Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• merseemersee Posts: 11
    I just replaced my stock Continentals also at 27K miles as they were bald too! I put on the Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas also, but paid considerably more. My R350 is an 08 with 255/55/R18. I priced them at Costco and they quoted me $904 for 4 including tax, mounting and disposal. I ended up getting them at Tire Rack for $196 each and had them mounted locally. I only have them on for a couple of days, but the tires are fantastic so far...I will be happy getting more than 27K miles out of them! Good Luck!
  • fladanfladan Posts: 8
    Hi everyone. Love this site. I've used it in the past to work out my other lease deals. It gives you such a great foundation in order to go out and help you get that deal and not get ripped off at the same time.
    With that said. I'm working on a deal on an R350. I have shopped around for about 3months and this by far is the best deal i have received by far. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    2010 R 350 black/black
    msrp 60,515
    has every feature im looking for an is not in the dealers lot. They are bringing it in for me from another dealer.
    p1 package, sport package, panorama sunroof, heated front seats, leather/wood steering wheel, parktronic, entertainment system. Every feature and color i want.
    599 a month plus tax 39month lease/12k miles 1500 total out of pocket includes 1st months payment. Would love anyones input. Thanks.
  • sand529sand529 Posts: 24
    Seems like really good deal for a 2010. However, have you seen the 2011 yet?
    Yes I have. There really nice and sporty for a change. However I know that always when a new model comes out the first year there isn't really any heavy discounting.
    Have to wait a year at least right before the 2012 comes out to get discounts on new models. Thanks for your input sand529.
  • shivrajrshivrajr Posts: 4
    Hi fladan - That seems like a very good deal. Can you tell me which dealer? I am in NJ and the best I could get was 766 (includes NJ tax of 7%) and that is for the one without Ent. system. How much are the taxes for you?
    Hello Shivrajr I'm in Florida and my sales tax is 6%. When did you receive your quote???
    Hello Shivrajr I'm in Florida and my sales tax is 6%. When did you receive your quote???
  • shivrajrshivrajr Posts: 4
    Last week. What was your negotiated price for the lease? It has to be quite below the Invoice.
    Ok signed paperwork yesterday. its came out to 597.78 plus tax
    they up giving me a deal on the prepaid maitenance plan. Instead of 769 it was 500 so i paid that cash and didn't have it incorporated with my payment.
    I ended up getting price of vehicle for 48,795.00
    total gross capitalized cost of 51,258.00
    I have 39,000 miles for my 39month lease.
    I hope I did good:)
    Let me know if you need any info.
    Good luck!!
  • mightyjohnmightyjohn Posts: 7
    What was sticker price on this? Money down? What state is the dealer in?
    sticker on vehicle was msrp 60,515
    total out of pocket that included 1st months payment was 1500.
    State is Florida!!
  • dadofdadof Posts: 8
    Sounds like a really good deal. Could you please tell me the name of your dealer?
  • cscowdencscowden Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

What are the current lease rates and residuals for the R-Class? Any incentives currently with MBUSA?

Thanks
    Chris Scowden
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go, cscowden. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 R350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vman187vman187 Posts: 1
    I think you got a fantastic deal. I'm in the process of trying to lease the very car and can't seem to get anywhere near the numbers you are showing. I'm in Florida and would like to do business at the dealer that cut you the deal if you can tell me where that is.
    Thanks,
  • Does anybody have their residual price on 2007 and or 2008 R320 CDI? Or better yet, do you know what lease returns are selling for at Manheim?

Looking to buy a 2007 or 2008 R320 CDI with mileage below 50K and just trying to get another reference along with TMV.

coup
  • wtoshwtosh Posts: 1
    Hi, car man. I am hoping to lease a new R350 bluetec in the next week or two. I have been unable to find exactly what I want in a 2010 and may be forced to buy the new 2011. If the dealer has to place an order for the car (since they don't seem to be receiving the bluetecs yet), is it unrealistic to expect to be able to negotiate any significant discount under msrp? If I were to lease a 2010 R350 bluetec right now without everything in it that I am looking for, are the current incentives and lease rates such right now that the savings would be just tremendous, and ridiculous not to do? Please advise! Thank you!
  • The June MF was .00028? As in 0.67 APR?

I ask because I am comparing MF so that I can pull trigger on a 2010 or 2011 R350 when MBF has the best offer. I have a window of August through November and took a peak at June and July and saw your MF post of .00028.

Thanks for your time.
  • 4matic4matic Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    So I just signed up for a lease today in LA and I think I got a good deal, but don't really know for sure. Car is a 2010 R350 4Matic with P1 package, MSRP of 56,985 and I got them to come down $7,115 to $49,870. $1,500 of this was from an incentive for current Audi owners, so they only came down $5,615. MF was .00028 and residual was 48% for 10K miles and 36 month term. I was surprised by the acquisition fee of $1,095, $300 over what MB has on their web site ($795). The guy at the dealer said that it was because we were in California, but I don't know and I feel like I left some $ on the table here. Also, I assume that the residual # of 48% is correct for a 36 month lease and 10K miles. Carman, can you confirm? Total cap cost including acq fee was $50,965. My monthly before tax and no additional cap cost reduction came out to $677.82 before tax.

I looked at a 2011 R350 and while the residual was 56% for same terms, the MF was .0028, a lot higher than what I could get for a 2010.

At a certain point a lease is just a math problem and the drivers of a good deal are residual, MF and dealer discount from MSRP. Carman, can I at least confirm that the residual of 48% and the acq fee are correct for this deal? What is your opinion about the discount from MSRP? Any comments welcome from the forum as well.
  • Hi wtosh. As you suspected, dealers are usually more willing to negotiate discounts on vehicles that they physically have on their lots than they are on ordered vehicles. Having said that, I don't think that you should settle for full MSRP either. You should be able to negotiate some sort of discount on your ordered R.

The residual values on the 2011 R are better than they are on the 2010 model, but Mercedes is not providing any lease support on either of them right now.

You would however be leaving a whopping $6,500 dealer cash on top of whatever additional dealer discount you would be able to negotiate on a leftover 2010 R on the table by ordering a brand new 2011.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum