Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa

Comments

• bikedorianbikedorian Posts: 48
    The only point I was trying to make is that at $14,995 the Versa is a pretty good car. at $18,800. I'm not biting.

Like any other auto, the Versa is available @ multiple price points so picking out one point has what value? If you'd pay 14,995 for a fully loaded Versa, who wouldn't? If you'd pay 14,995 for a basic Versa S, dealers would line up to sell it to you.
    No Focus (hatchback & wagon) I test drove recently had as good a ride as the Versa. Go figure.
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    What kills the Focus is the interior.

Yup. That is one cheap-looking thang.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    Sort of funny that you'd jump from a $15K Versa but that if it went to $19K then you spend another $8K for a Fusion or even $33K for an Altima. Your price range is pretty broad and the cars you're looking at are all a little different.
  • theyurostheyuros Posts: 5
    Versa S HB, bought new last week.

I've been driving for about 18 years now, so I *think* I have this whole "starting the car" thing down, but for some reason this car's ignition is fickle. Either that or I'm doing something wrong.

Sometimes it starts fine and others, it takes me several tries for it to start. There is no sound, the "idiot" lights engage, but the car just does not start. I was trying to start it with the doors open (kids don't like climbing into a hot car), and thought maybe that was the problem. No. Do I need to depress the brake? No. I tried stopping on "on" for a second instead of just cranking it over. Again, no sound emanates from the engine. Just like when you try to start your car when it's not in park (yes I have done that, many years ago in college. That AAA guy was VERY understanding!).

Am I the only one with this issue? I feel stupid, like I'm missing a step? SOMETHING??

PLEASE, shed some light on this for me!
  • lemonhaterlemonhater Posts: 110
    The only thing I can suggest is you turn the key all the way till it stops. The idoit lights engange quite a bit before the car starts. Otherwise take it back to the dealer.
  • lemonhaterlemonhater Posts: 110
    "The only point I was trying to make is that at $14,995 the Versa is a pretty good car. at $18,800. I'm not biting. "

At $18,800 the versa is no bargin. For that much you could buy a car in the compact class. However most people will pay far less than 18,800.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,597
    Well living here in PHX, we get a lot of cars from mexico up here, today while driving I saw this cream colored car, and noticed the licesne plate and it was from mexico so in my mind it was a car not sold here. To my surpise it was a Tida (or US Versa) sedan. Differenlty not in a color that we can get, but I was very surpised to see the name Tida on the car and not Versa. Here is a link to the mexican Tida web page, interesting to look
    at
    http://www.nissantiidasedan.com.mx/
    funny thing is, the Versa has more room then any compact car...
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686
    Not quite. Both the Sentra and Elantra, considered compact cars although they have mid-sized interior room (as does the Versa!) have more interior room overall. But the Versa may have more usable legroom in back than any of them, especially in the SL with the driver's seat set up high and forward--then it's practically limo-like for the passenger behind them.
    Just helped a friend move some stuff yesterday morning. No way we would have gotten all that into a Sentra. Some items were just too big for a sedan.

David
    then he should have bought a Versa Hatchback...
  • versa07versa07 Posts: 8
    I don't know where this conversation started, but there is NO comparison between ANY NISSAN and the Elantra! My ex has an Elantra. It was the most uncomfortable car ever! And you could hear all the outside noise as you're driving down the highway. It was SO loud you couldn't even hear the radio. No wonder they have great prices/warranties..their vehicles are poorly constructed (in my opinion!) You get what you pay for. I can't speak for any other Versa owners, but I LOVE my car! Love it, love it, love it! Every single person that ever rode in my car said, "Wow, there's a lot of room in here!" They also love the looks and the feel of the car. We're even taking it to Florida from PA with THREE KIDS aging from 5-13! That'll be the true test of the Versa! lol
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    Hi...

Anyone know of a website with the 4-1-1 on the 2008 version of the Versa 5dr and sedan?

I'm eager to find out what Nissan has in store for this model.

Please inform...

Many thanx!

Peace<- :shades: --
    Your ex has the '07 Elantra, which is a new design? If not, have you driven a '07 Elantra? (Just so we are comparing apples to apples here.)

The conversation started when someone posted that the Versa has a bigger interior than any other compact. I pointed out that there are at least two other compacts, Sentra and Elantra, with more interior room than the Versa. The Versa hatchback has a larger max cargo capacity than those two sedans of course.
  • jd10013jd10013 Posts: 779
    The car is less than a year old, don't expect any major changes for awhile.
    True...The Versa has been SOLD in the U.S. for about a year, but the design (known in other parts of the world as the TIIDA) has been around for a few years. There may be changes after all and if there are improvements of some sort those "changes" may be reflected in the '08 version that we get from Mexico...

