Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• gmfangmfan Posts: 188
    My 02 TB is simila. It no longer chimes nor does the seatbelt light luminate when the vehicle is cranked. Not that I really need the reminder, so it is no big deal. My light with the seat belt and air bag does flash for a few seconds, but again no sound (by the way, what is that icon?) Mine has 80,000 mi and has been doing this for at least six months. Seat belt with air bag icon is weird, since if the air bag is acting up, the "Air Bag" light will illuminate right?

Nothing is broke, but since I read your post,
  • :lemon: the trim piece housing the 3rd brake light can deatch from its plastic hinge mounts causing the lift gate to become inoperable.

See my complete posting and ordeal with General Motors at www.trailbazerclub.com under posting by damiantote.
  • I had that noise too on my '02. It was a while ago but I think there was a recall on it. Something about a computer chip. Check the dealer for recalls on the noise. Also didn't want to shift when that happened.
  • bdeekbdeek Posts: 2
    Would you be able to tell me how to change the lightbulbs on a 2002 Trailblazer?

Thanks
  • bdeekbdeek Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me how to replace the light bulb for the headlamp on a 2002 Trailblazer?

Thank
  • I keep hearing a clunking coming from the front left side of the vehicle. I thought it was just some of the plastics from underneath. I was told during my last oil change they said it was the sawy bar bushings. The TB has about 86,000 miles on it. Should these have gone bad. Would anyone know if they are difficult to replace, or where I could find an online manual to do it? Thanks
  • From what I can remember, without tearing the front end off the car, if you look under the hood to the back side of the lights you will see wires leading to the back of the headlight. These will usually screw out with a strong hand, and small arms!! replace the bulb and you should be good to go.
  • First, my SES light comes on periodically. If I re-adjust my gas cap it goes off. I think it has something to do with the pressure inside the tank. Anyway, that problem solved on to the next. I have a 2003 TB. I have just recently started having a problem that when I come out of the mornings (especially when it is cold) my car is reluctant to start. And, my clock resets to 12:00 everytime (which would indicate a loss of power). This was just happening in the morning but now it seems it is happening almost everytime I get in the car. Also, my reduced power light does come on when I start the car but it goes off once the car is running. I thought it might be a low battery but am not sure. Any thoughts?
  • gmoudygmoudy Posts: 67
    Yep! Sounds like your battery is going. The cold just made it appear quicker.
  • Does sound like the battery, those Delco batterys don't last very long. The one in my 03 TB didn't quite make it to 3 yrs. Which is better than the one in my 99 Blazer which only made it a year and half.
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,521
    Well, if your lucky and have small hands you can do it that way. I'm not lucky and don't so:
    Open hood. Remove front trim piece/grille (that thing that extends over the light housings, thanks GM) by carefully prying it off. It's held on with a series of spring clips. I used a putty knife and started in the center and worked it off slowly, but once it's started it seemed to come off easily.
    When that's off you can remove the light assemblies buy releasing the lock clips (a stainless steel tab) on the top of them, one on each end. The inner one is easy to get to, the outer is under the fender somewhat, so I used a long flat screwdriver to release it. You just pull them straight up.
    The light assembly will pull out forward. I unhooked all the wire connectors and took it to my workbench, but you could probably do it without doing that. Anyway, remove the rubber cover behind the bulb you want to change, remove the connector from the bulb, and remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise? until it comes out.
    Don't touch the glass part of the new bulb with your fingers when putting it in.
    Also, it's a good idea to put a blanket or something on top of the front bumper so it won't get scratched.
    Re-assemble in the reverse order. Remember to line up the spring clips when putting that grille thing back on, and just push it on all over to make sure they all engage.
  • Whew! I am going to get a new one today. So, keep your fingers crossed that is all that is wrong. I am female and just hate to think I might get taken because of my lack of mechanical knowledge. Thanks so much guys!
  • We're looking at purchasing a TB, (our first SUV) would you say overall you have been happy with this model? Ours would be a 2005 EXT 2wd I6. Thank you
  • I AM HAVEING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM, BUT MINE IS CONSTANT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND A FIX THANKS! :confuse:
  • I HAD THIS PROBLEM!!! THE WINDSHIELD WAS NOT COMPLETELY SEALED, I WOULD GET SPRAYED IN THE FACE WHEN IT RAINED THE PROBLEM WAS IN THE DRIVER SIDE BOTTOM CORNER
  • joe05joe05 Posts: 11
    I have a 2002 TB with 52K Miles, normally the service engine soon light comes on and I have to unscrew the gas cap, then restart the vehicle to allow the computer to recycle. Has anyone had the Service 4WD light come on their TB's? It is something I should be concerned about?
  • Hello, Can anyone tell me if it is "normal" for my 04 EXT to still blow COLD air from the rear vents after warming up in my driveway for 10 minutes. The dealer says they replaced the rear heat compressor but I still have cold air. The air will get warm after I drive it for 5-8 minutes but I have small children back there and I am not happy. Dealer now says that is "normal"? Thanks!!
  • wxman4wxman4 Posts: 53
    Maybe check TSB 05-01-37-002, May 2005
    Poor Rear Heat Performance (Install Auxiliary Heater Pump)
    2003-2005 TrailBlazer EXT
    Condition: Some customers may complain of poor 2nd and/or 3rd row seating heater performance when the vehicle is at idle.
    Cause: This condition may be due to lack of coolant circulation to the rear heater core.
    Correction: Install auxiliary heater pump package. (P/N 89024885 L6, 89024886, V8) This pump will improve coolant flow to the rear heater core.
  • I purchased a new '03 LTZ with a sticker nearly $38,000. Besides the price tag, and poor gas milage, I have terrible wind noise. I have riden in other non GM SUV's including Japanese, and find that they are MUCH quieter for wind noise. This may not be a big problem for some but to me, it is not what I expect for a pricy SUV, since other manufactures build SUV's that are much quieter.
  • zr2zr2 Posts: 6
    I agree, I have '03 EXT with V8, love it except for wind noise, V8 is great (power and sound). Dealer replaced all the rubber around doors. Didn't help. This is our good car so only have 18,000 on it since Aug 03. Drive '05 ZR2 Blazer daily and it's got 18,000 on it since Feb. It's our 3rd ZR2 and 1st with auto (don't like). Looking at selling it and getting H3 Hummer (5 sp). I've also had the starting problem and would not go over 15 mph. It was bad wiring in ing switch. (replaced battery and DriveByWire unit twice before they found bug in switch). I run AMSOIL and its due a change (1 year). Added a trans cooler as I pull a trailor (3 tons of gravel) and want trans to last longer.

But wind noise is the killer (might make me get rid of this before ZR2 :o( ). Glenn (in front range of Col.)