Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
Tell us about purchasing your new Fusion!!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• Just purchased a White SEL with sand colored Leather and SEL Premium package. Sticker was 23,650 and I paid $21,867. It had $500 rebate plus $500 for finacining with FMCC and dealer came off sticker $783. I went in expecting to buy at $500 off before rebate and finance cash because of demand here in DFW. Their orginal shipment of 4 came in late friday afternoon and they sold 1 saturday I bought the 2nd one at 9 this morning and they sold a 3rd one around lunchtime today. Interestingly, just as I had just made my offer on this car, a group of Mercury people from their Mercury dealership pulled up in a charcoal Milan with Black leather. I will say this, I like the Fusion exterior styling better but the black leather interior on the Mercury is very eye catching. The Mercury uses chromed accents in their interior and combined with the leather i can't imagine a better looking cabin. The only thing that kept me from driving directly to Mercury was the $4,500 difference in Price. It was a Premier edition that also included ABS, moonroof and several other options I believe. Both cars will be good sellers for the Blue oval I believe.
  • alman08alman08 Posts: 282
    did you buy a SEL with 4 cyl or 6? thanks.
    and congrats on your new car :shades:
  • I purchased my Fusion from Preston Ford in Preston, MD. I believe I got a great deal, since I wanted to be one of the first to own in the Washington, DC area, I bought Preston's first, and only, Fusion they had on October 4, 2005. It was a black SEL, V-6, with charcoal interior. Every option was included, safety and security, SEL Premium, moonroof, heated seats, ABS, traction control, leather, and the Audiophile sound system. MSRP was $26,445 which is what I paid. BUT, I got what I owed on an '02 Mercury Mountaineer (owed $17,400, got $17,500, KBB says trade-in worth $14,300), plus I got the $500 in bonus cash and the $500 Ford Credit Cash. I loved the first pictures of this car when they came out, I love it in person, and I love driving it. GREAT JOB FORD!!! Thank you Preston!
  • We just purchased & registered the first Fusion in NYS!! We had been waiting for this vehicle...I was driving a CHEVY! We purchased it from FUCCILLO FORD in Adams, NY! They have been great to deal with (pricing and friendliness)...the best "BLUE OVAL" dealership that I know of! We've purchased 5 trucks from them & now, with FORD stepping up their line of sedans, we have our first FORD sedan! We purchased the V6 SE Model (we have 2 young boys)...I am very pleased with the power that this small V6 has! It has enough interior space for the family and, the trunk storge is unbelievable! The folding seat will not be used in my vehicle however; for families without a pick-up...it's a nice feature! The exterior is excellent...especially the grille!! WAY TO GO FORD!">
  • I just bought a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL. It is silver with grey leather. It is loaded!! Everything you could want, it has it. I absolutely love it. My dad has always been a huge Ford fan, but I really couldn't care less...until now. My mom has an 04 Taurus and it is slick and loaded, but it has nothing on my Fusion. She used to have a Lincoln LS and I still like the look, comfort, ride and all the extras better on my car than her LS. I think Ford did an excellent job this time. Very classy, yet sporty....and just all around fun to drive. Best investment I have ever made in a car. I couldn't be happier with it. :shades:
  • raftraft Posts: 1
    could you please tell me how much you paid for the car and the options?
    thanks
    eric
  • We purchased the SE model with basic options included for around $20,000.00 Automatic, power windows,locks,seat, tilt/telescopic wheel, V6. Next one will have fog lamps...it's a nice look on the car in my opinion. If I wanted to wait I could've had an SEL model for around the same price. My employer also has an employee discount program which meant that we were not able to "toy" with the pricing too much! GREAT INVESTMENT REGARDLESS!!!
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    I traded my 2000 LS for a SEL V6 Fusion with every option and while I love it there's no way it compares to the LS in comfort, noise, amenities or handling. It does have more interior room.

BTW - I got the 2nd Fusion that my dealership received (first one hadn't sold yet). Fully loaded SEL V6 w/every option (sticker 26,445) for $23413 after rebates (no documentation fees or other dealer charges are allowed under X plan pricing). $25K out the door tax and everything.
  • Not sure what you mean by "no documentation fees or other dealer charges are allowed under X plan pricing", however, I have not bought a vehicle yet with my X plan. Just looking for a little advice before using it.
  • I just bought my new fusion on saturday. Its an SE with the V6. Its white with the tan leather interior, power moonroof and 6x disc stereo with 6 speakers. MSRP was $23,370 and I received the two $500 dollar bonuses plus through my work I received the x-plan discount and ended up paying $20,700 before taxes. Thus far I love it.
  • I bought a loaded SEL -- leather, moonroof, heated seats, audiophile, safety equipment, traction control -- for about $22,500 using X-plan. My advice is to use www.forddirect to locate dealers that equip vehicles the way you want. For example, I wanted the ABS and side air bags and some dealers order most of their vehicles like that while others skip it. Forddirect gives you an idea of what's on the lot but it's not totally reliable. Any dealer will easily give you X-plan pricing (approximately invoice) minus the incentives on a vehicle they have or can get in trade from another dealer. But if the car you want is on their lot, they may go below X-plan. That's what happened for me. I was looking for a pretty basic Fusion, but I ended up with all the gizmos at a good price. Love the car! It's a pleasure to drive and ride in. We're getting used to those heated seats really fast in this cold spell!
  • HI documentation fees of $160.00 and a rewards fee of $100.00 makes FORDCITY of Bordentown n.j. a place not to buy your next ford.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A magazine reporter is hoping to talk with some Fusion owners. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, March 29, 2006 containing your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience with the vehicle.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• mattnday1mattnday1 Posts: 4
    I just bought a Fusion SE - With Auto and Sport Package - Sticker - $19800 for $14999 after rebates.

THe second option wat $15499 but with 0/.9/2.9 for 36/48/60

Dealers was Michael Steads Hilltop in Richmond Ca.

Dealer was great to work with and we are very happy with the vehicle
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Posts: 37
    I'm thinking of going to this same dealer for the Fusion. What were the exact rebates or rebate you received? Was this price before the destination & other fees, or after?? If I go there, what sales rep did you work with?? Appreciate your help!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi,

I just got a 2006 Fusion SE 4 cyl auto with sport package. The lease is for 3 years 10,500mi/yr and $222 with nothing out of pocket. Was this reasonable on A-plan?
  • mojo_lomojo_lo Posts: 18
    mattnday1, could you let us know what the price before rebates was, and which rebates you qualified for. i believe i only qualify for the $1000 customer rebate.

also, do you know of the current factory to dealer incentives that are going on?
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    Looks pretty reasonable - what was the net price and residual?
  • net price was 16921.74 inc taxes, fees, etc after $2000 in rebates.
    residual was 10494 after 36 months and 10500 miles/yr