Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mylt4mylt4 Posts: 21
    looks high, what is the resididual with 17.5 K miles?
  • I got min in May.
    07 R350 Pewter / Macadamia interior
    P2
    DVD entertainment
    Petwer paint, upgraded wheels, Lighting package, entertainment package, navigation.....basically fully loaded.

MSRP $63000
    Paid $57500
    CAP COST 51000. (6000 down)
    24 months/ 12000 miles

$560/month (tax included)

I too was wondering on the Wear and tear coverage.
  • Hello Car_Man,

Can you post the "special" 33 month MF and Residual for the R350? 15K miles.

Thanks!
  • matinomatino Posts: 3
    I am getting mixed advice from MB dealers on this. Please help!!

I drive 25,000 miles per year, should I lease or buy? One dealer is telling me that I should just pre-purchase my miles upfront and still lease. Another is telling me that leasing is not an option for me because I drive too many miles. Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

Also, doesn't it cost more to insure a leased vehicle than one you own?
  • mbman2mbman2 Posts: 18
    Mercedes of Novi has this lease

2007 R320 4Matic
    $329/mo
    10,000 mi a year
    $2500 due at signing

Good?
  • aharbouraharbour Posts: 5
    Hi
    I am looking for a 27 or 33 month lease on an R350 in New York City. Here is the deal i am being offered:

$518 a month for 33 months on a P1 package with a base color
    (metalic would be about $9 a month more). 12K miles a year

This deal works in everything, no money upfront. All i need to give the dealer is my first payment, $200 for registration, and $125 to the mercedes dealer (the car dealer is not a mercedes dealer).

Here is the bit that concerns me and the reason for the post. The dealer leases me the car out of the mercedes fleet car program (company car) which he saus is about 5K cheaper than regular retail. He does this by listing the car with a company that he lists all these type of sales with.

He assures me that it makes no difference to me as an individual - the car and lease payments etc are in my name, the car is listed at mercedes as a fleet car with the company that he uses.

Are there any problems doing this? The deal financially appears to be a great deal.
  • rtunisonrtunison Posts: 1
    Hello DWWS,

I am in the process of leasing an R350 with the P2 package that has a MSRP of $53,100.00. I looking for the current Lease Money Factor and Residual Factor for a 7500 mile per year 48 month lease with MBCC. Also, are you aware of a factory $1000.00 rebate on the 2007 R350 models?

Many thanks for your help!
  • shoc369shoc369 Posts: 2
    aharbour-

I am looking to get the deal that you got. Can you plesae tell me where you got that deal? I can't come anywhere close to that here in Ohio. Thanks.
  • bigcat007bigcat007 Posts: 16
    2007 Mercedes R320 CDI 4WD Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00405 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate

2007 Mercedes R350 4WD Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00100 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00100 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00100 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Posts: 17
    As of July 15th 2007, Mercedes Benz is submitting new rates, due to the unpopularity of their July rates.

Every one should wait for the new rates.

Good luck
  • shoc369shoc369 Posts: 2
    aharbor-

Thanks for the info! Did you actually do the deal or haven't you done it yet? I'm going to give them a call but I wanted to know if it all worked out for you.
  • I went to my local dealer to take a look at the 2007 R320 CDI and possibly take it for a test drive.
    They said they don't have any right now but expect to get some in late July. However he said they are likely to be the 2008.
    I would prefer the 2008 anyway since they're supposed to be cheaper but was surprised by the early date (I thought it would be more like September).
    Are the 2008 expected on dealers lot as early as late July? And if so will I be able to get a good deal if I buy one right away (say late July or early August)or should I wait until it sat on the lot for a while?
    What would be a good base rate for a lease for 24 months/10,000 miles?
    Finally what are the yearly dates that Mercedes has really good deals on leases (I can only remember their after Xmas sale)?
    Thanks
  • Anyone have any suggestions for finding this vehicle, I am ready to lease this immediately if properly equipped:

Must haves are P2 package with Front and rear panorama sunroof, Rear Entertainment package(DVD) heated seats. Nav system is nice but not required.

Preferred exterior colors are Desert Silver, Pwter, Barolo Red,

Interior: Macadamia/Leather with Walnut wood trim

Did new/revised lease rates/promotions for July get announced this week? Should the R320 lease for the same as the R350 assuming the exact options??

Thanks,

Ready to Lease!!!!!
  • Bigcat007,
    Can you please post the lease infos for July for the new 2008 R320 CDI.
    Also, can you give the invoice on that car for the base model, no options (I just want the 7th seat and my dealer called that I can go test drive one next week, so I need the invoice on it fast).
    I could only find the MSRP listed on the MB web site so far. I guess these babies are too fresh from the oven so no infos available on Edmunds yet.
  • rbautorbauto Posts: 5
    Looking to lease either an ML or R 350 depending on which vehicle has the best deal. I should be Tier 1 Credit. Could someone please give me some ideas of Residual % and MF. Lease would be either 33-36-or 39 months with 15,000 miles/year.
    Thanks
  • Hi
    A dealer has given me an estimate on an R350 but said that the car is coming from a new jersey dealership. I live in new york. Is there any issue here in terms of emissions etc?

do i have to lease from a new york dealer or can i shop anywhere in the tri-state area?
  • Quickly,
    Can anyone give me the lease infos for August on the new 2008 R class 320 CDI.
    I'm about to lease and think I'm being had. :confuse:
    Thanks
    Roxanne :shades:
  • Effective 8/7/2007
    2008 Mercedes R320 CDI 4WD Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00095 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00135 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00135 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes R350 4WD Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
  • 2008 Mercedes ML320 CDI 4WD SUV
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00250 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00290 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00290 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes ML350 4WD SUV
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00205 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00245 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00245 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00370 Base Rate
  • Thanks.
    What about the rates for the R350 2wd?
    Any discount on the 2008 models yet?
  • First let me say thank you to all of the hosts and readers/contributors - this forum/board is a great source of information for so many things automotive!!

