Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Eclipse Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• char57char57 Posts: 2
    Do you have the 07 Consumer Report for the SE Eclipse?
  • char57char57 Posts: 2
    Does anyone have a Consumer Reports New Car Price Service for a 2007 Eclipse SE?
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,400
    Why not just get Edmunds TMV for free?

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• okimadokiokimadoki Posts: 1
    That's funny. You got yours at Lonestar Mitsubishi in San Antonio. I got mine there too. Drove all the way from Austin. I got it the end of March for 16500 in black incl. Sunroof. They were super nice and gave me great interest. Took a little negotiation but Highly Recommended
  • barbslbarbsl Posts: 1
    I negotiated what I think is a good deal on a new 2007 Eclipse Spyder GT with the Premium Sport GT Package and the Accessory Package. 27,584.95 for the car, when invoice according to Edmunds is 30,127 (including a $625 destination fee, which I try never to pay, which would make it 29,492). My 27,584.95 price includes a $500 college grad rebate. I didn't finance through Mitsu, so I don't really know how the dealership did it, but apparently there was "another" $500 rebate which they gave me (the only one I came close to qualifying for made me finance w/ them, but whatever). That would still put me at 28,492, so I'm guessing this dealer really wanted to push this '07 off the lot. W/ all my fees (8.25% tax, various CA fees- doc prep, license, etc.), I was at $30,150 OTD. A good deal, I think, though things did get unpleasant in the end. But oh well, as long as I find no problems with this car (and it's new, so hopefully there shouldn't be), I am all good.

My advice, find the dealer who has several of the older models on his lot (including the one car you would actually buy, so no need for dealer trade), and go from there. Of course, do like Edmunds advises, and only talk OTD numbers.

BTW, thanks, Edmunds, for all the great tips- this is my second car purchase, and I used y'all to get a decent deal both times.
  • What should we be paying outright, 2008s are on lot
  • Considering the two cars above. Need a car for 2 years and then will sell it after two years. Va beach area. Any help in terms of prices paid appericated. New to Mitsu.
  • 2008 Honda Accord coupe---$29000

2008 Nissan Altima coupe--$26000

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse--$25000

Base model,auto. MSRP

• My old college beater car is on its last wheel so it's time to pony up and get a new car. I'm looking at the 07 GT model with the Premium Sport Package.

I wanted to know if and how much I should expect to pay less than invoice? My wife can get me invoice pricing for any vehicle but I'm wondering if I can expect better.

Thanks in advance.
  • I test drove and loved an 08 Sypder GS Manual w/leather today and was given some numbers. I didn't push too hard, since it is the beginning of the month, but think I have settled on this vehicle. They had 8 of them and Buffalo winter is just about to start = I can't imagine this is a hot item right now.

I am looking for the money factor and residual for the vehicle. As per all of your previous advice, I asked the dealer to give me a quote with only the fees down, no cap cost reduction and was quoted the following:

$27,483 MSRP
    ??????? Sale Price
    391 x 48 @ 15,000 miles per year

Cars direct has this vehicle selling in my area for $200 under invoice, so I should be able to get it for $25,795. As a side note, I was in there today (Saturday), it was 65 and sunny - you could have set a cannon off in the showroom. They didn't have another customer the entire three hours I was there.

I am going to wait until the end of the month to more forcefully negotiate. I am interested in knowing what the current programs are.
    "...what the current programs are..."

I know the GT coupe has a $2000 rebate and I think the GS has it too. Not sure on the spyder. Have you checked here on Edmunds?

• I bought my 97 Eclipse GS with turbo from a very nice guy down in North Carolina. I paid $3,000 for it and it was a good buy. Not from a dealership obviously and i'm glad i didn't go. I saved $$$ and have a car i love.
  • I am about to jump in and buy a new spyder. I want all the extras and aero kit. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay?
  • Can anyone give me advice about what I should be paying for this wonderfull beast?
    I may as well chime in as I am looking to buy this month or next. 2008 Eclipse GT, base model with auto as the only option. MSRP--$25124 Invoice--$23793. $1000 rebate. Edmunds TMV after rebate--$23545. I was thinking $23000 after rebate.

I was looking at Fitzmall today and they are listing 2008's at $1300+ below invoice including rebates. This would translate to about $22500 for one I'm looking at.

What do you think?

