Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• A couple of days ago the ABS and Brake light on my Durago went on and have not gone off. At the same time as that my speedometer stopped registering any speed below ~40 MPH. Anything below 40 and the needle says at 0.

Anyone heard of this?

Thanks.
  • Have you guys had any response to this question? I had the SAME exact thing happen to me yesterday! I turned my ignition off and it Magically worked. The dealership says they've run "every test in the book" and it appears to be working the way it should. No help at all! Any idea of what it could be? I too am concered about my safety. Thanks!
  • easy6easy6 Posts: 2
    I have been pretty happy with my 2004 Durango. They replaced a chip for my air conditioning not working per a service buliten, The car wouldn't start they replaced alrm module which fixed the engine not starting. One call one fix. Better then average.
    Sitting in the waiting room talking to a nice cajun lady about her Dodge Durango. She lowers her rear windows doing Fifthty or more and huge sonmic vibration in the car. Weird I did Mine same symptons. Wow. Dealer says don't row down your windows
  • I HAVE A 2001 DURANGO AND IT OVER HEATS ABOUT EVER 2 MONTHS I SEEMS TO BE LOSING ANTIFREEZE SOMEWHERE THE DEALER PUT NEW WATER PUMP RADIATOR AND HEADS ON IT AND IT STILL OVERHEAT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME IF THEY HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS
  • Recently bought a 2001 durango,it has a milky sludge in oil filler and pcv valve. It's a 4.7 liter engine. Oil pressure good, no signs of antifreeze in crankcase or oil in antifreeze. Truck runs good, wondering if its a problem to come or a fixed problem. No maintenance history on vehicle. Appreciate anyone's help. Sue
  • I HAVE A DURANGO ALSO IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM NOW IT IS STARTING TO OVER HEAT THE DEALER DID A HEAD JOB AND WATERPUMP DID NOT SOLOVE THE PROBLEM I THINK THE GASKEST GOING AROUND THE TIMING CHAIN COVER IS STARTING TO GO BAD AND LETTING WATER INTO THE OIL IT TOOK ABOUT THREE MOUTHS FOR THE WATER TO GO DOWN IN THE RADITOR I ALSO SEE ALOT OF MILKY SLUDGE IN THE OIL FILL CAP I FOUND OUT IF YOU WANT A JUNK CAR BUY A MOPAR
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I would suggest turning off your CAPS LOCK. People tend to ignore messages typed in ALL CAPS.

tidester, host
  • easy6easy6 Posts: 2
    Milky sludge with overheating usually says bad head gasket.
    Water or moisture in oil gives you that grey milky look.
    Also the leak can cause air to aerate the water which won't cool worth a hoot.
    Lots a luck
    easy6
  • I have a 2003 durango ( 4.7 ) and recently a high pitched chirping noise could be heard from the area of the fan/ water pump area. It is increasing as time goes on and also the pitch changes as the vehicle accelerates. My thoughts were fan clutch or water pump bearing. Guages indicate no problem with any system and check engine light is seen.

ideas anyone?
  • "A couple of days ago the ABS and Brake light on my Durango went on and have not gone off. At the same time as that my speedometer stopped registering any speed below ~40 MPH. Anything below 40 and the needle says at 0.

Anyone heard of this?

Thanks."

My Durango is doing the exact same thing. Let me know if you find anything out. You also need to realize that the odometer is not working until it the speedometer begins to work at 40MPH. This fact just bit me in the [non-permissible content removed] when I went to sell the car. The dealer would not take the car because the mileage is now "technically" unknown, even though it just started happening. I am having the car looked at today. Will update.
  • shadeshade Posts: 1
    There is a electric water pump on the pass. front fender for rear heat that leaks on 2001 durango . I had to replace 2 times in 3 years. Newer durangos do not have this pump,or they didn't get the air out of the rear heater core
  • my step-dad has a 2000 durango and recently has not been starting but it has power. after been out all day shopping the famliy came back home then my parents went to leave and it didn't start but it had power! he say's it only happends only after he turns it off and on all day. here's the fun part after he lets it sit awhile it starts right up! we are at a loss? any suggestions?
  • If I roll down the back window or windows, with both down it is barely noticable, but just one and lookout. It is like the wind surges in and creates some weird almost subwoofer type vibration that repeats a couple of times per second . It increases at highway speed it actually makes the thing bounce, the faster you go the worse it gets. Roll up the window and it is as quiet and smooth as you could ever want. It almost feels like the thing is so airtight that when a gust of wind comes in it has nowhere to go and you get this kind of a boom.
  • My 99' Durango has had many problems. The check engine light has been on for many months and mechanics cannot seem to find what is triggering it. Secondly, when I drive either long or short distances, my temperature guage will slowly make it's way over to the 260 zone which means it has overheated and my check guages light comes on. It sometimes makes it's way back towards the middle but then suddenly drops again to 260. Does anyone know what the problem would be?
  • I need to replace the brake lights on my 2002 durango, but there are no screws holding it in place - do I just pull them off? :blush:
  • jimqjimq Posts: 14
    The 98-2003 Durangos use the same tail light assrmbly as the 96-2000 chrysler mini vans. From what I can remember from my 96 T&C you have to open the hatch to access them. They are located on side of the gasket material. They may or may not have plastic caps covering them. After the screws are removed then you can pull out the tail light.
  • My daughter durango turn signals does not work. Trying to locate the problem.
    Does any one know the wiring colors of the turn signal switch and where the flasher unit if used is located at .
  • Hi, I am the ownere of an 01 dodge durango and am also having problems with it stalling. Chrysler and the dearlership cannot find the problem or so they say. Where would I find the letter from Chrysler to the transportation authority? Thanks,Tessa
  • I have a 2000 Durango that did the same thing. It was a $40.00 part with $250.00 labor. It's called an antifreeze/coolant sensor in the engine. Once replaced, the car has been normal since.
  • lee41lee41 Posts: 1
    2 days ago(on the coldest day yet)my heater fan was blowing at max,working great,turned off engine to run in the house but when i turned engine back on,the heater fan wasn't blowing.I checked all fuses related to front heater but nothing seemed to work.any ideas? my warranty ended in nov