Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• I have forsale, A brand new, wood grained covered console It came out a a new 2007 Surburban. The car is 4 days old. It was replaced with the open style found in most 2007's. It will fit all 2007 Tahoe/Yukon and Surburban/Yukon XL vehicles. Just pop your old one out and pop this one in. Asking $55 shipped in the lower 48 states. Please call 518-832-0011 for info. I'll be glad to supply a digital photo.

Thanks Steve in Saratoga Springs, NY
  • dmyer3dmyer3 Posts: 17
    Wouldn't you think they would be the same? Oh well they didn't ask me to help write manuals.
    I should have stated that my off-roading is pretty mild stuff. Inspecting farm land and deer hunting sites is about it. No rock climbing or anything like that.
    Thanks martin22.
  • kimdvm1kimdvm1 Posts: 37
    I just had the Super Lockpick (which is a Gen3 lockpick plus OnStar Lockpick for bluetooth) installed, along with a Parrot Bluetooth system. Everything works great and I enjoy it except... my AM radio now has severe interference. I listen to talk radio a lot, so this is annoying.

The installer agreed to look at it to see if they loosened the AM antenna, but I am nervous that this is going to be some kind of unknown interference from the Lockpick.

Anybody else seen this?

Kim
  • gfraigungfraigun Posts: 70
    Hey, does anyone know if installing a third party component changes or voids the warranty?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,250
    It depends.

Warranty Denied? (SEMA)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• 73shark73shark Posts: 325
    It depends. If the dealer can show that the third party component contributed to the failure, then yes it does.
  • gatahoe07gatahoe07 Posts: 1
    Silly question driving me crazy - how do you put a tag on the front bumper? No holes - nothing in owner's manual I can find.

2007 LT - owned 2 weeks - love it, love it, love it
  • romosromos Posts: 2
    Hey Dmyer,

I have a 07 Yukon SLT purchased in July 2006. In my version of the Yukon manual (part# 15854793), the paragraph regarding 20" tires is listed on page 483. In essence, it states that the 20" tires are designed for on road use and not recommended for off-road driving.

Hope this helps.
    Hi romos,
    Thanks for the tip. I'm at tne office now but will check my manual this PM.
    Don
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    I am considering trading my 2001 2WD Tahoe on a 2007 4x4 - I have looked at the on-line pictures -

Looks like the LT3 package has what we want - I may add the Z-71 option

My questions -
    All the pictures show a black dash - I would rather not have black - are there any other color choices (LT3 with or W/O Z-71 package)

I have a car now with a black interior - its hot as hell - compared to our other vehicles.

How stiff is the ride of the Z-71 package -
    There are two small dimples where you have to drill holes to use to fasten the tag with.
    Hi romos,
    and others that commented on this subject. romos is correct, page 483 states 20 inchers are not meant for off-road.
    I thought I had read my manual thouroughly, but sure did miss that so my previous comments were wrong.
    I'll still do my version of off-roading, which is mild stuff, and pretend I don't know any better.
    Thanks again romos.
  • tom213tom213 Posts: 49
    I have a 2007 4X4 LT3 with the Z71 package. The dash is black and so are the seats which are all "Ebony" or Ebony with either a Morocco Brown or Titanium inserts available. I wish I would have held out for the Morocco Brown inserts. I think they really look nice. You can get what they call a "Light Cashmere" if you do not get the Z71 package. As for the ride, I had a 2004 Z71 that I traded in and the ride on the 2007 model WITH the Z71 package is 10 times better than the old. I really like it. Also the Z71 does not have the wood-grained interior. It is a polished silver with the black.
  • ukon07ukon07 Posts: 5
    RSHT, thank you. FYI, I am trying to swap out the front headlight bulbs with the newly released Sylvania Silverstars. I had them on my 02 Escalade (only year w/o HIDs from the factory) and they looked close enough to HIDs that no one questioned if they were or were not. Now I have a leased 07 Denali and can't/won't do real HID's with fear of voiding the warranty or worse screwing something up.

I will let you know if your advice works/helps...again thanks for the assist.
  • rshtrsht Posts: 277
    ukon07, U R Welcome.
    FYI, just found a site with HID direct replacement (for H13)yesterday (pretty pricy). URL below:
    http://www.xtralights.com/
  • I'm in the process of purchsing a new '07 Tahoe 3LT 4x4 for my husband. It has the 5.3L V-8, flex fuel (whatever that is) SFI, V-8 and has all the bells and whistles. The dealer is quoting me a price of $38,000. I'm crazy about the color as my husband loves blue and this is a Graystone Metallic with Ebony Leather Interior Trim. Do you guys feel this is a good price for this vehicle - or can I get him down more?

Also - another dealer is offering me a '07 Tahoe 3LT Z71 4.4 with all the bells and whistles for $44k - and I'm still working on him to sharpen his pencil more.

So - those of you out there - do you like your Tahoes? And do you feel either of these are a good deal. The sooner you can answer me the more I will appreciate it. Thank you very much!!! (I loathe buying new vehicles. . . you just feel like you get beat up all the time - my husband better LOVE this surprise).
    Where did you come from? Are there any more of you? Do you want to adopt another husband? Okay, I'll stop...

