Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi TT Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

13»

Comments

• plan_manplan_man Posts: 97
    Mulligan,

Yes, Diablo Audi in Concord, CA, had a Meteor Grey on the showroom floor with Magma/black interior. It's striking, but not overdone, IMO. When I decided to go with red outside, it became important to me to go all matchy-matchy inside. It's a weakness! :blush: It was either that or Solar Orange with the orange/black inside for me. The fact that I would have had to order it and wait 90 days tipped the scales to red.

That said, I'm a big fan of Alcantara. In my experience it wears pretty well, cleans easily, stays colorfast and has a nice grip to it for a seating option.
  • big8pebig8pe Posts: 2
    floridacarwiz, thanks. I've agreed to purchase the car contingent on a mechanic's inspection. Car was in excellent condition and well-cared for. Guy has all maintenance records and has already replaced instrument cluster. My one concern is the timing belt. I cannot seem to get a straight answer either from him or dealership. He's had it inspected by Audi dealer at 60,000 and was told it was good for another six months or to 75K miles. He also says dealer told him it was good to 105,000 miles. He mentions a class action on this but I can't find it. Regardless, car is soon to be mine and I just plan to plunk down the money to have timing belt replaced and other stuff as mechanic recommends. But I would like to get more skinny on this belt issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Big8pe,
    Congratulations on your decision to puchase the TT. I wish you
    the best of luck. They are good cars, and like any other, wear and tear will occur. Just service the car by the book and you should not have a problem. I plan on keeping mine indefinitely and making it a project car. The next mods should be a larger turbo, injectors and an intercooler. The car runs like a top at 32,000 miles, and I am getting ready for a 35,000 mile service. Keep in touch on your travails, and best of luck with the fine Audi automobile.
    Elliott
  • mernemerne Posts: 2
    I'm looking at purchasing a '02 TT Quatro Coupe with 83,000 miles, for $8500. The seller says the only reason she is selling is because she is pregnant and needs a larger vehicle. I have wanted a TT since I read about my first one in 2000. I don't want to get caught up in my dream, without checking as much as I can. I did call the local dealer and they were able to tell me the car had been checked for the timing belt issue in '08 (recall), but doesn't indicate if there was a problem. Also they were able to give me the info on regular servicing on the vehicle through 2008. My seller claims she purchased 10/09, going to call the original dealer tomorrow to see if I can learn anything else. Any advice would be appreciated. Guess I'm a bit nervous because I don't usually spend money on myself. thanks!
  • Make sure the timing belt has been replaced, not just checked. The dealer will tell you its good for 100,000 miles, but they may go anytime after 60k, and then your in for a new engine. There was a settlement years ago with timing belts going before 100,000, and because audi said they were good to 100,000, Audi had to pay the repair bills.
    The only other problem area is the instrument cluster. There were a bunch of bad ones out there, but I would have thought most would have been replaced by now.
    Check it out.
    Had a mk1, great car. Had no major problems with it.See if you can get some type of warranty. Good luck.
  • mernemerne Posts: 2
    Steve,
    Thanks for the response. I found out from the New Orleans Audi dealer that the belt was okay when the inspection was done in '08. Also, she told me Audi extended the warranty to 105,000 miles (repair full damag if goes b4). I offered 8,200 and the seller excepted the price. I'm going to have a local German Auto mechanic replace the timing belt as soon as I have possession of the car. The peace of mind is worth it to me. The instrument panel was replaced in '07 or '08. I'm excited about my purchase, and look forward to enjoying my TT for at least a couple of years (while I can still get in and out of it! lol). Thanks again for your help.
  • Finally, FINALLY, I am in the market to buy my TT Roadster. I have been enthralled with this little car since I first laid eyes on one. :D I have narrowed the focus of my search to the '04 to '06 3.2L Roadsters (prior to the changes made to the body style in '07/'08) and am hoping to find one having all the options, especially heated seats for our cold winters.

:confuse:
    I would appreciate receiving input/comments on the following:
    * Were any significant (or not) changes were made between these model years?
    * Is my understanding correct that the 3.2L model came with 9-spoke rims? I have seen one (maybe 2) advertised as having the 3.2L engine but the rims were the 7-spoke type.
    * What known problems exist that I should want to avoid?
    My husband spoke with a salesman at an Audi dealership here in CO
    who mentioned that some TTs had electrical problems, others had
    problems with the back window.
    * What mileage would be considered normal (not excessive)?
    * What price range should I be anticipating?
    * Is there anything else I need to consider when choosing a car?

Thank you so much for taking time to read my post! I'd be so very grateful for any comments you'd like to offer!

~ Valerie
  • seabass84seabass84 Posts: 1
    was wondering if this is a good deal.. saw it on audis website..
    the kbb its 36790 its got under 24k miles.. but its listed at 29994.. i am in las vegas..
    i wonder how much lower i can get them to go.. was gonna go check it out tomorrow.
  • habuhabu Posts: 52
    I live near Seattle and was wondering if anyone has ordered a 2013 Premium Plus coupe lately either near me or in Oregon or California. I have on '06 A6 so I qualify for the Loyalty Bonus. I also am a USAA member and the price they show for a Black TT with Black Fine Nappa lthr, heated seats and floor mats is 38,772. This is about $2,300 under Audi MSRP. Just wondering if someone has recently ordered a TT and if they received any discount off MSRP?
  • philamanjarophilamanjaro Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I'm looking into buying a CPO TTS and was wondering if anyone had some insights to share on what a good price would be for a 2010/2011 with <30,000 miles.

I've found a couple '11s around 43k, but it seems a bit much considering I could get a brand new 2013 TTS for 47-50k! What's even crazier to me is that KBB lists the CPO price of a 2011 TTS with 20k miles (w prestige package) as $46,000! Do these cars not depreciate or what? Maybe I'm just not with the times but I've always heard that with a new car you lose 20% of your equity the moment you drive off the lot. In any case, how low should I shoot for if I try and negotiate on one of the '11s?

One thing I am trying to keep in mind is that there's a redesign of the TTS coming out next year (I don't like the looks of it). I'm not sure if or how this could effect my negotiation on a CPO price.
13»