Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• I have a 2007 Yukon and have noticed the Automatic Transfer Case knob is quite hot after driving the vehicle around for a while! No other knobs or controls are even the slight bit hot! Anyone else noticed this or is the normal?
  • jkoljkol Posts: 2
    the all seasons slip all over the place and yes I do live in montreal which requires true all winter...thanks for the tip re tirerack!
  • If you fill up with a full tank of E85 you should get a drop in mpgs of 20-30%. Max I get is 10 mpgs around town and limited highway driving in CO vs. 12-13 using 87 octane medium grade for my 5.3 V8. Value for $$ starts to look good when price of 87 octane medium grade approaches .80 or more than the E85 price of 2.099.
  • 73shark73shark Posts: 325
    Yes, it's normal heating from the bulb.
  • mayhermayher Posts: 41
    I need some help. Does anyone know if you can still use the cig. lighter connection inside the console when the GM organizer ( pt. # 19166288) is in place. I keep the charger for my phone plugged into this all the time, and would not be able to do so if this blocked the receptacle.

Bye the way, does anyone else this another example of GM nickel and diming the consumer to death. Your buying a $50K vehicle, and then they want to sell you a part that should have been included in the first place. The center console currently is just a big dark hole that collects junk.
    Thanks
  • I can tell you, even if it blocks the front power ports there should be one inside the arm rest and one on the back of the arm rest under the rear climates controls.
    Yes you can and either leave the phone in the lower portion or place it in the organizer. It's pricey but very useful.
    Thanks to all for your input. I agree that this is pricey, especially for something that should have been included in a 50K truck. But if it keeps me from loosing things in the big black hole, it will be worth it.
  • They just openned the first E85 station in my area its out of the way but I'll use it occasionally. This time I did get about a 20% drop in MPG... However, the price of the E85 didn't compensate for the drop (or at least in my area it didn't).

Anyone out there getting E85 for 20-30% less than 87 octane? Maybe when more stations come online in So. Cal. prices will be better.

Quote - "If you fill up with a full tank of E85 you should get a drop in mpgs of 20-30%. Max I get is 10 mpgs around town and limited highway driving in CO vs. 12-13 using 87 octane medium grade for my 5.3 V8. Value for $$ starts to look good when price of 87 octane medium grade approaches .80 or more than the E85 price of 2.099. "
    Can anyone help concerning getting GM to pop for replacement wiper assemblies on the 07 tahoe? After reading the message from seabyrd ( #2877 ) I contacted my local dealer. The dealer acted like they didn't know anything about a bulletin, and said I was the first person to complain about the Tahoe wipers. Does anyone have the bulletin #? These are probably the worst wipers I have ever had on any new car. Beyond me how GM screwed this one up.
    Thank you Diane, that would be great. I have an appt set for Weds for some other minor issues. I would love to have that information by then. Thanks for your help

Paul
  • Hi.. This is Diane.. I will call my dealer and ask exactly what the "bullitin was and post it for you.. My be Monday before I find out.
    Diane
  • If you would like to get a new pair, send me your e-mail address. I have the phone number of the rep of the company who makes these things. I complained enough that she sent me a new pair of a modified version they are now using. Haven't put them on yet but they look pretty good. Or if you want to try and reach her on your own you can contact VALEO Electrical Systems Inc. 3000 University Drive, Auburn Hills, MI. 48326-2356. It did take approx 2 months to get them but I finally did.
    Mark
  • Go to chevy web site look under accessories.There is one listed.
  • Thanks tommy42 - it's looks a bit clunky and hard to move around if needed. Has anyone used this thing? It doesn't look like it collaspes.
  • My '08 suburban will be here next week and I need something to haul the groceries and "stuff" in so it doesn't roll around anywhere. I had ordered the cargo net, only to learn once it arrived, that it is does not work with the power lift gate. What to do?
  • Hey, does anyone know how to visually tell the difference between the '07s and '08s? I'm just curious to know when I'm driving down the street what year I'm looking at and so far I can't tell...
    What's the difference between the originals and the new modified ones?
  • Hi.. I talked to my service man who replaced my wipers and arms for free.. The Bulletin # for this is..2042545.. Any Chevy dealer can look it up for you. Let me know how it goes.. Mine are fantastic !!
  • I have had to replace my gas sensor on my Tahoe 5 times. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if there is a recall?