Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ericusnericusn Posts: 1
    Just leased a 2007 CLS 550 withPO1 option through Apple Leasing.

MSRP: $71,815
    Purchase price: $70,157
    Down: $5,388 (includes 1st payment and TTL)
    Length: 39 months
    Payment: $1,079
    Residual: 32,257

Apple leasing was great and I highly reccomend them. I started talking with National Vehicle Leasing. They offered a lower monthly price but th lease term is 60 months which they try to hide, obfuscate and misrepresent in every way possible.
  • ms09ms09 Posts: 112
    Hows the cl class?
  • rgriff436rgriff436 Posts: 1
    I live in Maryland and Im looking for an 2006 500. I see on other sites they are going for about 55k with avg miles. What is a good price to look for and is it too late to lease an 06.
  • ericusn,
    Are the schedule maintenance visits included in the lease with Mercedes? I've heard they are not... if not... what is the usual cost of the 13-15k scheduled maintenance visit? Thanks,
    jd
  • kerbkerb Posts: 88
    Hi, could you please provide current lease buy rates and residuals for 24, 27 (if any), 36, 39 and 42 month leases with 10K and 12K miles. Also, are there any current incentives (rebates and/or marketing support) available. Thx.
  • Currently driving a S500 coming off lease next month. Looking at the '09 CLS and the BMW 650. Both are nice, I'll go with whoever gives me the best deal.

I'm a long time Mercedes driver, so the dealership wants to keep me as a customer and I've told them I'm looking at the BMW 6. She left a message for me today saying "We can be really aggressive, let us know what your expectations are and where you'd like to be."

So what I need is an "aggressive" but realistic lease quote. Obviously I don't want to be focused on the per-month price, but rather, the actual selling price and go from there.

Let's assume I want a fairly loaded CLS, it doesn't have to have the sports package, but that'd be nice. I don't see any in stock on their website http://www.benz4ever.com so I don't really have one to work with (as I know that'd be helpful).

So without asking them to lose money, plus take into consideration any kind of demand... can someone recommend a good "aggressive" lease quote for 36 months 15K per year? Prefer nothing down other than what is required to drive off.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Currently driving a S500 coming off lease next month. Looking at the '09 CLS and the BMW 650. Both are nice, I'll go with whoever gives me the best deal

If you could go a little more further, I'd say the CL is a lot better than the CLS or the bmw 6 series.

Its 1 of the worlds best luxury coupe,

Again I'll say if you can afford look at the CL at least once.

The CLS is about a 3 year old model, and the 6 series is also about 3 or more years old.
  • mi7mi7 Posts: 31
    Hi guys, I bought a Lexus gs 8 momth ago and am frankly bored. I'd like my next car to be a cls550 with amg kit ( not 6.3 amg)

Can anyone tell me where to start the negotiation process. I'm looking for at least p1 package with nav... Please help. Credit is probably tier 2 or 3 right now
    More info - the payoff amount of my gs is $38k...a dealer just told me there will be negative equity of $7k.

Btw the quit I got is 83k for sport, amg styling, and premium. What do you guys think
    Just got a quit for $950/month including tax and 5k down. Is this good?
    omg why is it so hard to get a loan these days...got denied by mrrcedes financial even though I've got 720 fico and make $10k a month. This is crazy.
  • Hi, hope this discussion is still active. Anyway, looking at a 2011 CLS550--found one via a leasing site that says $649 month, 39 month lease, 7,500 miles per year. Is this legit? Also, why are all these leasing companies in NY area?

thanks!
  • bwest1bwest1 Posts: 9
    Just saw the 2012 CLS550 at the dealer today, they will be available for sale the first week of June. Can you get the MF buy rate and Resid on this car for 36 and 39 months @ 7500 and 10k miles per year? Many thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi bwest1. I've heard that the 2012 CLS is amazing. I haven't had a chance to drive one yet, but my friend has and he loved it. Not surprisingly, Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on it. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor should be around .00240 or so for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1" credit tier.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a '12 CLS550 with 10,000 miles per year is 58%. The residual value for a lease with only 7,500 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lee_tymelee_tyme Posts: 3
    car man,

hypothetically speaking what would be the residuals for 36 and 48 months 15k miles per for the '12 cls. i know the numbers havent been released yet but im just trying to do my homework. also the money factor should stay at .00240?
    Latest 2012 cls lease

