Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi TT Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
Talk about your shopping experiences on the Audi TT.

Comments

• What is a realistic discount off MSRP or above invoice on an 05?
  • what should i expect to get for immaculate 2000 tt quattro loaded with only 22k miles on it help
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,968
    davedawg21...

Since every new car is different, you might have better luck getting a value for your car, if you post the details here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,968
    You are welcome... obviously, I meant every used car is different.. :blush:

Good luck!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• retiredburetiredbu Posts: 1
    I paid $25.4K for 2003 with 13K miles 1 week ago from a dealer. Comparing prices in Colorado Springs, it was a great deal. Paid 14K for 201 with 70K miles dec 06. Also a good deal in this market.
    Sure, someone got one with 10K miles for $2K from a little old lady ... someone wave the BS flag please.
  • kenmorekenmore Posts: 5
    i have an offer for 2008 3.2 TT MSRP 44575 for 43000. that's 1575 off MSRP.

6MT
    bixenon
    bluetooth
    ipod connector
    18" 10 spoke wheels

i would appreciate any input:
    1. is this a good deal?
    2. i've never leased before but would like to now. how do i take this deal and convert it to a lease without the dealer hiding charges? i'd like to get my payments in the 600-700 range if that is possible.
  • Audi redisigned the TT for 07 model year, put shortly, there is more room. You should ask yourself how important are the look of the wheels considering that the dealer is going to charge a large sum of money. If you don't care about wheels telll the dealer that you want the normal wheels this should result in a significant reduction in price. The ipod connector is no more than 250 as I recall, and bluetooth is 500.00. Although the 3.2 comes std with awd, the system adds significant curb weight negating any noticeable advantage over the 2 liter engine. the 3.2 is handy if you are living in harsh climatic conditions otherwise, I think you will find the 2 liter has sufficient power. This too should reduce the msrp. 800 dollars for bixenon is not a particularly good deal, but it might be difficult to find a car without this package. It seems you did reasonably well finding a base 3.2 model. I think you would be happier in an 07 than 08. More financial flexibility. For the 08 I would come back with a counter offer of 5 K off MSRP. This will allow a fair middle ground near 41K. As of right now I would take a guess and say, msrp+tax title and licences is going to put you up near 47K. This seems pretty high for this car.
  • I just drove off a red TT 2.0 Coupe (wife's choice) - in San Jose, CA - with the price below:
    MSRP - $43675 (incl. destination of $775)
    Invoice - $40673
    Price negotiated - $40173
    OPTIONS:
    AUDI MAGNETIC RIDE SUSPENSION
    AUDI PARKING SYSTEM - REAR PARKTRONIC
    BLUETOOTH PHONE PREP
    AUDIO PACKAGE
    AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS W/ IPOD INTERFACE
    BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS
    PREMIUM PACKAGE

Chose the audi 36 month lease offer with the cap cost starting at the above negotiated price:
    Total cash Paid - $4725
    (Cap down $2425 + Acq. fee + 1st month + lic. reg. etc.)
    Monthly lease of $500 (includes CA sales taxes of $38 :( )
    Includes - Audi care maintenance for full term of lease
    (The money factor is 0.00145 & residual value - $24895 @57% of MSRP - for those who care about this)
    Bottomline for 3 years - total of all payments (including taxes, down payments & all) = $22566 That is a monthly rate of $626 (with only fuel to add :))

I felt I did okay on this - any opinions? Looking at the number of viewers on this forum, I don't expect much of a response, but hope this helps someone who is looking to buy one.
  • nikmin - I would say you did excellent on the deal. Great MF, below invoice, loaded, nice job
  • Just getting the dealership to chop off about $3,000 from the MSRP was a coup. Your price for the lease is spot-on and your payments are palatable. My 2.0 was a little over $45,000, I put $2,500 down, got the service plan and 15,000 miles a year for about 660 a month, including tax. I was only able to get an $1,800 forebearance. Would have liked to get what you got, but such is life.

:) :shades: :shades: :)
  • Took delivery of my 08 TT 2.0T coupe in August:

White/tan
    Enhanced interior
    Navigation + iPod
    18" wheels/runflats
    Premium pkg
    MSRP $41,575

Lease including CA sales tax is $619/mo, 12K miles/year, includes service plan.
    No money down (other than first month's payment/fees)

I'm enjoying the car (700 miles so far), but in terms of delivery the dealer really did not understand the nav system or iPod interface. To be fair, it is very kluge-y.

The dealer also knew little about the S-Tronic gearbox. These are astonishingly complicated cars, and I think more dealer training might have been in order.