Now my Question - We leased a 2006 Mercedes R500 at the end of the 2006 model year when factory and dealer incentives were almost too good to be true and R sales were in the toilet. We drove off with an R sporting a $62k+ MSRP for 27 months (leased) at $508 per month, nothing down other than 1st month payment and MB bank fee. $16k+ in cap cost reductions all came from MB USA and the dealer. While the cap cost along with a decent MF and residual yielded a great monthly payment, the cap cost and likely unrealistic residual are going to kill me at lease end. The 67% residual gives a lease buy out of $42k (for those who dont know it is based on MSRP NOT capitalized cost). Given the revised pricing of the R in 2007 and overall poor sales, there is no way this thing will be selling for $42k in 27 months - right now 2006 R500s are selling for high 40s after less than 12 months!!

I already know that I want to keep my R at the end of the lease - So my question is does MB USA negotiate lease end buy outs? I know some manufacturers like Honda maintain a "no negotiation" policy. Also since $10k of the cap cost reduction came from MB USA is there any argument that it should have reduced or did reduce the MSRP for purposes of calculating the residual? Assuming MB negotiates, is it fair at the time to see what dealers are selling similar used cars for and shoot for a value a few thousand less than dealer asking price recognizing that it costs money to go over/prep/clean an off lease car, warranty it, build in dealer profit and carrying cost?? Realistically, this car is likely to be worth somewhere in the mid to high $30s at the end of the 27 month lease with 30k miles.

I found one post in the MB "S" class section where MBFC offered the lessee a buy out price that was $9k less than the stated lease buy out (due in large part to a complete redesign of the S Class).

thanks for input!
  • i just recieved a qoute for a 2008 R350V4
    PO1 package /ipod/7 seat/glass sunroof/heated front seats
    msrp $51470 - cash price 50,000
    rate .00120 / term 33 months / res 61% - $31,396.70
    0 down exept first month taxes fees = 1717.10
    monthy payment $724.27
    is this a good price or should i try to get the price lower than $1470 off list?
  • martinfmartinf Posts: 121
    Hello, again, irishrogue1. I believe I had directed you over to the W.I. Simonson internet department about a year ago! Anyway, I just left a long post on mbworld.org, but the short-hand version is MB financial will re-negotiate the lease end buyout. I did the same calculations you did (I leased my 2006 R500 MSRP $60,120 with "just" an $11,000 discount,but my residual was 72% and MF was a bit lower than when you got yours. I actually did a single pay for about $12,900 for the 27 month/12k lease, so you did better by waiting until September),but my buy-out is even more ridiculous at $43,200 after two years! I called MB Financial and the representative had to admit that they will consider re-negotiating lease-end buyouts at market retail value at the time of lease end. I would have never thought this had it not been for another posting from someone else who had posted on Edmunds his experiences in both negotiating reduced lease extension payments and lease-end buyouts from MB Financial. I would love to hear from other people who have had experience, but I think us R class people are going to represent a very special problem for MB Financial if we all decide to walk away in the fall and winter of 2008 when the 2009 R classes are out, or, worse yet, discontinued. Best of luck with your R class and give internet guy at Simonson my best regards.
  • martinf,

let's keep in touch! we should compare notes when the time draws near....shoot me an email at sclancy_pb@hotmail.com

thanks
    Sean
  • martinf, i dont see your post on mbworld.....
  • martinfmartinf Posts: 121
    Sorry Sean, I meant to say benzworld.org. It is under the R Class threads, under the heading "R 350 cheap," one of the first threads in the forum. I am a few months ahead of you (July 27, 2006 lease inception), so I will have the time to post or email you my experiences.
  • Hello. I would like to lease a r350 2008 with P2,heated front seats,second row console,silver metallic paint. 12000 miles and approx 3yrs. MSRP according to mbusa is $54855. What is the invoice price and what would be a reasonable lease payment with 0 money down? Thanks for your time.
    marc
  • 2008 R350 2WD
    Iridium Silver
    7 seat option
    Glass sunroof (replace panorama sunroof)
    P01 package
    6 disc changer
    33 month lease
    10k/year (0.25c addtl)
    4000 total drive off (out the door including tax/ lic/ reg)
    519/ month including CA tax
    bluetooth interace module included at no charge (supposedly 420 value)
  • 2008 R350 AWD
    Pewter Metalic
    7 seat option
    Glass sunroof (replace panorama sunroof)
    P01 package
    IPOD integration kit
    6 disc changer
    33 month lease
    7500k/year (0.25c addtl)
    1700 total drive off (out the door including tax/ lic/ reg)
    475/ month including NY tax

I think I am getting a good deal. What do you think? I am about to sign off on it.