Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra - First Impressions

Comments

• z71subz71sub Posts: 5
    From the Photos I've seen of the 07 Tahoe, Suburban, and Avalanche, I almost expect the SIlverado to have the same front end. I hope I'm wrong. I think GM is in worse shape than they're letting on, if they are using the same front end across the truck/SUV line. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same front on the 07 Trailblazer and a future Colorado.

Please, Chevy, do something special for the Silverado.
  • "We need Americans to buy American Made cars and Trucks in this critical time for are economy. Yes some of the Japaneese cars are made here and feature some parts from American Suppliers......but not as many as GM. Thanx-->rockylee"

HooRaahh buddy, I'm with ya.
    Some of the foreign vehicles may be made here in the USA but the people that own the company don't live in the USA. I don't care if it's a BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Kia, whatever.
    Spend it here it stays here.
    Later
  • Well I really like the 2007 Tahoe. That is one nice looking suv. I did notice that every Tahoe I've seen has waves in the front doors panels. I've seen about 5 of them that way.
    I didn't like the 2007 Yukon too much. Those headlights are Massive. The 07 yukon headlights would have been ok if they didn't run them all the way on top of the fenders.
    I hope that the new Sierra is either different than the Yukon or more like the Tahoe.
  • usafdocusafdoc Posts: 1
    Your stand is decidedly un-American IMO.

What spurs excellence? Rewarding mediocrity?

When does the consumer win? When we purchase an inferior product becuase it's supposedly made in the USA? In all actuality, it's most likely from sources to include Canada and Mexico.

What IS American is the privilege of purchasing the best product available at a competitive price.

I've served this country in the military for over 25 years to include deployments to Iraq, however, I will not buy "American" when it is clearly an inferior product.

The burden is on the PRODUCER to make a superior product, not on the consumer to "buy American." You have it backwards.

Bring on the all-new Toyota Tundra --competition brings out the best and WE (consumers) win!!!

DocHolliday
  • saddaddysaddaddy Posts: 566
    Wonderful post. Well said.
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Posts: 156
    Will the new Siverado be intro'd at the NY show? GM better hurry, or it will be out of business before its best seller makes its debut.
  • bobewingbobewing Posts: 2
    The new Silverado/Sierra is scheduled to shown at the Texas State Fair in September.
  • That is of course, GM is still IN BUSINESS.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    Then sales of the '06 would immediately nosedive, and GM can't afford that, so they must wait until fall, when sales slow anyway, to release a new model to the public.

They'll suffer a couple of bad months, but the annual End of the Year Fire Sale will help cover that.

I like the current truck's front end. Hope it just evolves, and doesn't ape the candy-pants SUVs front ends.

DrFill
  • The redesigned 2007 Silverado will be unveiled at the Texas State Fair on September 29th. Several sources including edmunds have stated this. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=110177
  • aviator10aviator10 Posts: 13
    guys, i have been reading all your posts about what the 07 silverados are going to look like. isn't it obvious? they will be identical in almost every aspect as the new tahoes. i suspect the same of the sierra/yukon. for those of you that don't believe me, pick up this month's issue of "truckin". it shows the 1st sneak peek of the 07 silverado. can you say "tahoe"? :P
  • saddaddysaddaddy Posts: 566
    The new Avalanche looks so much like the Tahoe that I think the Silverado may be a bit more distinguished from its stablemates. Just a guess.

I really don't think they would make all three vehicles (4, counting the Suburban) look so much the same. The Silverado must have its own front end, at least.
  • I'd have to disagree with you (#107). Even though the truck is under camouflage I think you tell that at least the headlights are different. If that is true I would say the grill would be different as well. Maybe not radically different but different.
    you may be right. but i think that the trucks are going to be very similiar this year with probably a couple slight cosmetic differences. the picture in "truckin" showed an identical front end with the tahoe and avalanche though. who knows? :confuse:
  • Can you post a link? I'd like to see.
    sorry, i can't seem to find a link. but if you really want to see it grab the issue of truckin at your local wal-mart. look in the table of contents for "sneak peek-2007 silverado"
  • mikalmikal Posts: 3
    Since the tahoe and avalanche have the same 4-spd,can we
    expect the new trucks to be the same.That would be the biggest mistake gm has ever made.everyone is going to 5 and
    6 spd.
  • I don't think the Silverado will have the same front end if for no other reason then they are waiting to unveil the truck in September. Why would they unveil a vehicle that looks exactly the same as the Avalanche (and Tahoe/Suburban) 6-8 months later. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense marketing wise. Granted it could be very similar though. I'm not ruling that out. Just my opinion.
  • sortersorter Posts: 146
    Why so much delay for the pickup? This will go head to head with the new Tundra in terms of launch date.
  • arkitectarkitect Posts: 75
    The sierra in the movie is a denali, atleast it has the denali grille. I just wanted to say this incase anyone didn't see it.
This discussion has been closed.