Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Ford Edge

Comments

• Not only is the Acadia a better looking vehicle, but seems to offer more!

The 2007 Enclave.............
    is WAAAAAAY above the Edge in creature comfort!!!

Both of these vehicles have far more creature comforts and style, than the Edge!!!

Style, seems to be, what buyers are willing to pay for!!!

I believe, Ford...... is now.......in the business of catch up!!!!

Ford, just posted BIG losses!!!
    Even though, most of those posted, are one time losses!!!!

If any of you look at the competition mentioned, I can't believe you'll consider an "EDGE"!!!
  • heyjewelheyjewel Posts: 1,046
    "Seems to ?"

It's bigger, seats 2 more, has more room inside, larger tires, bigger engine, more power and the same or better fuel economy. It's a no brainer and I've NEVER considered a GMC product before.

The Enclave, never mind the Cadillac, promises to just kick the Lincoln's butt all over the place. And the price on the Acadia was about the same as the Lincoln. Ford has really overpriced these vehicles IMHO. Of course, I think everything is overpriced.
  • bruneau1bruneau1 Posts: 468
    The Acadia is too heavy, oink, oink. Drove another EDge yesterday, this time a FWD base model. I was impressed with the value, but the brakes were awful, worse than the not so good ones in the AWD i drove a few days ago. At this point, I would not buy an EDge until they fix the brakes. I can't imagine why Ford would even allow something like that to get through.
  • The Acadia is too heavy?
    That was funny.

Seems to? LOL!

I'm glad we all have similar feelings.
    I hope FORD (fix or repair daily)reads this forum!

Otherwise, they'll tank before 2010!!!

The competition is just tooooo strong!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too heavy by what standard? It's about 10% heavier than the MKX and has about 6% more hp. Seats more people, carries more cargo (117 cu ft vs 69 cu ft) and gets as good or better gas mileage. So what is your point?

Have u driven an Acadia?
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    'Not only is the Acadia a better looking vehicle, but seems to offer more!

Both of these vehicles have far more creature comforts and style, than the Edge!!"
    'Not only is the Acadia a better looking vehicle, but seems to offer more!

Both of these vehicles have far more creature comforts and style, than the Edge!!"

Wow, Buick and Style used in the same sentence, thats not something you see to often from anyone too young to collect social security.

This however is not a valid comparison for the following reasons:

1. the Enclave isn't even available for another 4 to 6 months, so no one "unless you work for GM" really knows what it looks like.

2. Buick website states the Enclave will start at about $32k. It is not clear if this is for an AWD. The leater version will go for almost $34k. EDGE starts at $25,995 for FWD and an AWD EDGE SEL with cloth has a sticker of $29,640 while a AWD EDGE SEL PLUS (leather) has a sticker of $31,395.

3. Enclave is a 7 passenger vehicle. Edge is a 5 passenger vehicle.

4. Based on the Buick Website, Enclave has more fake wood than a 1994 Towncar. This is clearly aimed at different customer than the Ford Edge with its brushed metal dash and "big [non-permissible content removed]" moonroof.

For our next lesson the Ford Focus vs. the BMW 3 series.

Mark.

Mark.
    This makes little sense to me. It's a "very good vehicle in all respects but too heavy ... " Where would you cut the 500 pounds? I suppose you could make it smaller and leave out the third seat? But that would be a different vehicle. The market is already loaded with 5 passenger CUVs. GM obviously wanted to offer an alternative. The Acadia does weigh about 900 pounds more than the Highlander, but it's got 80 more hp and holds 1/3 more cargo AND gets the same gas mileage. What do I care about the extra 900 pounds, especially since even you admit it's a 'very good vehicle all around'?

And blaming it on "America" does little to raise your IQ, at least with me.
    I guess your IQ missed the point, and mine doesn't need raising. Loaded and going up hills, the engine strains in the Acadia. It's the heaviest vehicle in its class and weighs more than some full-size.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    Loaded and going up hills, the engine strains in the Acadia.

Then I guess it's not really a "very good vehicle in all respects", is it? The point is not to complain about the weight - complain about how the weight affects the performance. Weight by itself doesn't matter.
    What did you load it with?

Did u bring a ton of bricks to the test drive?
  • So far, this conversation is now being rated...tisk, tisk!
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    This is the question I'm wondering about. Anyone have any insight?
    Quieter, heated and cooled seats, THX stereo, slightly nicer interior, styling, power liftgate. Whether all that is worth the extra $$ is a personal decision. I'm leaning towards the Edge since I like the styling and have a Fusion now but the wife likes the styling on the MKX better even though it's $6K-$8K more. We'll know more after the auto show in April.
    My two brothers and the salesman. Normal type load. Ok, I revise my statement: A very good vehicle in most respects. On another topic- has anyone checked out the brakes in the Edge? I hope my experience was atypical.
    The MKX I saw also had power-fold 2nd seats. Does the Edge have those?
    The MKX I saw also had power-fold 2nd seats. Does the Edge have those?

Yes, they're optional on the SEL, standard on the SEL Plus.

I also forgot the optional steerable headlights on the MKX.
  • colecole Posts: 67
    They call them power-fold seats, but I don't know that I would do the same... There is a button that's accessible from the rear of the vehicle that you push and the seats go down without you pushing on them. The don't come back up with the push of a button though. They behave like there's tension on a spring that's released when you push the button... It's a great feature, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't agree that they're "power-fold" even though the marketing literature states that they are.
    I guess I just assumed they work like the ones in my Navigator. Motor driven up and down. Smooth as silk. Did Ford find a way to save another $8.00?
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,209
    The way I see it the "power-fold" seats in the Edge are similar to the folding rear seats in the Mazda6 and Fusion. In the latter two you pulled a lever in the trunk, one on either side, and the rear seats would flop down. Very convenient IMO (I owned a Mazda6 for a while). There was nothing electronic about it, the lever pulled a cable to unlock the seat backs, and you had to push them up by hand through the back doors.

The Edge seems to have some sort of electronic motor that releases the seat backs making it some kind of "fold-by-wire" system with no cable to pull. Does that seem right?

Somewhat different but still the same result.
  • Response to the brake issue. I have an Edge and the brakes are just fine. when they did most of the reviews was back in Nov. and they pulled the Edge back to the drawing board. I've read some reviews also stating that it did have non-vinted brakes in the rear and that was why it took so long to stop, but it does have vented in the rear. I've tested the brakes time and time again and they work a lot better than my explorer......
This discussion has been closed.