Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa

Comments

• flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    They are avaialbe right now, I have 07 Versa 1.8 SL with the CVT. The dealer I got mine from had 3, one base but with a 6 spd, 2 SL's with CVT. The dealer told me that they ordered most of the base Versa w/the 6 sd. I'm sure you well be able to get one with the CVT, ask your dealer what they are due to get in...

Tony :shades:
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    This forum is screwed up. You are all arguing Fit vs. Yaris vs. Versa.

TO me thats like trying to decide between which of the three recent playboy playmates would be best to take on a date.

Or which college you should choose: Harvard Yale or Princeton...(Stanford Berkley or UCLA for you west coasters)

If you have actual in car experience you would like to share please feel free.

If you have questions, please ask them.

If you have never sat in either the Fit Versa or Yaris and just want to spout mindless unoriginal opinions based on "information" you read somewhere I suggest you think twice about it and maybe consider getting a hobby.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    You are ranting in the wrong topic. Rant hereYaris/Fit/Versa

Also, what relevant point were you attempting to make regarding the Versa?
  • jbmeehanjbmeehan Posts: 5
    I know the SL model is available with the CVT trans right now. What I can not get is an accurate answer from any of our Nissan dealers in my area when the CVT trans will be available on the base Versa. One dealer said September but who knows if that is correct.
  • cjshowcjshow Posts: 16
    From what I understand from all I've read about the versa: The base model, or "S" trim is available in a 6-speed manual OR a 4-speed traditional automatic, with "late availability" (the same wording was used for the upcoming sedan version, which I've heard will arrive in either late fall or January). The upper trim level, the "SL" comes with either the 6-speed manual or the CVT. Therefore the CVT is only available on the "SL" trim, not the base "S" trim level. I strongly suggest you go to nissan's website and build your own using the "S" trim to confirm what transmissions are available. Don't count on dealers knowing anything. The ones I've talked with barely knew what the Versa was; and the Honda dealers weren't any better (didn't even know the Fit was 5 years old and was called Jazz in other markets).
    well I have read in may magizines is there is a shortage of CVT transmissions so Nissan will use a 4 spd unit in some cars for a while. So maybe the Dealer might now alittle more then we all think.

mschmal you are completely wrong regarding the FIT, YARIS and VERSA. In the automoblie world they are all concendered "entry level" cars from there manufacture, so you HAVE to compare them. IF someone wants the least expensive car then, they are the 3 thatyou compare. Just because the manufacture markets them differently doesn't mean "WE" are consumers are wrong.

Since I'm the only one in this Forum (currently) who has a Versa, and has looked at all three, then what I write is not "mindless unoriginal Opioins".

• 719b719b Posts: 216
    i've been following this forum for a few months and i think everyone missed smchmal's point... or maybe i did?
    if i understand his point, he wasn't referring to you or anyone giving a review of their experiences in any of the entry level cars.
    he seems to object to the people that are comparing the three cars(yaris, fit, versa) and didn't drive any or all of them. they are using "expert" opinions for their arguments as to which car is better.
    if this was his point, i agree... it is mindless.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,681
    Are you saying then that these discussions about new cars shouldn't start until the cars are widely available for people to drive?
  • 719b719b Posts: 216
    not at all. it think half the fun when in the market for a car is research and getting input from drivers that have experience in one or more of the cars you're looking at.
    what i find pointless is when two people argue endlessly about cars they only have read about. neither of them have done a driving comparison, yet they seem to think they can talk about the subject with authority.
    talking about the features you like in an upcoming model makes sense, but to say one is better than the other is ridiculous.
  • jbmeehanjbmeehan Posts: 5
    I did talk to a dealer rep who said the CVT would be available on the base Versa in September. She is double checking her date.

Do you know where I can buy aftermarket products for the Versa? I am interested in adding a front center console and running lights if I buy the base model.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Thanks 719b for understanding where I am coming from.

Incidently, I would love to hear what peopl are paying for the car compared to MSRP.

It appears there is very little mark-up. Did anyone pay over MSRP?

Keep in mind that if the dealer added things to the car and they usually charge a steep profit for things like "door edge guards" or "undercoat".

Mark

ALSO at my dealer we sold our first three SLs, don't expect any more until Aug.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,136
    I have the brochure, and that agrees with what has been reported in the various reviews. The S model gets a normal 4 speed AT, and the SL gets the CVT. Who knows if they plan to change that in the future.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• wulfgarwulfgar Posts: 38
    I haven't picked mine up yet but we were quoted $ 13,750.00 on ours which lists at $ 13,950.00 (6-speed S with Power Package and trunk/floor mats). Seems a fair price and reached with a minimum of fuss. These don't seem to be bringing the attention the Honda Fit did/does at the dealer - which is fine by me.
  • ddomingoddomingo Posts: 6
    Hi to all 2007 Versa owners,

Just purchased a brilliant silver Versa last Saturday at South Chicago Nissan.
    Its a 1.8 SL CVT with convenience package and paid $16,616 MSRP.
    Driving it a lot since Saturday and got 70 miles on it already and just great riding.
    But tonight while my wife is driving it, the brake, battery warning lights and sound suddenly went on and continued for about 5 minutes while driving then it disappeared.
    Here driving is okay and we were wondering what triggered it.
    Should I bring the car to the dealer to have it checked for loose connections or is it just normal for new cars that still needs to be break-in?

:confuse: :confuse:
    stickguy, it has been reported in this forum that in the first part of production the base Versa hatchback well get a 4spd auto, Nissan is having problems getting enough parts for the CVT, so they are placing them in thier money maker the "SL"

• Hello. Congrats on the new car!! While I don't own a Versa I can say that if my new Fit did that I'd be at the dealer the very next day. New car break-in period refers to the mechanical wearing in of a new engine. The car's electronics, conroled by a central computer, should work properly from the very start in the same way that a new home computer doesn't need to "break-in". If I were in your position, I'd take in and have them run a diagnostic to make sure all was well. Good luck!
    I'm sure once the dealers have enough cars in stock, you shouldnt have a problem getting what you want at the Nissan Dealer... But why a base model ?

Congrats, and yes that seems like a fair price, One of the problems I see is that nissan dealers don't know much about the cars, so its hard for them to really introduce them. Which is fine with me..

So far 188 miles and loving it.

Congrats..... I would take it back to the dealer, I'm sure the computer saved the error codes and the dealer can see what happened...