Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Really nice work and thanks for sharing! If I could get a 2010 Sport for ~$2000 below invoice plus cash rebates then I'd jump on it instead of waffling over 2010 Sport vs ordering a 2011 Sport vs trying to find a 2008 G35 for a reasonable price, like I'm currently doing...
  • jkbrilljkbrill Posts: 6
    Yes, I am sure the MT and the 2011's starting to come in had a lot to do with getting this kind of deal. Choice on this was limited and the car was white. I personally do not like white cars, but if we have a few more summers like this year's I may change my mind.
  • Just an FYI, the performance difference between a 2008 G35 and a Fusion Sport is *huge*. I moved from a 2008 G37Sport coupe to a 2010 Fusion Sport, while I like the Fusion Sport - the driving dynamics, especially braking and obviously acceleration and handling put the cars in vastly different categories.

Again, I'm still happy with my Fusion Sport (its 5 months old now) and the deal that I got.
  • Thanks for the info sigma1914, the more I know the better decision I can make. I was definitely under the impression that the G would far outperform the Fusion in those categories. But I'm not an aggressive driver, I'm just looking for a sedan that feels "just right" in size, has a great reliability rep, good safety scores & features, good connectivity options, well crafted and comfortable interior, enough power for a quick pass at 60+ mph and doesn't sway like a Camry in the corners. My research has continuously pointed me to these two cars in my price range!
  • Looking at 2010 Fusion Se Auto with rapid spec 202....Msrp 23,720 invoice 21,878 . What would be a good offer below invoice before rebates?
  • Had a great experience at Soerens Ford in Brookfield, Wisconsin. It helped that I had no trade in and didn't need financing. Purchased a Fusion SEL with rapid spec 301 and white tri-coat. I've had it about a month now and love it! Here's the breakdown.

MSRP: 26,770
    Service Fee: 119
    Discount: 2,013

Cash price: 24,867
    Tax: 1,269
    DMV: 164
    Rebate 2,500

Final: 23,808

This was the exact car I wanted and I knew there was only two in the nation. The other one had been sitting on a dealer's lot since last November and this one was fresh off the line.
  • fordx3fordx3 Posts: 2
    can you tell me what dealer you got this at? city? i live in texas and would love to get in on this deal if i can.... any sales person you might recommend as well? thanks! nice deal by the way....
  • I live in the DFW area an very interested in buy a 2010 Fusion within a couple of days . What dealerships did you call?
  • I do not remember who all I called, but I found Bankston to be the most agressive a few weeks ago. That is the only dealer who was willing to match that price. Bankston FW off of I-20 and Campus is the dealership I purchased my fusion through.
  • its not in ft worth but bluebonnet ford in new bransfuls had an add for this price on the base model fusion ....they had quite a few in stock when i looked last a few days ago ....
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    Have you recently purchased, or are you now considering buying, a domestic vehicle for the first time or the first time in a long time? If so, send details to pr@edmunds.com. Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• makslickmakslick Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    i am in the market to buy ford fusion. how much people are paying? i wanted to compare price with and without x-plan Thank you!!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 791
    What year (2010 or 2011) and trim level (S/SE/SEL/Sport/Hybrid) are you wanting to compare pricing on? Also what option packages? If you're looking at the SE or SEL, do you want the 2.5L 4cyl or 3.0L V6?

With some specifics, I'll try to help....
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Where are you located? There should be some good deals around this time now with new models rolling in, and dealers wanting to move existing stock.
  • makslickmakslick Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    i called in one dealer with zip code 48190. one dealer quoted me a price of
    NO x-plan
    $500 student discount
    190 dealership fee
    TTL

X-plan:
    75 dealership fee
    TTL.
    it sounds like why to go on x-plan? it simply doesnt make sense. thanks
  • to add : it was for 2011 ford fusion SE automatic. I sent request thru amex auto program, got better prices than x-plan. i will update this weekend about my test drive and possible buy.
    The X-plan is just an easy way to sell cars, saves time haggling, but doesn't always give the best deal. I had considered going X-plan when I bought my Flex, but after setting a baseline below Xplan pricing with my dealer, they were able to it for below X-plan, based on the price I was looking at. What I did was took the dealer cost and invoice, and based off those two numbers set my price, which was roughly in the middle. I got the Flex for just about invoice, within $200. At least 6K below sticker.
  • I agree with not starting with the XPlan. When I got my '10 Fusion Sport this past March, my deal beat the SPlan and XPlan pricing by a decent amount. I ended up with ~$400 under invoice, not including the $2000 cash back.