• I ended up buying a 2007 GS automatic brand new for $16,400 :)

I obviously had to work the deal, but I got it. Keep an eye out for the deals! I ended up getting $2000 off for a trade in (the car I traded in I bought for $200 & got a $2000 for it) Of course the dealership wasn't to happy about that, but I just went off the deal they were having. I also got another $2000 off for a rebate, $500 off for being a recent college grad, and another $500 off for already owning a Mitsubishi. I had to work for a solid week to get the deal b/c they were trying to not owner the deal, but in the end I was able to get the car. Basically it was:

$21,400 Brand New (automatic)
    -$2000 for trade in deal
    -$2000 for rebate
    -$500 for recent college grad
    -$500 for already owning a Mitsubishi
    _____
    $16400 off the lot (not including taxes)

Best time to buy is the spring when they are trying to get rid of the previous years version. For instance selling the 2008 models cheap so they have room for the 2009.

Good Luck & Happy Shopping!!!
  • I have just recently purchase a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Automatic, Its Listed price was 21,840 for South Carolina. I talked them down to 18,999 plus 500 dollar loyalty rebate for owning a montero and plus 0 percent financing. I think i got a good deal. With my trade in i got it for 12,999. Its an amazing car
  • Went to a few different dealers yesterday, finally found a 2008 Eclipse GT V6 SE in Charcoal Terra Cotta Automatic.

Great time to buy as the inventory is shrinking fast and they need to move the 08's.

MSRP : $30224
    Invoice : $28616

Got them down to $27,700 - $500 Education rebate = $27,200 + fees. I even had them throw in the Ipod adapter to seal the deal. So hey, $916 below invoice, minus $500 more for the Education rebate, and I also got the 0% APR for 60 months. So I did not take the Factory rebate ($1500). I had no trade in vehicle.

All in all, great deal, I love the car!

That looks like the Rave Red. Great color for that car.

• phattb69phattb69 Posts: 4
    can you post the may lease rates for an 07 and 08 eclipse spyder, both gs and gt.
    thanks in advance
  • firststepfirststep Posts: 3
    for the 09 spyder, do they come with the tan color top cover/roof? or black in color? if i want different color, does it charge extra?
  • Is the 2009 eclipse overpriced? Is the GT with 260hp worth buying at $24999 msrp?
  • I bought a used 2003 eclipse for $6750. The dealer wanted $6950 for it. The radio was messed up so he gave me $200 off.The car had 71,000 on it. I purchsed a 1995 many years ago, I paid about $10,000 for it. I have been well pleased with the eclipses. I have gotten good service out of them so far. Of course the maintenance has been kept up.
    "...used 2003 eclipse for $6750..."

For that car with 71000 miles Edmunds lists the following TMVs by trim level:

RS--$6500

GS--$7000

GT--$8000

GTS--$9000

So depending on the trim level you got a pretty good deal. :)

• mikulmikul Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm not really good in cars.. and in fact I'm just about to buy my first car ever! :)
    I've found this really nice looking eclipse and the guy wants to sell it for $5300 (maybe he will go down to 5000$)

Do you think it's the fair price for this car with such mileage? The car has also some extra music system and tri-tronic transmission..

thanks very much for any help!
  • ezrhinoezrhino Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    2009 Sunset GS with leather

MSRP $28823
    Price paid $25891

I had them install the iPod connection for nothing and the vehicle came with Vredestein Ultrac tires on 19" TSW Croft rims included.

Minus $3000 cash back,

My price $22891

I purchased it from Braeger Mitsubishi and then transported to me for $525. The sale was smooth and the salesman ALWAYS called back when promised. Real nice guy and the company cared more about my satisfaction as a customer than the sale price of the car. He even offered to pick me up from the airport in Chicago and drive me back to Greenfield, WI.

• I was wondering what the value of this car would be. It is in excellent condition and has 91,000 miles, so it is low mileage.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,434
    Try posting a description here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

Someone may be able to help you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• cyn_dcyn_d Posts: 2
    I am a girl in need of advise. Looking to buy an Eclipse with 141,000 miles on it for 3800.00. Car is in excellent condition. Ad is as folows 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 Automatic. It currently has 141xxx well taken care of miles on it. It is in great condition. This beauty has cold ac, all tan leather interior, a sportronic shifter (meaning that you can go from automatic to stick.), a four disc cd changer, tape player, power seat, power windows, power locks, cruise control, a sunroof. Please any advice would be taken graciously. It is a beautiful car inside and out.