That said, the car's gorgeous and blast to drive. It corners as well as anything I've ever driven (and I have/had Porsche, Ferrari, BMW and Benz.)
  • I just found an offer that seems to good to be true (and usually those ones really are too good to be true) but I jsut wanted to ask for your opinions.

A dealer has a 2004 Audi TT 1.8T Quattro with 19,802 miles for $23,895. It is the fully loaded one with the premium package and also has custom seats from Audi. The car is yellow and the seats are blue (sounds weird but looks awesome).

Do you think it is too good to be true as well? The dealer swears nothing is wrong with the car and only had 1 owner.
  • logicdss:
    I dont think your 2004 Audi TT sounds too good to be true. I have received quotes for:
    Both dealer offers:
    2004 1.8T Roadster -convertible....$23,800 23,500mi + 1more yr warranty
    2003 1.8T Roadster -convertible....$22,000 24,700 + certified

Your quattro with only 1.8 Turbo engine may be too heavy and not drive as well and therefore harder to sell. not to mention the odd colors..Im in CA where are you?
  • Thank you for the reply. If these prices are normal market prices, there are some dealers out there that are outright thieves! I've seen 2004 1.8T going for as much as $33,000 with 40,000 miles!

And yes the blue leather interior may sound "odd", but mixed with the yellow exterior it gives a very sporty and young look.

I live in Montreal, so a Roadster or a non quattro is out of the question for me because of the lovely winters he have down here.

PS. From what dealers did you get the quotes you posted?
  • Sounds like a good price, but I think you might consider my experience. I bought a 3.2 manual in June, just after they came out, for more money incidentally. On August I parked the car on an incline and apparently didn't set the parking brake fully. (I know, I should have left it in gear.)It rolled ten feet (I measured.) and hit a tree. It's now October 16th, and the car is still in the shop, awaiting parts. Audi says the parts are on nationwide backorder. Audi customer care is not interested in kicking in for the rental car charges, though I consider this to be beyond the pale.
    Basically I would suggest waiting until 2008 when the parts for the car might become available.
    If you plan to garage the car for a year, that might be a good price. If you plan to venture forth, it's a bit of a gamble.
  • codekcodek Posts: 9
    I'm looking for a used TT as well in So Cal but Coupe?

What dealers are the best to deal with.

I'm looking for either a black/black, silver, gunmetal 2004 or 2005

Would they lease these older cars. Contrary to the rest of the crowd, I don't like the new ones that came out.
  • Pacific Audi in Torrance has one for $23,900 dolomite grey pearl. I think theyve had it for quite a while and might want to get it off their hands but i think it has like 36000mi. I was able to talk them down on an 03 roadster to $22000 with 21k mi but i went with a cleaner 04 I managed to get for $23,000. I looked around quite a bit and it was hard to find an immaculate roadster with grey leather (i'm picky-i think grey looks nicer) so if you find one thats clean with low miles then work it.

Keep in mind the coupe's back seat is too small to fit an adult but good to throw stuff in. I love my ragtop I can put the top down everyday or night with heated seats and back window wind blocker.

You cant lease a used car as far as i know. I agree with you I prefer the older models but im sure in time they will start to look better.

I bought mine from audi santa monica. Priced at 28999 talked down to 23000 but I had to use price quotes in the area. Just take your time and be willing to walk away. I went in 3 times before buying. I think it just depends on where you find your used tt, there really arent that many good used ones around. There is one nice used lot on lincoln called Best Auto--the really have all clean cars, but always check the history reporty -the dealers can provide you for free. I think you should be able to talk any dealer down at least a couple grand. Look up the trade in value and go from there.

I like the blue coupe at keyes audi. Just depends on if you want automatic or manual. I enjoy the automatic with tiptronic since ive had it with the bumper to bumper traffic driving a stick... good luck
  • Well im not sure they are normal market prices since the tt was listed at $28999 2004 roadster in excellent condition I just talked them down to 23000 because other cars were selling around 24000 but a year older or not nearly as clean. just check kelly blue book for local listings. Not sure how hard these cars are to come by in Montreal. Location impacts the market price. Plus leather upgrades and quattro cost more but that does sound a bit high.
  • hxiehxie Posts: 1
    Got an offer for 2008 Audi TT 2.0:
    black/black
    premium package
    audio package
    MSRP $37,950.00

Out of door price is 36K. Don't be surprised. This car is a demo car and has 4k mileage.

I think it's a too good offer but little concerned if the car has some hidden problem. What's your point?