Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Ford Edge

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    That may be a close contest. After all, the Explorer has an independent rear suspension something that only the Nissan Pathfinder offers among body on frame SUVs.

Go drive a Jeep product with its live axle pickup truck suspension then drive an Edge. It will be like getting into a sports car.

Mark
  • I came across a picture of a Mercury CUV on http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4219078.html
    This vehicle is supposed to be a model that was shelved by Ford, well anyway, so says the guys at Popular Mechanics. I think that they are wrong about this. I think that this model will be produced at a later date. This CUV looks to be the Mercury version of the Ford Taurus X. Look closely at the headlight cluster, the new satin aluminum grill, and the lower front fascia. They ALL look like styling cues from the 2008 Mercury Sable. :shades:
  • Compare these pictures. The first one is from the Mercury CUV at http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4219078.html and the second one is at http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-taurus-sable-on-track/293664/ , the fact that the Montego has been somewhat redesigned to become the Sable (once again), proves that this CUV had to have been designed recently. This Mercury CUV looks like it is going to be the Mercury version of the Ford Taurus X. What do you think guys?
  • duckguyduckguy Posts: 1
    We have about 2500 miles on an Edge Sel Plus, bought the vehicle after renting one for a weekend. Front seats are the main reason for the purchase as my back needs very gentle treatment. However, there are few items that I just can’t understand how Ford makes such poor decisions. Ok, the dash is littered with chrome-like and brushed aluminum finish that makes driving very unpleasant on a sunny day. The top of the dash has piece brushed aluminum that we’ve covered, it’s just too much of distraction. Light switch is just right for my knee when entering. Would like to have a power lift unit on the rear door, not available.

We like the vehicle, but gosh Ford people who is evaluating these vehicles?
  • markanmarkan Posts: 48
    We have 500 miles on our Edge and are very happy with it. One thing seems slightly strange and am curious if any other owners are noticing the same thing. In driving 60 to 65 the slightest acceleration or hill causes a downshift all the way to 4th, skipping 5th entirely. This is a very pronounced shift causing the engine to rev unnecessarily. I don't understand why it doesn't shift to 5th and then to 4th if needed. Anyone else noticing this? I plan to talk to me dealer.
  • jpplyjpply Posts: 2
    I have about 1700 miles on my sel plus edge,I havent noticed any shifting issues like you mentioned.I really like the edge except the milage is not great (15-18)city and (19-23)hwy.
  • Can someone tell me which car rental agencies have Edge's. I am heading on vacation soon and would like to rent one.
  • I too have found the forward tilting headrests to be a problem. However, when I removed the headrests and reversed them (tilt to the rear), I found them to be much more "user friendly". This may be an easy fix for those who have issue with the headreasts.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    When you flip the headrests, you are seriously degrading the performance of the vehicle when you get REAR ENDED. Rear enders are probably the one form a accident that is hardest for the driver to do anything to avoid. You are just sitting there minding your own business and you get slammed.

The Edge received a "Top Safety Pick" designation from IIHS based on having the best results on FRONT, SIDE and REAR impact.

Good rear impact performance relies on the HEADRESTS.
    http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=599

Also, it is documented that Women are at a greater risk than men of suffering whiplash in an auto accident and have a greater risk of delayed recovery.

http://www.backpain.org/pages/p_pages/pr-women.php

I strongly suggest that you just recline the seat a little so that the headrest is NOT hitting your head.

If you feel like you are back to far, you can then use the height adjustments on the seat to tip it forward. This will not change the position of the headrest relative to your head.

Mark.
  • When they say power mirrors, does that include power folding of the mirrors, or just adjustments?

Anyone know?
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    ...only adjustments...the power folding that I have seen is in 'high buck" cars
  • Thanks. Yeah, I figured, though I thing a few minivans have it now, so, was hoping.
    ..don't be discourage..the EDGE has many other interesting features...
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 643
    One feature which the new Edge does not offer is a rear cargo cover. This is a relatively small detail but good vehicles are comprised of small details properly attended to by their manufacturers.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    They're available as a dealer accessory.
    The mirrors or the cargo cover?....
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    The cargo cover.
    ..thanks glad to know since I am going to get an EDGE 08 towards the end of the year..are you in the EDGE forums too?..
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 643
    Funny. I was told by two dealers that there was no cargo cover available period, accessory or standard equipment.
This discussion has been closed.