Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Well, turned out to be the air bag modulator. It wasn't too much work for the shop to figure out what the problem was. Apparently they have a special scanner for that, it’s called a Tech 2 scanner. It wasn't the cheapest thing to have repaired, it was just under $500, but without it the air bags wouldn't have deployed, had I needed them too.
  • gmfangmfan Posts: 188
    Did you have any warranty left? I would be pretty hot if my 02 did this? How many miles on your vehicle.
  • Ive had this happen numerous times. It was 'fixed'-they replaced some part, and told me to turn my heat on (floor)
    when i start the car in the cold?? -Well that hasnt worked. I was driving down the highway at 70 mph, when both SES & red. eng. power came on-- nearly bringing me to a halt...I was able to savely move to the break down lane. But this is extremely dangerous. Any advice? I find that if i turn the car off, then back on, the red. eng. pow. light goes off, but check eng. stays on.. It will go out a while later after the car is off then turned back on. --Does this have anything to do with using a remote starter? This only happens to me when its COLD and I use REMOTE START?
    HELP-- before i get into a serious accident!
  • We have a 2004 Tb EXT AWD Trans with v8 and there is some sort of problem also involving the awd. When the car is put in 4hi, the car vibrates and makes loud noise when turning....all of this only in 4hi. The engine is also whining when in awd between 20-40 mph..................any suggestions

(sry this doesnt ans ur question......) :confuse:
  • I'm over 70,000 so I haven't had a warranty for awhile. It really didn't bother me too much to pay it because I'd rather know that the air bags are going to work how they're supposed to.
  • Then engine on my '03 TB dies when idle. I took it to a neighborhood mechanic & replaced the battery. Two days later it died again while idling. I took it to the dealer who reset the computer, cleaned the throttle body, & fuel injection. Now two weeks later, my TB interior lights are flashing on while driving & the reduced engine power light comes on. I have already spent over $600 in a matter of weeks on this vehicle. Any ideas what's going on?
  • i have 02 TB the fans revs high and it does not want to get into the higher gears you had mentioned that it was a seperate prob all together could you explain further??? In cold weather we are having problems going over 35 mph sometimes even 25.
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    Sounds like your transmission is not shifting right if it won't go into higher ranges. This is different from the fan noise problem that occurs but otherwise it runs normally. Sounds like you need to have it looked at.
  • 75K miles, noticing loud clunking noise from drivers side front end when I go over small bumps. Sounds like if you drive over a loose manhole cover.

I had the shocks checked out, no leaking and seemed to be in decent shape.

Any ideas?
  • I am starting to dislike my trailblazer! The most recent thing to happen is that the heater fan won't even come on even if I let it warm up a bit. It's cold in Indiana, I prefer heat. The ABS light, Brake light, 4WD light, and sometimes some of the other dashboard lights come on and no heat. The battery power stays around 15. Should I get a new battery? This is starting to make me mad the thing only has 36,000 miles on it with it! Any ideas on the heater?
  • I just had the same thing happen. Air bag light went on a couple weeks ago and stayed on. The seat belt light went on and off periodically.

I just had it repaired. it was the air bag module, replaced for a little under $500.

There was a recall for air bag modules for vehicle manufactured beween May and August, but mine was made in April. I was a little peeved to have to pay that amount of money but I was told the air bags wouldn't deploy while that light was on.
    You might check to see if your hood is rattling. Mine did this and the dealer found my hood was not quite resting correctly when closed. Dealer made a few adjustments and it was fixed, and have not had any problems since. Let us know.
  • You might want to check the front swaybar end links. My '02 only has 28,000 and they need replaced. If you have the tools it is a do-it-yourself job. Moog replacements have been the ones talked about most. I've seen the noise categorized that it sounds like loose lumber.
  • The only problem I had with mine was the crappy OEM tires. Mine came with the 16" BFgoodrich Open Trail tires. They rode good, but they had poor traction off road, and downright scary on a wet highway. I spun out on two separate occasions. I replaced the tires at 30K miles because I got stuck with them, and in the process of getting out, the two rear tires went flat. The had some tread left. I got the BFgoodrich All Terrain tires as a replacement. They were expensive, but they perform better on every surface. The new ones are louder and slightly harder than the OEM tires.
    I have an 2002 TB. Good vehicle. Question: If you are driving down the road and unclick your seatbelt, is the seatbelt icon supposed to appear on the instrument panel and make a noise? I thought mine used to do this, especially at startup when the chime used to ring. It is not a big deal since I always buckle up- but just curious.

Thanks.

GmFan
  • gmoudygmoudy Posts: 67
    It will not chime. The icon will come on.
  • Maybe check TSB 05-01-37-002, May 2005
    Poor Rear Heat Performance (Install Auxiliary Heater Pump)
    2003-2005 TrailBlazer EXT
    Condition: Some customers may complain of poor 2nd and/or 3rd row seating heater performance when the vehicle is at idle.
    Cause: This condition may be due to lack of coolant circulation to the rear heater core.
    Correction: Install auxiliary heater pump package. (P/N 89024885 L6, 89024886, V8) This pump will improve coolant flow to the rear heater core.
  • This happened with my '02 Trailblazer too. It turned out
    to be the transmision mount.
  • My trailblazer is having the same promblems. The back door will not lock now. We changed the battery in the key fob and it worked one time. Now nothing works. I know it a relay bad some where but i dont know what and where this relay is. when I go to the dealer it would cost an arm and leg just for them to talk to about their compies problems. Can any one tell me where to find that relay and how much it will cost me
  • We just had an accident with our '02 Trailblazer, where the Radiator was wrecked and had to be replaced. Before it finally got into the shop, it had to be jumped, due to cold here in canada. Now we have got it back, but the heating controls and display will not turn on. Is there some sort of a reset I can do on the system? Has it been shorted? The rear heating controls still work, and the heat turns on, but I am wondering if anyone has had this problem, or how it is fixed. Thanks.