Close, but no cigar friend...

Peace!<- :shades: --
  • versa07versa07 Posts: 8
    I believe it was an '06 Elantra. Either way, the Versa, by far, has more room than the Elantra. I don't think the Versa has more "cargo capacity" though.
    the car's not going to get any major redesign after 1 year of sales. Hold your breath if you want, but nissan isn't going to spend the money to redesign a less than one year old car. the TIIDA and the versa arn't the same cars, although the versa is bassed on it. the versa (in order to be sold in NA) has to meet different emission, safty, and other standards.

But, the car is selling well, and should stay around a while. when they do, I'd like to see them go back to the original concept car.

"I'd like to see them go back to the original concept car."

Definitely a good looking vehicle but it loses much of it's practicality by eliminating two doors. I think the concept car would appeal to a smaller group of buyers. I wouldn't have purchased a two door but 30 years ago, I did (VW Sirrocco). So to some extent, I've become more practical at the expense of fun & excitement.

David
    The '07 Elantra (new design compared to the '06) does actually have more interior (passenger) room than the Versa, but the Versa hatchback has more cargo room than the Elantra, since it's a sedan (until the new Elantra wagon arrives next year).
    would be nice though to see it show up as an se-r varriant in the next redesign.
    Oh man......Who mentioned anything about a new redesign with the '08 Versa? I speak of improvements, not redesign. I KNOW the Versa is NOT the TIIDA, friend. What you say I know, and you're going way beyond with my simple inquiry input here for this Nissan. You're off key, but so be it. I need not hold my breath for a "redesign" cuz it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I'm well aware of that. But Nissan can still improve its current version. It probably will, as time goes on, hopefully beginning with the '08 version. This IS/WAS my point!

That's it!

Peace!<-- :shades: -
    my appoligies then, I mistook what you were hoping for. But out of curiosity, what changes/improvements would you like to see made to the car?

My top choice would be a 2 door sports coupe version like the original concept. I've always thought tuner cars should be 2 door. the four door sentra se-r, and se-r spec v just don't look right as a sedan.
    Two things that would make the Versa just about perfect for me (well, ok, not perfect but a lot more desirable) would be standard ABS and re-designing the rear seat so that it folds flat. Tuning for higher fuel economy would be nice also, but considering the car is more like a compact than a subcompact, its fuel economy isn't that bad.
    "re-designing the rear seat so that it folds flat."

I did a homemade fix for this. I built a riser in two sections. They're light weight so are easily taken out when not in use which is most of the time. They can be used with a top platform or left open so that little storage space is lost in the trunk. I could spray paint them to better match the interior but since I'll use them to haul mulch and compost (in containers) most of the time, I don't see the point.
    What I would have liked to see was a front passenger seat that folds flat like some of the competition (Matrix). I was able to get six foot sections of lumber in the car with the hatch closed so longer pieces with the hatch open would be no problem. It would have been easier if the front seat folded flat.

David
    Well, the JDM Tiida has a major suspension retuning done after only a year of its release in 2004, so anything can happen where you cannot see. My sources in Japan say that, at least for the Tiida, no major changes are forthcoming in the near future (cosmetic changes expected in late fall 2007 in Japan). Whether any such changes actually transfer over to the NA market's Versa remains to be seen. I personally bet against that.
    I think that the luggage box that they have available for the JDM Tiida is the best solution, and I hope that they will bring that accessory here. It not only creates the flat luggage area when the rear seat folds, but also creates a nice underbox to conceal things. The trade-off is the lost volume in the luggage area when the rear seatback is raised, but that luggage box should work for most people.
  • netranger4netranger4 Posts: 149
    I'm wondering if the Versa Hatchback has underpinnings or moutnting points for a manual wheelchair carrier? Haven't seen one on a lift to see what the underside looks like.

Perhaps someone out there has had a similar requiremnt.

Any assistance appreciated.
  • danzigdandanzigdan Posts: 50
    Just an observation. I stopped at the dealer this morning to see what they had and I counted about 12 SL models on the lot and not a single S model! A few weeks ago it was the reverse--they had about six S models and I think only two SL.

I still find it annoying that of all the SL models only about 1/3 had the ABS package.

I did see two Versa sedans as well.
    Which dealer?

David