Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• tionnationna Posts: 7
    Thanks for that advise I'm going to ask about a copilot also. Thanks I'll inform you on what happens.
  • j9shemij9shemi Posts: 9
    Picked up the truck on Friday, seemed to run ok. By Sunday, engine light back on! I have to bring it back for the 5th time! They said they were switching a fuel injector, and never did anything but reset the computer! I've emailed chryseller again. I'm at my wits end. When this lease is up, I'm switching to GMC!!!
    I picked up my truck thurs. light off but I think they may have unplugged it. I really want to give tis truck back but their saying they paid taxes on the title so i can't get my money back.
  • sorneysorney Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Durango that has been starting hard for several months. It never turns over on the first try - always the second try. It always turns over, just take 2 tries to start, unless it has been running for a while, and I turn the engine off and restart. Then it seems to start better on the first turnover. I have a new battery, and it always tries to start, so I don't think it is the starter. Any ideas?
  • lamewolflamewolf Posts: 1
    Any luck on getting this fixed? I have a 2002 that is doing the same thing as yours was/is.
    well I went to the dealer about the problem with my 1999 Durango. What do you know they fixed it? It's pulling off just fine and the check engine light is gone off.
    Make sure they check your wires first. because in my 1999 Durango had the same problem We replaced the sensors and the light was still on . They said I needed that same thing that you need but it came to be bad wiring in the truck. so make sure they check yous wires first and they said something about the heating wire to the sensors.My truck is fine now. Good Luck
    Yes This sounds like speed sensors they get stretched easily and have to be replaced soon or you'll have major problems
  • I do not have a Durango but I do own a 99 Dodge Ram Sport and seem to have had the same problem. About a year and a half ago- my dodge started stalling out on me at low speeds and then got to the point that it would not crank. Had a mechanic tell me that it was a sensor that needed to be replaced and replaced it- drove it for a day and the same thing happened so i took it to the local Dodge dealer who told me that after checking the truck told me that I needed a throttle body service along with having the injectors cleaned. This fixed my problem until yesterday. Now the problem has reared it's ugly face again.
    before you pay for the injector cleaning go to your local auto store and purchase injector cleaner for large vehicles if it works for a little while that's what you need
  • i own a '98 durango, and i can tell u that its not your starter, i dont know if this is going to help u, but i just replaced a water pump, couple of houses, and my transmission is leaking. This truck only has 81 K on it and i should not be having these problems!!! i love my truck but im begining to thing that i made a mistake buying it. it costed me $400 and i dont even wanna think what is going to go next.
  • see dodge durango 98-03, lookes mean, fast and though but it not! at 81 K miles its leakin tranny fluid, shocks dont even work, the truck shakes like gello while i drive it. I have got a 5.2 L engine in my truck, which is just ok, not too impressing. But overall my baby gets me where i want to go and thats all that matters
  • The turn signals in my Durango will work intermittenly. They will flash a couple of times then go solid, it happens either direction. "note this never happens when the dealer has my truck for service or so they say" I have been told that it is my flasher switch of which I am unable to locate. Any help would be helpful.
  • j9shemij9shemi Posts: 9
    They finally switched out a fuel injector and the truck is running pretty good. Knock on wood! I don't want to jinx it! Engine light stayed off for a week now. We'll see what happens!
  • shornershorner Posts: 1
    I have a 99 Dodge Durango 4X4 5.9 Liter that I am experiencing some problems with. The steering has gotten to the point where I have 4 inches of play while steering left to right before the wheel turns. I am told this is due to a defective Control Arm, or Control Arm Bushing but what concerns me is apparently this can result in loss of control. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
  • sorneysorney Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Durango also which had the same problem. I bought a flasher at the local AutoZone for about $12. It's straight up from the emergency brake. It's a small green box about 2 inches by 2 inches. When you take it out, you can take it to the auto store and match it to a replacement flasher. Its a 5 terminal flasher part # EP27.
  • Hi All,

I have a 7 month old Durango, which I have been taking to the dealership for the past month over stalling issues and RMP's issues. Which they have been yet to find a problem or a fault for. Well yesterday, my durango went insane after I put it in drive..and all the lights flashed and it stalled. I starting the truck again, put it in drive and was about to pull out of the parking spot with it accelerated and I hit a light pole. There is over $4000 in damage and the dealer wants me to go through insurance..I said no way..I have been complaining for a month that there is something wrong with the truck and now you want put this on me..has anybody heard for this happening to anybody else or have any suggestions...Please help?? :cry:
  • redleg2redleg2 Posts: 1
    Was wondering if you ever got your Durango fixed, I have a 2000 w/ 4.7 ltr replaced both upstream and downstream O2 twice, now the truck is dumping fuel, I look like a diesel going down the road.
  • I have a 2000 Dodge Durango and periodically it will just die. the engine turns over but nothing happens. comes up with a code of NO BUS. wait a few minutes and then it will start again. From what I have found seams to be a problem with the PCM. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it. Warranty is up and I really don't want to take it to a dealer and let them hunt and peck at fixing it.
  • koop6044koop6044 Posts: 1
    Our durango acted like it had a dead battery. Upon getting a jump it only stays running if you rev quite high and even then it might immediately die. We only have two month left on the lease...any suggestions for a quick, inexpensive fix?