Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• I just recently started looking at the R 350. The deals identified on this board look great, but i am having a difficult time finding an 06 (live near Philadelphia). Are there any dealers in the Northeast that are known to have 06 inventory? Are there incentives on the 07s? What is a reasonable negotiated sale price for a reasonably equipped 07? One dealer offered:
    $52,700
    $4500 down
    59% residual
    .00158 MF
    39mo, 12K
    $638 payment with taxes.
    Not a great deal by this board's standards.
    Any advice is appreciated.
  • for an '06 you need to find a big dealer with inventory. look in FLA, TX, CA. check ebay. a few dealers are offering up decent deals with $13500 off MSRP. there may be better deals to be had, but the landscape is changing every day and you need to find a dealer who NEEDS to move inventory and is willing to make under $2k on a car.

as for your deal, they quoted a MF below what MB is offering. i assume they can do it by making it up in cash at signing - which clearly they are doing with $4500 down. the residual looks correct. the 4500 clearly isnt buying down the monthly payment. is 52,700 the msrp?? post the msrp and the amount they are taking off msrp and somebody will run #s for you i m sure. or just find a lease calculator on line. edmunds.com has a good easy one. the long and short of it is you are looking at a bad deal....

here are resids/MFs for '07s -

2007 R350 4dr Wagon

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 66% of MSRP – .00165 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00165 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 50% of MSRP – .00165 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 44% of MSRP – .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
  • Thanks much for the info...
    The deal offered was MSRP, I assume. This was their initial quote(in a conversation with my wife), so haven't begun negotiating. Using a lease calculator, the $638 is accurate lease payment with the specifics i included.

I'm wondering what a resaonable starting point is for negotiating the price of an '07 -- especially if there are no factory incentives. What do you think?

Another question, if i find a dealer in TX or CA will most dealers ship cars long distances? What is the approximate cost?

Thanks again for your help.
  • Can't seem to find a car with a MSRP under 59K. Does anybody have any news on inventories? Fletcher Jones has 35 350's but they are all fully loaded. Starting at 59K to 68K. Also the packages in the 2006 models appear to be more expensive. Wanting the panoramic roof seems like a dream now. It is almost standard on the 2007. Maybe that is a better deal for that option?
    Help!
  • check edmunds for the invoice price on the '07. given that these are still not moving quickly, you should be able to get at least 25-75% of the "mark up" from invoice given how slowly i think this model is still moving. if '07 continues slowly for the R, expect factory deals to support leasing and buying again - doubtfully as good as '06 incentives, but who knows....
  • srexysrexy Posts: 8
    autotrader.com might be able to assist you with your research. Just do a search for new cars R350 06/06 and set the distance filter to unlimited. You should be able to get a rough idea of each dealer's inventory from the results that post.
  • hi808hi808 Posts: 3
    I am new to leasing. Local dealer has offered the following:
    2006 R500 executive car with 3000 miles (never titled). options include Parktronic, wood steering wheel, comfort package, Entertainment package, heating package, Auto air suspansion, Multi-contour seats, Panoramic roof, DVD nav, Sirius & keyless go (whew!).
    MSRP is 66,000 and sale price is 52,000.
    MF is .00435. Residual values are $44,789 for 12K miles per year and $43,452 for 15K miles. Monthly costs are are 750 per month for 12K miles and 800 per month for 15K. One pay leases are $17,300 for 12K and $18,500 for 15K. out the door for first month's payment, title & DMV fee.
    Is this a good deal? Do I have a basis for further negotiation? Thank you for all comments.
  • gtligtli Posts: 27
    R500 delivered to home in Vegas from dealer in Newport Beach

Noticed swirl marks, sales asst who delivered said no problem.

Took to dealer, FJ LV, they made me pay and wait for FJ CA to reimburse detailed, swirls still there.

Sales agent in CA said to bring to my own detailer (one of best in town ) to see if he could do anything.

If not, told me to let him know and....?

Not sure.

Very unhappy.

Advice? What recourse do I have?

