ambient air temps! So in a nutshell, everything seems to work fine, ie: auto mode selected, blower motor goes up and down depending on level of heat or ac selected and what it perceives as being needed to heat or cool inside, manual mode operates normally except as stated it only blows ambient temp air. Mode selector works fine in that I can switch between floor vents, dash vents, combo of the two, defrost, rear controls work to change blower speeds for back but still no temp difference. ANY help would be appreciated!! I've read a lot of threads on similar items but always points to blower not operating correctly, my blower works fine. And havent seen any threads that address BOTH heat and a/c not working.
  • mbilas1mbilas1 Posts: 1
    I have owned 3 trailblazers, 04, 06 and now and 07. On every model that I have owned in colder weather (neve happens in the summer months) when I start up the car the Stabilitrack light and ABS light come on. If I turn off the engine and then restart, the lights dont come back on. It only happens when the colder weather is around. Happened with all 3 cars which suggest something of a common problem. any advise?
  • Outside vent and center vent on driver side blowing cold air. Outside vent and center vent on passenger side blowing hot air. Also back seat vents blowing hot. What could be causing this
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    If you were recently denied auto warranty coverage for a surprising reason, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2013 to tell your story to a reporter.
  • I hit a 300lb mule deer with the whole front end of my 2004 trailblazer. Half of the deer went over the truck the other half went under the truck. Depressing the whole front end about 1 foot. I struck this at 70 miles an hour. With all the damages done the air bags should have deployed and they did not. GM stated that with this vehicle you have to deploy the brakes 1/20th of a second prior to impact for the air bags to deploy. I believe that this is a bunch of hog wash. Brakes have nothing to do with the air bag sensors.
    Hope you weren't hurt!

You may want to let the NHTSA know - the link is at the top of the discussion header.
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I don't think, even at that speed, that hitting that amount of weight would trigger the air bag sensor. The impact wouldn't be that severe.
    You may be right. I'm a bit sensitive to this issue since there's so many deer up where I live it's just a matter of time before I hit one. And last week a woman hit a moose and was killed up in AK where I used to live; no indication of air bag deployment in the story. But I've seen at least one forum post elsewhere where someone hit a deer at 55 and the airbags deployed.