Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet HHR Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just bought an 06 leftover. 2LT with auto, polished 17" wheels, roof rails, block heater. Dealer added running boards, rear spoiler, splash guards and bumper cover. Sticker was 21,395 paid 16,900. I would not have ordered a new one with leather and sunroof so it worked out well. I am very impressed with the vehicle. Already took a 200 mile trip and the car performed very well. Nice quit ride and handles well.
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    That was a steal....you win the best deal trophy!!! Congrats!
  • Thanks. Great value. First American car i've bought in 12 years. 2 C-class Mercedes and an Audi A4 1.8T quattro. The Mercedes is in a class of it's own. However, this is pretty close to the A4 in performance and handling. No, i'm not kidding. 80% there for half the money. Now talk to me at 25,000 miles. But for now i'm very pleased.
    On the rare occaision that you want move briskly away from a stop light....I recommend left foot on brake, give gas with right...= best jump!
  • We have had our HHR for about a month. I love it. We ended up sending out for quotes for a 2006 model. We got back quite a few. We ended up going ot a dealership in georgia, we are in alabama, the dealership was great. They didnt have the exact one we went to look at since it sold the night before. They did end up giving a $21,000 HHR for $16,500. After my GM card rewards we ended up with the car for $12,800. What a deal. The car has a roof rack, sunroof, and leather heated seats. I think the HHR is a wonderful car and my frind that has a PT Cruiser likes the HHR better.
    Wow, that was a DEAL. Which engine / transmission does it have?
  • It is a 4 cylinder LT model. :)
    I mean is it the 2.2 L or the 2.4 L engine, & is it an automatic or a 5 speed manual transmission?
  • it is the 2.4 L. and automatic
    Aren't you afraid GM might turn you in for having stolen the car?
  • jenmikejenmike Posts: 11
    It was just too good of a deal. :) I dont know if the dealership would have gone low if they knew we had maxed out our GM card rewards. This is the third time we bought a car using the rewards.
  • 45auto45auto Posts: 16
    Does anyone out there have any advice for where to shop for an extended warranty for an 06 hhr with less than 10000 miles that any chevrolet dealer will fix. thank you :sick: :shades:
  • Hi Jenmike! I do not quite understand how were you able to apply $3700 of GM card earnings to an HHR? Isn't the maximum allowances $1000 only? Thanks.
  • jenmikejenmike Posts: 11
    the old world gm card you can max out at $3500. there was another gm card that came out that is only $1000 max
    For the first couple of years the gold card was $1,000 / year up to $7,000/ year....those of us with the original card are now allowed 500/year up to 3500 max and it can all be applied to any vehicle. When the run a special I suppose they do that temp add-on...that must be how he was allowed to get more than 3500 toward one vehicle? What's cool is to talk them down first, then get a public GM rebate, then get your card rebate on top! I even got an extra 600 for not taking the 60,000 miles warranty they were giving to Olds as they were closing shop....after 70,000 miles & never back to the shop...I'm glad the $ instead of the extended waranty.
  • korunnerkorunner Posts: 2
    I just purchased an '07 LT w/5 spd and the 2.2L engine for 12995. I gather from reading this thread that it was a decent price. I've had it for just a week but so far it's been great. I love the gas mileage it gets.
    I'm consistently getting right at 30 mpg with my 5 speed 2.2L Ecotec 2003 Alero. The HHR probably weighs 2-300 lbs more. About 70,000 miles & never been back to the shop. 13K for for that 07 2.2 5 speed HHR...that's a great price....what was the original sticker ..about $18 K ? My wife's 2.4L HHR w/automatic aves about 25-26 mpg. I'm guessing you'll get 28-29 mpg.
  • korunnerkorunner Posts: 2
    I drive mostly freeway to work (30miles one way) and I average 30-32 for the most part. Sticker was about 18,600 but I got it as one of the "one at this price" sales. I'd been shopping around for an HHR for awhile and when I called the dealer they still had the "one" advertised so I went and bought it.
  • seeburg220seeburg220 Posts: 1
    Just bought my 2007 2LT HHR - loaded.

Leather, running boards, Auto, Sunroof, good stereo, 2LT pkg.

Went through Costco. Paid $1300 below $24,400 sticker, plus I got $1500 from GM, so out the door with taxes and bs prep charges, title, tags, etc: $22709

I love it. I recommend the leather seats, too.
  • johntaiyujohntaiyu Posts: 2
    Just bought an LT with the chrome package, sunroof, 2.4 auto....paid 18500 out the door...one question though...does the rear spoiler option keep the dirt off the back hatch/window? We drove it about 400 miles last weekend and it was absolutely coated in dust and dirt.
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,339
    Mine is the same, always collecting dirt. I believe lund has a wind deflecter that may help with the upper part (window) but most likely won't help with lower part. If there is a spray pattern on the lower sides it may help to add mud flaps on ther rear (mounted low as possible). I don't think the design of the factory spoiler will help.
  • tbaxxontbaxxon Posts: 80
    Just bought a 2006 Black HHR LT2 at 11K miles with every option including On Star LEather, Chrome pack, XM Radio, Moon Rook, Cjrome roof rails, 6 disk, 260watt, 2.4LTR,ABS. Auto, Heated and Power seats, BT,

For $5000 and a 2003 Explorer with 42,000 miles out the Door.

Dealer wanted $8550 plus my truck. LOL
    Then he came down to $5500....I began writing out a check for $5000 and told the sales manager this was the only check I had. He took it. So we got a nice car with lo miles that can carry stuff without chewing up the garage.

Ended up selling me the HHR for $14000 and giving me $9800 for the Explorer. Tax was $260...

AS equipt this car would cost $25000 new today.
  • I was shopping..and shopping. Finally found one...about 28000 miles. 2.2L, auto, but otherwise pretty basic, not much outside of what normally comes with it. Got it for $12k, lucked out I thought.
  • Picking up my HHR tonight, Black, 1LT with 2.4, Chrome pakg, running boards, Sun and Fun package(sunroof and xm satellite w/ pioneer speekers), Fog Lamps, and AntiLock breaks, spoiler
    Sticker was 21,644 got it for 15959 before tax and title....17,066 w/T&T ..
    This included GM supplier - approx $1000, $2000 GM rebate, and 2600 for my '01 Malibu with 117500 miles,
    I am very happy.. :shades: I can't wait to get to the dealer tonight!
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,339
    Congrats, hope you like it as much as I do mine.
  • afs9afs9 Posts: 5
    Invoice: $26K
    Out the door: approx $18.500K
    Black, LT2 with chrome package, sun and fun package, mud flaps, running boards, remote start, chrome rails, gray leather with heated front seats, side airbags, HHR cargo organizer (got this thrown in for free).

Dealer add on's: PAL attachment for iPod, door sill plate kit, extra tint on windows, 19" chrome rims that I changed (cute, but too flashy and expensive) & put back on the original "star" rims (shiny ones) with the Chevy bow-tie on them.

Down was about $4K (cash, GM points, no trade in--keeping my '99 V6 S10), the rest was rebates and changes I made to car (rims, free HHR cargo hold, etc.). Plus the fact this is the 7th car or truck my family has bought from this dealer (Selman Chevrolet, Orange, CA) in over 25 years and always get great deals!

Black was 3rd choice color-I wanted a blue one, but was insistent it be an LT2 (didn't want to miss the kick of my V6), but none around. Was going to order a 2008, but couldn't pass this one up with all the goodies it has and for the price. Oh yeah--price includes full warranty coverage for all 5 years.

I absolutely LOVE this car--I've wanted one since I saw it in 2005 and bought it as a b-day present to myself last week!
  • Congrats. Black is the "natural" color for the HHR.
    Now step over to chevyhhr.net.

Great forum for owners> Technical customizing and gatherings for owners of this car. Many TSB reports and common issues and praises.
  • Pretty much base Silver LS. Love this car and the mileage. Lonestar Chevy in Houston was a pleasure to deal with. Got my LS for 11,888 +TT&L wich was less than $500 due to my almost break even trade. Got a 5yr/100K mile extended warranty for $300 due to online coupon. So for approximately $13100 drive out, I got a fun car that's good on gas, and a warranty that literally covers everything but brakes and tires. I thought I got a good deal.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    I don't understand the warranty part. Is it 5-year bumper to bumper? The standard warranty for Chevrolet/GM is 5-year/100,000 miles, transferable. If they deceived you, request the money back right away. Otherwise, have fun with your new ride.
  • White,2.2 ltr.,5 speed, LT1, fog lights, chrome package, mud flaps. $18,000 MSRP, Paid $13,445 plus $238 for Oregon plates (4 years !), and title. Minus a $709 GM Card rebate= $12974 out the door. (no sales tax in the Beaver state)
    Price would have been $50 more if I hadn't paid cash, the dealer would have been able to hit me up for a "Doc Fee" to carry my paperwork to the DMV.
    Found my deal in the Saturday Oregonian newspaper auto section, Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton occasionaly runs "loss Leader" ads good only on weekends. Last weekend they had 3 '07 LS 5 speeds @ $12,495, 3 "07 LT 5 speeds @ $13,495. My HHR was fresh with only 14 miles on the odometer, the other two LT's had around 100 miles on them.
This discussion has been closed.