Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet HHR Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Is this a good deal for the price:

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT
    Black Exterior
    Grey Leather Interior
    Air bags - Side curtain included
    Running Boards, color keyed
    Automatic Transmission
    17" High Polish Alloy Wheels
    2.4L 4CYL Engine
    Sport Tuned Suspension
    Bright Chrome Appearance Package
    4-Wheen Anti-lock breaks
    Pioneer 7 speaker amplified system
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
    Redundant Radio Controls
    Leather Wrapped Shift Knob
    Auto-dim I/S Mirror with compass

Total: $20,610
  • thekingtheking Posts: 107
    :shades: Your price is about $400 over dealer invoice...aim for $20,000 and then let them split difference down the middle...are we talking about a car in stock ????
  • Thanks for the advice. I was definitely going to try to get them as close to $20,000 as possible, but I'm pretty happy where the price is so if I don't get them down too far I won't be disappointed. I've been quoted much higher prices for HHRs that are far less equipped than this one, so I'm pretty satisfied with this offer.

And ,no, this is not for a car in stock.

Thanks again! :shades:
  • I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago with about the same number of options. A Daytona Blue 2LT with everything but the running boards and auto. I did order mine with the sunroof though. My total was $19,300.
  • donny101donny101 Posts: 2
    You can buy an HHR if you are a (supplier consumer) or you are family to a employee to a dealership which would give you buying the vehicle little bit higher than cost. These vehicles have no Mark-up and very little holdback which is around 400$ !!!!

Give your salesperson a Break, from diggin in to deep in his backpocket or atleast slide him a 50$
  • donny101donny101 Posts: 2
    Im a salesman, and lets put it in a different way!!!

Chevrolet Builds the cars,then advertises them so you will know they are available and as known these vehicles have no mark-up and very little Holdback! No wonder the
    Japanese are kicking our #@$%&"s Pay chevrolet!!! give a little love to our country!
  • geemacgeemac Posts: 28
    If you can order running boards, you really should get them. The rear quarters of your new HHR will look like theyt were sandblasted in a few thousahd miles. This appears to be a common problem for those of us with out boards. GM is not willing to address the problem at present but a few people have reported that they were given running boards by their local dealerships. I guess it depends on how anxious your dealer is to keep you satisfied with your purchase. I have been getting bounced around between GM, the dealership I puirchased from, and the district level management without a resolution to the damage to my HHR.
  • Well in Aug '05 I wanted a big SUV, and went to the chevy dealer that I bought my tracker from 13 years ago. Yes, I still my baby, being restored now. Let me just add that I NEVER had any work done to my tracker that is why I wanted another Chevy. (I blew motors in Toyota, & Ford, so never again will I buy one of those.) Oil changes and tunes up was it. How could you go wrong with another chevy, I was looking for a Tahoe, or something along those lines, but when I went there I was not impressed with the size these had inside, so I had was riding by with the salesman and I seen this "funky" purple car that I had to stop and look at. I was actually impressed with all the room it had inside, I like the whole retro look, so I drove it. I did not get out of it until I signed the papers, I STILL LOVE MY HHR. Any concerns I have I call my sales guy and he gets everything and anything I want DONE!!!!!!!! So here is what my new baby has....

2LT Majestic Amethyst Metallic
    Sun roof (which I'm so glad I got)
    Leather/heated seats
    remote start
    6 cd changer
    rubber mats
    had them tint the front windows
    17 inch wheels
    ok well thats all I can remember so I guess it's eaiser to say that I got everything, BUT onstar, XM, roof rails and the rear spoiler

paid $22K
  • kikilskikils Posts: 5
    Dealer offered me $100 over invoice and then said she would need a 3% ad fee. When I told her I wasnt sure why I should pay an add fee for a car they are having to order, since they never advertised it. She changed and said she may be able to do 1.5%, but she had to talk to the owner. 1.5% would be about 300 dollars.

Any insight or help?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389
    Just say no..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

to advertising fee? My husband and I agreed on that. What did you think about the 100 over invoice.

Thanks for your response!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389
    I haven't shopped for one... but, looking at the other prices reported in this forum, it looks like a good deal..

As you have already experienced, they will try to add a lot of extras in, after you've agreed on the price.. If you can manage to get the car without any additions, other than TTL, then it looks good.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks for the advice. I convinced my accountant father to come with me as back up. It is my first car purchase. I think this has been more difficult than when I bought a house!

I will post what I end up doing!

Thanks Again
    Ok, so I ended paying 200 over what we agreed on the phone. But, the negotiating was easy and no pressure. So, an excellent overall experience.
  • shade4shade4 Posts: 2
    Does GM have plans for any cash incentives on the HHR?
    Not sure, but my dealer said I would qualify for any incentives/special financing when my car is delivered. So lets hope
  • hhrloverhhrlover Posts: 1
    Hey, I own an HHR with all the options except the heated leater seats. Could not find one with them in my color choice with OnStar and XM. Oh well. Love the car and get about 27 miles per gallon highway and about 23 city. This car is exactly as I expeted from a vehicle in its class category. Plus there is room for some gear - and more if its just two with the rear seats folded flat. Only thing I hate - there is no switch to turn on/off the back seat dome light from the driver seat. But - you caught my attention when you read the brakes might be bad. I have under 17000 miles on the 2006 purchased in November of 2005 (I average about 2429 miles/month - we traveled a lot on several holidays and weekends) but typically do about 25000/year. But at the tender mileage of 17000, I am getting an idiot light from the ABS and Traction Control and OnStar reports a problem with those systems. I seem to be getting pad wear noise - or the ABS pump is going haywire. I typically get much more mileage on my brakes. Where did you read/hear the HHR brakes might be bad?
  • does anybody have any experience lately with buying an 06? I just sent out my request for a quote and I'm looking for a good deal. I'm in Texas and looking for under 16k, A/T, ABS, stereo, that's pretty much all I'm looking for.
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    Hey hhrlover, what ever happened with your brakes?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter from a national publication is looking to talk to anyone who has considered buying a Chevrolet HHR in the last several weeks but ultimately decided against it. The reporter is especially interested in anyone who decided that there were so many HHRs now on the road that it’s lost some of its novelty. Please contact ctalati@edmunds.com by December 25 and provide a daytime number that the reporter can contact you back at.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• ladywclassladywclass Posts: 1,684
    in helping daughter find and buy her first new car (new college grad) .. we found a ne '06 HHR with in blue with LT package and remote start ... she paid $15,700 .. seemed like a good price to us .. any comments?

We also were pleased with the way things were handled by the local dealership ...
    What was the original sticker price? The stickers can range from about 16K to almost 25K....
    Original sticker was $17,890.00
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,277
    Sounds pretty good to me, congrats and I hope she enjoys it
    That's a good price, you did OK! A lot of car for the $.
    well, we thought so from our research online, but still it's nice to get some confirmation from others out there!
  • Hi everyone!

We are planning on purchasing a used 2006 hhr. We found a dealer with several of them, certified, for under $13,000. This seems like a 'too good to be true' kinda deal so I'm wondering if I should be cautious about this or go ahead. I've contacted the dealer and they're selling most of their vehicles way below KBB and TMV value.

Thanks!
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,277
    Always pays to be a little cautious, certified vehicle or not. I would suggest getting carfax report and also service records if available just to see if there are any documented issues you may be concerned about. Good luck
    Keep in mind that based upon which engine-transmission-options included...original sticker could have ranged from 15K to 25K......if that's 13K for a vehicle with say less than 20,000 miles on it & it's original sticker was over 20 grand......sounds like a good deal!
This discussion has been closed.