Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Ford Edge

Comments

• kgfordkgford Posts: 7
    I sell Fords and Subaru's and with the Edge Subaru better look out!! It will be more powerful, roomier and have more features than the B9 Tribecca. Personally I cant wait till the Edge hits our showroom. It will be a complement to the Freestyle (which will get the more powerful 3.5lt engine shortly, and get rid of the CVT trans.).
    So I will have both a 7 passenger mover and a 5 passenger mover that will get better gas mileage with AWD than Subaru can offer and if 6sigma continues their fine work we will have another winner just like the Fusion, and Ford will finally get the Freestyle the power it should of had. As well as one of the most powerful and fuel efficient V-6's on the market.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Next year, not this coming one, but the next (2008). Along with a a host of other features/toys, etc. and restyled exterior.
  • It is interesting how the Mazda alliance is saving Ford's hide. Nothing else seems to work for them. PAG is in the dumps. Trucks are in a free fall. Fusion and most likely Edge are their only successful models and both are based on the Mazda platform.

I really like Mazda's design sensibilities and Fords based on the turn out pretty nicely too. Going way back Mercury Tracer and Ford Probe were some of Ford's nicest cars and both were Mazda based. Mercury Tracer which was built in the same plant as the Fusion was probably the best built Ford product ever. They routine go 300000-400000 thousand miles.
  • lateralglateralg Posts: 929
    Thanks, ANT. When do you expect it to be available for sale?
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    No specific yet, other positive issues involved.
  • gil369gil369 Posts: 4
    Ran across a sweepstakes I thought I'd share with my fellow Edge junkies for a 2007 Edge: http://www.flashpointcommunications.com/FDAF-BOS-pepsi/

Sweepstakes is open to legal US residents of CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT and NY. It's being run by New England Ford Dealers.

Looks like the drawing is going to take place Oct. 8th. Does that mean that they might have some cars available by then?!!?
  • driverdmdriverdm Posts: 505
    I think the drawing takes place 9/16/06 or around there because that is when the ad says that the promotion ends. The drawing can't take place on Oct. 8th because the promo says the 25 winners will get tickets to a New England Pats game that day. It'd be impossible to win and get the tickets the same day and make it to the game. Thanks though, I am definitely entering.
  • When the Edge's crash test results and 'official' EPA mileage ratings will be available?
  • rbaughrbaugh Posts: 10
    You are able to drive an Edge today in Detroit:

http://fordracingevents.com/drive-zones/detroit-drive-zone

Just back form the event, you are only able to drive it for about a quarter mile a course in the parking lot, but worth it if you are interested in the car. My overall impression was positive if I can get over the reduction in size (current Yukon owner).
  • Details. We want more details! :D

Was it an SEL or SEL Plus? What color was the exterior/interior? Did you notice what size wheels it had? What brand of tires did it have? How did it handle? What was the acceleration like? Did the transmission shift smoothly? What were your impressions of the interior finishing?
    It was a fully loaded SEL "plus" w/ the vista roof & NAV, carbon metallic w/ the stone interior. It had the 18" chrome wheels w/ Continental tires (can't recall the model).
    As I said it was a limited drive (a longer drive would be needed for a full impression), but the acceleration, powertrain, and handling were great! It was a nice day so the windows and Vista roof were open so it's hard to comment on how quiet the car is. Fit and finish was good and tight but did notice some loose plastic covering the seatbelt mechanism on the SEL on display. Both the front and back seat have plenty of room, but the back storage looks a little small and there is no way they could have a third row in this vehicle. I will say the Vista roof really gives the car a much bigger feel to the interior and that the Camel interior on the display model looked better than I thought it would from looking at the pictures. If you have any other questions let me know
  • beerme1beerme1 Posts: 66
    By chance did you happen to get a price on the loaded model you drove? Was it AWD? And were there any EPA ratings on it?

Thanks for the info.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,747
    Did you notice what size wheels it had? What brand of tires did it have?

As I already posted the 17" tires are Hankooks and the 18" tires are Continentals.
    There was no pricing or EPA info. And honestly I'm not sure if was AWD or not. My guess is that it was not. :confuse:
  • beerme1beerme1 Posts: 66
    I still think this is a slap in the face. I don't understand why Ford would roll on Conti's after so many people with so many issues with that P O S tire on the Escape/Mariner. Hopefully it will be a different model.
  • albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    Ford needs to quit playing and design a freestyle replacement off the mazda cx9 platform. It's the perfect way to replace the'style which is too much station wagon! Sometimes it's good to improve ona good thing (500-has some potential) and sometimes it's good to bring w/ the new from the ground up!(see what happened whn ford tried to give 10 yr old Navi a face lift?) and i strongly doubt name would be fairlane
    I take it you haven't heard about the Fairlane?
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Um its called a Ford Edge, but no third row.

Mark
    Like I said, too much station wagon.
    too much station wagon

That's a strange statement since we haven't seen any pictures of it yet. Maybe you're confusing Fairlane with the Freestyle?
  • Continental CrossContact for the 18" wheels.

I just got an Edge NewsMag style ad in the mail today. All of the photos show a Copper SEL Plus with 18" Chrome Wheels sporting the Continental CrossContact.

The two-page spread photo of the interior showed the Camel. That's the color of interior that I ordered. It doesn't appear that the color is too yellowish in hue. I am glad about that. It did show a two-toned interior - Camel & Graphite. Graphite inserts in the door, dash and console. Brushed Aluminum and chromed accents. Graphite contrast stitching on the seats and no preforated leather. Looked attractive overall.

MPG reference mentioned mid-twenties. I assume that's hwy. Edge arrival - "Coming late fall 2006."

The "marketing message" of the ad appealed to me. The target market of this ad was definitely not families. It spoke adventure, spontaneity, fun, creativity, and uniqueness.
  • Sorry...my 2000 Mountaineer interior was sticking my mind I guess. Please replace all references to Graphite with Charcoal.
    I was referring to the concept. I wonder what the public thought of it.
    I guess I didn't see much station wagon in the concept, that's why I thought you were confused.

Not to squash anyones oppinnion, but I don't find a lot of attractive design in this concopt. was this at the show in 04 or 05?
    2005. And I don't think the production version will necessarily look like that. I'd expect a larger version of the Edge but more SUV like than the Freestyle.
  • I have an '06 Mercury Montego, FWD.
    I've been reading the suspension specs of the Montego & Edge; they seem to have the exact same suspension systems.
    Front Struts and linked independent supension.
    The reason I bring it up...I'm not thrilled with the Montego ride and am wondering,....would the rides be similar??!!
    I drive livery and when I have 5 passengers (including myself) in my Montego, it rides low; handles dips in the road poorly and bumps, such as bridge expansion/contraction spaces are hard hitting!
    Is there an upgraded suspension/springs I
    could add to the Edge, or am I not seeing something here??
    I know this vehicle weights almost 600 lbs more than my vehicle, so I guess I'm expecting a better ride with Edge's suspension.
    Thanks for any advice.
    VB
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    Think Range Rover will sue?
  • driverdmdriverdm Posts: 505
    Had to find some way to get some real money out of them.
This discussion has been closed.