Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra - First Impressions

Comments

• aviator10aviator10 Posts: 13
    guys, i have been reading all your posts about what the 07 silverados are going to look like. isn't it obvious? they will be identical in almost every aspect as the new tahoes. i suspect the same of the sierra/yukon. for those of you that don't believe me, pick up this month's issue of "truckin". it shows the 1st sneak peek of the 07 silverado. can you say "tahoe"? :P
  • saddaddysaddaddy Posts: 566
    The new Avalanche looks so much like the Tahoe that I think the Silverado may be a bit more distinguished from its stablemates. Just a guess.

I really don't think they would make all three vehicles (4, counting the Suburban) look so much the same. The Silverado must have its own front end, at least.
  • I'd have to disagree with you (#107). Even though the truck is under camouflage I think you tell that at least the headlights are different. If that is true I would say the grill would be different as well. Maybe not radically different but different.
    you may be right. but i think that the trucks are going to be very similiar this year with probably a couple slight cosmetic differences. the picture in "truckin" showed an identical front end with the tahoe and avalanche though. who knows? :confuse:
  • Can you post a link? I'd like to see.
    sorry, i can't seem to find a link. but if you really want to see it grab the issue of truckin at your local wal-mart. look in the table of contents for "sneak peek-2007 silverado"
  • mikalmikal Posts: 3
    Since the tahoe and avalanche have the same 4-spd,can we
    expect the new trucks to be the same.That would be the biggest mistake gm has ever made.everyone is going to 5 and
    6 spd.
  • I don't think the Silverado will have the same front end if for no other reason then they are waiting to unveil the truck in September. Why would they unveil a vehicle that looks exactly the same as the Avalanche (and Tahoe/Suburban) 6-8 months later. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense marketing wise. Granted it could be very similar though. I'm not ruling that out. Just my opinion.
  • sortersorter Posts: 146
    Why so much delay for the pickup? This will go head to head with the new Tundra in terms of launch date.
  • arkitectarkitect Posts: 75
    The sierra in the movie is a denali, atleast it has the denali grille. I just wanted to say this incase anyone didn't see it.
  • bojesphobbojesphob Posts: 3
    I was playing around with Photoshop, and was able to come up with the way I think the new Silverado will look. Sorry about the hack job, but I think if they look anywhere close to this, I will trade in my 05!! Anyhow, I used the Avalanche picture from the Chevy website to make these.......

• I think it could look like that but I would guess a bigger grille and a change in the lights. That's my guess from what I think I've seen from the pictures with cameo on them. I still stick with my previous post that it would be a bad idea to unveil a Silverado that looks exactly the same as the Avalanche (and Tahoe/Suburban) 6-8 months later. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense marketing wise.
  • A new six-speed automatic transmission will be used with the top-notch V8, while lesser versions will use a four-speed auto. Once production of GM's new six-speed transmission increases, we expect it will be offered across the board.
  • myobmyob Posts: 47
    I liked my '00 Tundra but since the new one strikes me as so ugly and the wheelbase so overly long for my needs, I'd give the new Silverado a long hard look since I prefer its styling and hopefully it will have a nice new interior and a more refined ride as well. I'd prefer to wait a year but I need a new truck by March '07.
  • A spy photographer caught the 07 Silverado with no cammo as it was being unloaded from a truck to shoot a TV commercial! It is a red crew cab 1500 4X4 model with the Z71 off-road package. It looks like a bloated Colorado to me, but I am sure it will sell very well anyway. Here's the link, since I can't attach the pic I had saved on my computer:
    http://www.speedsportlife.com/2006/06/12/2008-chevy-silverado-uncovered/
  • I just wanted to gloat :P and say that I like it.
    Well, this is one of those times that I don't mind being wrong :) Even though I can't say I was so horribly off with my rendering :D

But, I figure if this is what it looks like, and the displacement on demand significantly improves gas milage (I heard it would increase it by more than 25%), I will be in line to buy one!
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    I am very disappointed. I couldnt wait until the new trucks came out and now it looks like my 00 will hang around a lot longer :) Hopefully for gm this isnt the final production model.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/2kwolfgang/w_silverado_z71_cd_jun06.jpg
    Like a Nissan small pickup. It is old styling, like 2 generation behind F150. If anyone will give up market share to Tundra, it will be GM and Dodge.

This is nowhere near the freshness of GM's SUV version.
  • Especially since Ford trucks get such excellent horrid gas mileage.
    yeah, that's one reason why I don't even consider Ford, Dodge, Nissan or Toyota for a truck, the gas mileage sucks on all of them. Not saying my current Silverado is great, but it's definitely the best on the market. If the predictions for the 25% increase in MPG with the displacement on demand engine is to be believed, Chevy will be the most fuel efficient truck hands down, and people are going to flock to it just to save money on gas!

Edited to add: I forgot that even the Honda truck has worse gas mileage than the Chevy does :)
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,692
    From what I've read displacement-on-demand only really works on the highway under light loads. For stop-and-go driving, or for pulling loads, it will have little or no effect.

Edmunds reported on their long-term Commander, with the 5.7 with displacement-on-demand, that the gas mileage was disappointing. Frankly I think displacement-on-demand is more bark than bite.

Bob
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    But the Next Tundra Is no beauty queen either.

Going for ultra-generic, wide-mouth bass?

Oh, well. Just get the Avalanche for a good front-end.

DrFill
  • And GM is "pinning" their future on this? Chapter 11 here we come. Absolute digraceful and a totally WIMPISH appearance. And the people at GM call themselves trend setters? More like caveman.
    I will like to see a poll for Sierra vs Tundra styling. At least 70:30 vote for Toyota in this case.

MPG is a good selling point if GM can deliver. HP and Torque will be a wash... Kind of (GM 6.2L vs Toyota 5.7L, about same torque and HP)
  • joe29001joe29001 Posts: 48
    I preferred the artist's rendering to the new spy photo. The fender flares are goofy at best. At worst, the overall width is similar to the current model with an even narrower cab and bed (been heading in the wrong direction since 1987).
  • ddf1ddf1 Posts: 18
    At first glance it didn't impress me either, I do like how the front end gives the illusion that it is wider, but I think it is one of those trucks that will be loved over time. It probably looks a lot better in person. When I first saw the 97 F-150 design I hated it. But it grew on me and now I think it is a sharp looking truck for a Ford. But the fender flares have got to go. The H3 has those same "goofy" flares. It reminds me of a juiced up Jeep Liberty with shoulder pads! This is a full size truck! It should walk the talk not be more show than go.
  • A total botched abortion. And if anyone thinks this is going to sell I would ask to whom? Pee Wee Herman? The bubble cab look slike a wimp mobile to say the least. Is this a truck or a SUV look-a-like?
  • corwinccorwinc Posts: 1
    I love my 04 Silverado. Would not trade it for anything (except maybe the 07). I am excited about the 07. I am hoping that it has Bluetooth and Navigation options. I drive a lot for my job and having those 2 options would really make the Silverado the complete package for me. Has anyone heard if it will have these options?

Additionally, I would like to see some photos or artists renditions of what the 07 will look like. Does anyone know where I can check these out?
This discussion has been closed.