CA dealer acknowledges was delivered that way.
  • I have encountered a standard .00400-.00380 MF with all dealers in the past 3-4 days. The R-500 is being discounted 14K-15,500 all over but the new MF outweighs the discount. Best offer so far has been:
    MSRP 63,865
    Selling price 49,865
    1095 Acquisition fee down
    27 mo
    MF .00410
    67% Res
    626 monthly

Our only requirement is the panoramic roof. Can't find any "Base" models left..anywhere. Tried Fletcher Jones, Walnut Creek and Beshoff
    Advice or direction would be appreicated.
    Thanks everybody.
  • i am pretty sure that the MF on the '06 500 went back to .0380 - costs us like $70-80 per month. the 350 has a lower mf. residuals are same. i think you can push for $15-16k off msrp for those dealers that have more cars than they want on the lot. they dont want these cars on the lot when unsuspecting buyers come in looking to buy an 07. sell those 06s to the sight unseen internet buyers like us who sit on these boards waiting to shave a few thousand and only give the dealers a grand or two on these cars. of course the risk is that they sell them and you either get no car over $1000 or so or you end up buying a $60k car and settling on colors and options...i m in the same boat.

also forget base models as best i can tell. most have msrps of $63-66k.
  • After more telephone "back and forth" than I could stand. Not to mention the BS I have encountered in the past few days. I called the last dealership within 50 miles and got a really decent starting quote over the phone. We drove down, test drove the car and not so long afterwards DROVE OFF THE LOT WITH A R500! For about $140 per month less than FJ, Walnut Creek or Simonson came up with.
    Not the best deal I have seen on this thread but we are really happy!!
    Got the panoramic roof and plenty of options to make the deal sweet.
    Here it goes:
    R500
    MSRP 62,600
    27months
    682 plus first month drive off (inc. DMV)
    $525.06 per mo

Would highly recommend CALIBER MOTORS in Anaheim Hills! They do have some 2006 left and they are dealing.
    Good luck.
  • wk1145wk1145 Posts: 1
    Just leased a R500 in the Los Angeles area (House of Imports) on October 5th.
    MSRP 65,685
    Sale Price 49,950
    MF .0360
    Residual 67% (44,008)
    1095, DMV, 1st month - out the door costs
    Monthly 560 + tax

Dealer still had 10 -15 06 R500s, lots of 2007s
    Also their current inventory of new cars is accessible on autonation.com and was helpful in finding available cars.
  • martinfmartinf Posts: 121
    You got a great deal! I am glad that your first time lease experience worked out so well! Keep in mind this particular set of circumstances may not be there in 27 months, so be sure to check back with the semi-professionals here at edmunds.com when it is lease-end time. I have leased 7 new vehicles since 1994 (I forgot a third BMW in a previous post when I said 6), but this was the first time that I had the awareness and the time to check with edmunds.com first. I had always assumed that the deal was set in stone at lease inception (Re: lease end purchase, lease extension, etc.). Apparently that is not the case. Come 27 months from now, Mercedes will be stuck with a lot of these R500's coming off lease. The Dealers would much rather have you lease another new one than to let you know you can negotiate with Mercedes Finance on either extending your lease for much less than your current payment, or, if you are so inclined, buying it for much less than your residual value would imply. For my future reference, I know your MSRP was $62,600, but how much was your "selling price" or discount from MSRP, what was your Money Factor, and what was your residual value. It would help me to know how competitive FJ, DTLA, South Bay, and Keyes were with your deal. Thanks and good luck!
    P.S. Good call on that R500 vs the R350. For a small increment in monthly payment, you got a much more powerful vehicle with just a slight diminution in MPG. With 0-60 in 6.7 sec vs. 8.1 sec, you will definitely notice the difference and it might save you in an emergency situation as well.
  • this deal does not make sense with the new MF at .0360. payment before tax should be around $575-600 mo. and your drive off is too low. the lease acq fee alone is a min of $795. something is not right here. was this a demo car with miles on it??
  • again, this deal does not seem right. i punched your numbers and come up with $558 mo. this one is close though....
  • ok, i jumped too fast....assuming you got slightly over $15k off MSRP, this deal sort of works. i didnt realize how low your msrp was... at 15k off, i come up with $530mo before tax.

but i stil dont understand how your drive off was under $795 at a minimum unless they "recovered" it as part of the lease (no a lot of room when they go $15k+ off msrp).
  • does anyone know whether 3% holdback is calculated based on msrp or invoice? does factory cash back reduce the base against which the 3% is calculated?? with $10k off msrp, the answer would significantly affect the holdabck
  • Holdback for R-class has been 5.5%, and Edmunds gives what I believe a conservative average of each Manufacturer's holdback. If there is a waiting list for a particular MB, I am sure that MB has a clause in their contract with all their dealers that the holdback is subject to market conditions, demands, and "manufacturer capacity". If I were MB, that's what I would stipulate. For the R-class, part of the "perfect storm" is the willingness of the abovementioned dealers to cut their holdback and thus profit for fortunate folks like us :)
    W. I. Simonson (Internet Department) in Santa Monica is now advertising all remaining R500's at $16,250 off MSRP! I still don't know for sure what the new MF's are, but $16,250 is still the best MSRP discount that I have seen.