Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I'm having the same problem with my 02 durango and want to know if you have resolved it so you can help me. The dealer wants to replace the CTM for 900.00. I hope you can give me some better advice.
  • I'm having the same problem and need to know what fix you may know of. dealer blew me off with CTM guess. Where are the delay module located.
  • I'm having electrical problems with my 02 durango and want to know if anyone can help. The headlights and interior lights started going on and off. then the headlights would stay off and the interior lights would blink. The door locks would stop working. The dealer wants to replace the CTM for 900.00. I hope you can give me some better advice.
  • I just purchased a 2002 Dodge Durango RT, it has 68,000 miles on it. I am noticing that the rpm's are revving for no reason while I am cruising at a steady speed and it is also making a revving sound. Also while I have the cruise control the rpm's jump up and down as well. Does Anyone have any idea what this could be? I thinking possibly the overdrive is not working properly (even though it does it whether its on or off) or maybe a sensor... even worse the transmission. I want to point the dealership in the direction of the problem so they can fix it before my 30 warrenty with them expires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • I HAVE A 2001 AND I WENT TO TURN ON THE REAR HEAT THIS WEEKEND AND IT BLOWS COLD NO MATTER WHAT! THE FRONT PANELS HAVE HEAT BUT THE REAR CONTROL IS ONLY BLOWING COLD. DID YOU GUYS FIGURE OUT YOUR PROBLEM? I CHECKED FUSES ETC BUT THEY ARE FINE. THANKS!
  • I am having the same problem with my 01 durango only blowing cold air. I have called the dealership that i purchased mine from and they said it could be one of 3 things. First it could be the controls, or it could be down on fluid or it could be that a line needs bled out. I'm not a 100% sure on what that all means but thats just what he said to me over the phone. Hope that helps you out a little bit.
  • Hi,

I would check the heater core and connection for leaks or internal rust, if it hasn't already been checked.
  • soundssounds Posts: 7
    When I turn the radio on and turn the volume all the way down, I hear hissing and pops in the right rear speaker. Could this be the radio or the amplifier? It has already caused that speaker to go bad. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • soundssounds Posts: 7
    My 99 RPM'S would go up and down with the cruise on also. I changed the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor) and this solved the problem. Just so you know the revving was not drastic, just slight up and down RPM'S. The sensor is on the driver side of the throttle body aka (carburetor). It can be a do it yourself.
  • aec_88aec_88 Posts: 2
    check to fuel rails for debris
  • aec_88aec_88 Posts: 2
    if its happening at highway cruising or anything over 45 have the overdrive checked out it can be slipping in an out of o.d.
  • silkiesilkie Posts: 2
    I'm having a problem with my 02 dodge durango 5.9 rt. I've had it since jan 06. The door locks started locking and unlocking while driving as well as the wipers occasionally keep going off by themselves. I've brougth it to the dealer who told me it could be the ground wire , which they replace or the remote car starter that came with my truck when I bought it. They tell me that it should have been removed as the don't come with that model anymore, which makes no sense to me as it works fine. Has this happened to anyone, or does anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem? Any help would be appreciated
  • I had a recall on my 2006 Durango for the CCN Control Module, which affected the wipers, headlights, and god knows what else. BEFORE, you could go on Dodge's website, and pull up all the recalls. Now you have to put your VIN in. And if they have "fixed" it, it will say, "No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist.". Bull. I'm STILL having issues. But tell them to check that if you have a CCN Control Module on your model. :(
  • I'm having a serious issue with the airbag lights either staying on after I start the vehicle, or coming on after I am driving down the road. I bought the vehicle in Feb 06..14,000 miles. I took it in Mar 4, 06 for 3 recalls out. Airbag lights still issue. Call back..get this, they never did the recall work! Go back in Jun 17th (06), get recall work done, airbag lights checked. Still having problems. Now, they are coming while driving, (before, they would just stay on after starting). Took to different dearlership...they recaliberated seats (huh?..okay) and looked at the airbag lights. I don't carry ANYTHING in passenger side seat to "throw off" sensors. Today, they came on while driving to big city, in the pouring rain. Anybody else having these issues??? It is really starting to PO me. There IS a recall for Airbags for 2006 Durangos, but not mine, it apparently only affected 335 units and mine was not one of them. I am going to disagree! :mad: :sick: :lemon:
  • I have a '99 Durango. The ABS light was staying on and speedometer was cutting out. I read a bunch of post and all indication were that it was the speed sensor. I replaced the speed sensor and all the lights went off. However, when I am braking <10mph the speedometer drops immediately to 0 and the ABS brakes kick in. As soon as I take my foot off the pedal and reapply them the issue stops. Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? Are there different speed sensors that have a different ratio?
  • Not sure if you have fixed your problem or if this is your answer but its worth a shot. I had the same issue, replaced the thermostat and it was still blowing cold air. One day, in the middle of winter I was adding washer fluid to the reservoir and heard the AC compressor kick in. Obviously, I did not have the AC on, but the clutch was engaging. I pulled the AC clutch relay and amazingly I had nice hot air blowing.
  • I had the same experience with my 2000 Durango. Had to replace the door lock solenoid mechanism. It can be a do it yourself project. You need to remove the inside door panel to get to the mechanism. I would recommend buying the replacement prior to attempting this. That way you will see exactly which screws and levers need to be removed to replace it.
  • I have recently had this problem. It has happened 3x in 2 months, thank God I was never hit. Twice it happened while intersecting traffic, one while attempting a u-turn which became a left turn on an unprotected green light and the other time while cutting across a busy 4-lane highway and dying in the middle thankfully at the median where the oncoming traffic wouldn't hit me. The other time it was at about 30mph before entering a turn and stopped along the grass shoulder. I have been to two dealers who say they cannot do anything unless the problem ocurrs while they are driving it, no such luck yet! I just filed a complaint with NHTSA, but there doesn't seem to be much more I can do. I drive 6 kids to school 3 days a week in a carpool and I don't feel safe driving them anymore, it's not worth the risk, at least not for me, but Dodge doesn't seem concerned enough. If anyone has any information on how to get this fixed, please let me know! I am without a car until it is :( :lemon:
  • Don't know if you solved or not but we also had a gremlin doing all sorts of strange things and it turned out to be a short in an afermarket trailer harness. I cut above the connection and all my gremlins went away
  • There are 2 speed sensors. One is on the transmission. the other in on top of the rear gear housing. I had to replace the one on top of the rear end for this problem to go away on my 99.