$999/MO

39 months
    Base MSRP $71,300
    Premium Package/ P1 $4,390
    Active Multicontour Driver Seat $660
    Parktronic $970
    Transportation Charge $875
    Total MSRP $78,195
    Suggested Dealer Contribution $0
    Gross Capitalized Cost $78,195
    Customer Down Payment $3,679
    Net Capitalized Cost $74,516
    Term (in months) 39
    Residual 58%
    Money Factor 0.00210
    Monthly Payment* $999
    Customer Down Payment $3,679
    Acquisition Fee $795
    First Month's Payment $999
    Amount Due at Signing $5,473
    Mileage 10,000
    Total Miles 32,500
    Vehicle Turn-In Fee $595
    Total Lease Payments $38,961
    Total Payments $43,435
    Residual Value at Lease End $45,353
    There's no need to be hypothetical, lee_tyme. The residuals for the new CLS are here :). The standard money factor that you mentioned is correct.

Mercedes-Benz Finance's June residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 CLS550 with 15,000 miles per year is 55%. The number for an otherwise identical 48 month lease is 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks my brother
    No problem lee_tyme.

Car_man
    Host
  • 63amg63amg Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hi, it's my first time posting on this board, but I have been a follower on edmunds for over 10 years.
    I went into the dealer yesterday just thinking about a test drive, but winded up bring home my dream car. Unfortunately, I wanted to buy, but MB Financial was only offering a lease to me. I really want to keep this vehicle for a long time and baby it for many years, but I am kind of bummed that I will be paying more for this vehicle in the long run. I think I got a good deal, but I wanted you guys to chime in and tell me what you think. Also, what are your thoughts on keeping the car after the lease has matured. Will that financially make no sense? Here is the breakdown.

Term: 24 mos
    MSRP: $105,000
    Purchase Price: $98,573
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: $16,544 (from trade-in equity)
    Residual Value: $69,418
    12k miles/yr
    Monthly payment: $1,185
    * the money factor is not stated on my contract, but the dealership said that it is the standard lease and is the approximate equivalent of 8% APR. I can't negotiate the money factor, right?

Also, they tried to sign me up for a 48 mos lease, but I changed it to 24 mos. (at 36 mos the monthly payment went up a little) Is 24 mos lease, ok?

Thank you in advance for the input. Given the new model and all, I think I got a fair deal, but still feel a little "hustled" into a lease rather than a traditional loan. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • Please whats the money factor and residual value for 2012 Mercedes CLS 4matic for lease 36-39 months? 15k miles/month
  • Ferrisd, Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CLS 550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank u so much car_man, so did Mercedes change residual from 54% to 55% for December 2011 on CLS550 4matic for 36 month lease 15k miles/year?
  • Hi ferrisd. Yes, 55% is the correct residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2012 CLS550 4Matic.

Car_man
    Host
  • mx122mx122 Posts: 1
    Hey there! How are you enjoying your CLS63? I'm thinking about leasing one too, but the dealer near me says that the MSRP price is not negotiable. How did you negotiate $6,427 off MSRP? Also, do you have the money factor? They also quoted a money factor of .003XX (so its about 7-8%).

Thanks!
  • not sure if you pulled the trigger aleady, but i think .003xx MF sounds a lot. have you tried to talk to another dealer? i'm also thinking to lease 4matic this month. i'll let you know how it goes.
  • Hi Car Man,
    Thanks in advance for your help. Deciding between a cls63 and cls550. Do you know the March residuals and Money factors ? (tier I credit) Are they the same for both vehicles? One dealer is telling me the cls550 money factor is .00195 and the cls63 .003! Another dealer about 200 miles away is telling me I can get close to the .00195 money factor on the cls63. Also, do you know anything about the USAA discount? Thanks so much for your help!
  • Sorry,
    15,000 miles 39 month
    I sure do greenwillie. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CLS550 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 CLS63 is 54%. Mercedes is not currently providing any support on this car right now, so its money factor would be whatever Mercedes-Benz Financial's standard rate is in your area right now. If your credit is in good shape, a money factor of .00300 is way too high. You should probably be more like .00250 or possibly less. Again, this may vary by region though.

I know that USAA has special incentives for its members on Mercedes-Ben vehicles, but I don't know the exact amount of that offer on the CLS.

Car_man
    Host
  • dannye350dannye350 Posts: 28
    The incentive from USAA currently is $3000 off a CLS
This discussion has been closed.