As for the prices you're quoting, it all depends on the options. If the 4X4 Z71 (what I have) has the Nav system, sunroof, and LT3 package, and a few other goodies, I'd say it's a good price. Same with the non-Z71. Good luck!!
  • junglegeorgejunglegeorge Posts: 129
    One lucky husband, My wife gave me new floor mats for ,mine. IMHO you are buying at the correct time, and you are receiving fair pricing, however if your willing to invest a little time you should be able to do a little better. I am assuming that both trucks you are looking at are 4X4 four wheel drive. I suggest you go to WWW.Chevy.com, select SUV, then Tahoe, then click build and price. Select the truck you want, color, and options. The program will give you both MSRP and a bogus cost estimate. On the truck you are looking for, you can expect the dealer to take $5k - $7 off the MSRP (sticker) prior to any available incentives. Currently Chevy is offering either $3k rebate or $1k and 0% financing for 3 years. You should also be eligible for a two year free subscription to On Star. You can also check offerings on line on the Chevy web site. For instance: take a fully loaded LT3 4X4 with a MSRP of $46,515 Deduct a margin of $6000 = $40,515 Now back out the $3000 rebate and you are down to $37,515 - without the NAV. Good luck, and if things do not work out with him, please give me a call.
    George
  • toobztoobz Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a new Tahoe as well. I've been working with several dealers to get the best price as well. So far, I was able to negotiate $9k off a LTZ with navigation and rear entertainment.
    I'm holding out for the last day of the month to see if they go any lower.
    I was successful with calling around and giving the price quotes I was receiving from other dealers. Now, it's based on who does the best job with making the final process go smoothly.
    Just for comparison purposes, I looked on Autotrader.com and found 2007 Tahoe with up to 20k miles for more than what I can purchase new.
    I recently purchased a new motorcycle for my husband, trust me, it's not the color that's most important, it's the full package and the surprise!
    Good Luck! :)
    You shouldn't have to pay any more than invoice for the particular vehicle that you are looking at.
  • c5_4func5_4fun Posts: 59
    Tell the dealer you want to see MSRP and Invoice price for the car for which there should be about a 10% difference between the two (just to test they're showing you the right number). I wouldn't pay anything over invoice MINUS current GM rebates that are applicable (which I think is $3K until July 9th).
  • tripwiretripwire Posts: 10
    I bought a 07 LTZ with all the bells and whistles, and I want to tint the front side windows, but the owner’s novel has stated you shouldn’t because of the navigation and other sensors. Has anyone done it and have they had problems with them? Dave
  • I gave up trying to get the Tahoe the way I wanted it and just purchased the GMC Denali. Love it!!

Took it in to have limo tint on the windows from the second seat back and darker tint on the driver's front and passenger front. I also wanted the tint ont the front windshield down about 6-8 inches but was advised that is where all the navigation goodies are and they couldn't do it. The Denali is fully loaded with the navigation system, cameras, on star - the works - so we'll suffer through without the strip of tint. I can't imagine the navigation system going through the side windows and I have never heard any problems from friends who have Denali's and have ALL the windows limo tinted. Can't do that in Arizona though. Good luck!!!
  • tripwiretripwire Posts: 10
    Thanks,

For some reason the front of the Denali didn't catch my eye like the Tahoe, so I ordered my LTZ. I didn't think the side windows really mattered and wouldn't affect the high tech stuff, but just wanted to ask others who had it done to confirm. Thanks for the help, Dave
  • seabyrdseabyrd Posts: 32
    We have an '07 Z71 4X4 Suburban also with all the bells and whistles.. we tinted front side windows without any problems. I have never read the manual so didn't know about a possible problem.. we also added a 6" deep tinted shade across the top of the windshield.. We have had no interference at all.. We also have the Nav and DVD bypass that works them both while under way and that is just awesome!! Hope you enjoy your new wheels.. we love ours inspite of lousy fuel mileage !!
    seabyrd...
    Where did you get your NAV/DVD bypass? Did you install and was it difficult?? How much did you pay?
    Sorry for being nosey. I believe on previous posts, people were saying they were around $250. I'm just not sure I want to pay that much for the few times I might need it, but if it was in the $100-$150 range, I might go for it...THANKS.
    Go to www.coastaltech.com .. yes you can install it yourself.. the hardest part is pulling off the trim around the radio.. its just clipped on but you think you are going to break it...it does just pull off.. the rest is easy.
    Can't remember the price but very reasonable. the price is on their website.. they are great to deal with.
    Good luck.. let us know how it comes out if you do it.
    OOPS !! sorry... just noticed a typo... its www.coastaletech.com ... sorry about that..
    Good Luck !!
    Thanks seabyrd. I checked it out and I see that they're still $249. It would be nice to have for our upcoming road trip to Minnesota, but it looks like I'm going to have to divert those funds into gas money now! Gas just shot up to $3.05 a gallon and is expected to go higher here because a nearby refinery was flooded out with all our recent heavy rains here in Oklahoma. We have a Z71 Tahoe, and like yourself, we love the ride and it's a great traveling vehicle.
  • junglegeorgejunglegeorge Posts: 129
    I am having issues with my bypass, who's unit did you purchase? Thanks George
This discussion has been closed.