BTW, I'm still enjoying the Fusion!
    It will vary depending on your location and which incentives you choose. Using my Zip Code in the Atlanta, GA area, the incentives available are-

$2000 cash incentives + 1.9% APR for up to 60mos *
    *$1000 of cash incentive AND 1.9% APR require financing thru manufacturer's captive finance company.

$1000 cash incentive + 0.0% APR for up to 60mos *
    **Cash and APR require financing thru manufacturer's captive finance company.

With the $2000 cash incentive deal, the price on the $24,460 car (Tuxedo Black, Pkg 202A) should be around $20,775 to 21,000.

With the same deal, the price on the $23,960 car (Blue, Pkg 201A) should be around $20,340 to $20,590.

I ran the numbers real quick to get an idea of which offer is better- the $1000 & 0.0% or $2000 & 1.9%. I used the $21,000 figure with a $2000 down payment for 60months. With the $1k/0.0%- payment of $360.83/month OR $2k/1.9%- payment of $359.73/month. A whopping $1.10 per month difference???

If you don't qualify for their 'captive finance' deal, you can still get the $1000 Promo Cash and the $24,460 car would cost you $21,775 to $22,000.

Hope this helps...btw, the extra $500 for Power Moonroof is well worth it, IMO. Plus I think the Fusion looks best in Tuxedo Black! =)
    I forgot to ask, would you consider a 2011 Mercury Milan with the same specs? They have the same incentives on them as the Fusion PLUS another $1500 'Marketing Support' (cash to dealer). A 2011 Milan (base) with Pkg 103A (Sun/SYNC, AT, Reverse Sensing, Power Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, Fog Lamps, 17" 5-spoke alloys) stickers for $25.040 and if you went with the $2000 in cash incentives, you could get one for about $19,900....at savings of at least $1000....just a thought!
  • Great price. What's your APR? or you paid full in cash?
  • I put $5,000 down and financed the rest through Ford Motor Credit at 5.9% for 60 months.
  • Great price. 5.9% is a little high, I think you can borrow from you bank at sth like 3.3%
    Depends on the credit score, still 5.9% is not bad, could be far worse, like 11-13%!
  • wodwod Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I would like to know the same thing. I know it sounds crazy but, I would love to pull off a deal of around $16700 otd (especially seeing as the year's ending)? When contacting dealerships is it ever wise to state your "price"? On Negotiating 101, it states it's generally wise not to but, I want ya'lls personal experience, seeing as I've never negotiated a car price before.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    I did it that way when I bought my 2007 Mazda6. There was a dealer ad for one at at a price was significantly below invoice minus rebates minus holdback, so I just asked by email if they would give me the same discount from MSRP on the version that I wanted and gave them my calculation of what that price would be. First they said "no" then a few days later, on the day before the last day of the month, they said "yes".
    I did, not so much for the Fusion, I had a set price in my head, but had to haggle on my trade. I got close to what I was looking for on the Fusion, but on my Flex, I did a lot of research on pricing, and looked at X-plan, and Invoice pricing and came up with a number that I thought was fair for me and the dealer, and negotiated online with them. I said I want this with this and this for this price, what can you do. They came back with one that had just about everything I wanted for the price I was looking for, and did it in such a way that I was paying less per month, for a more expensive car than what I traded in. It all depends on the dealer you are dealing with. Had I gone to the last dealer for the Fusion, I probably would have saved more money on it.

There are dealers that make money by selling cars for top dollar, and there are dealers that make money selling a LOT of cars for good prices, finding the former is easy, finding the latter is not, and when you find the latter, stick with them. I bought 3 vehicles from them over the years, and they have done well for me, so I continue to give them business now by having them do my oil changes, something I never let anyone do previously. When I go in there now, they know me by name, and those are the kinds of dealers you want to have.
  • I requested many price quotes when Fusion shopping from various dealers' internet/sales managers just to get things started. But when it actually came down to making the purchase, I just gave them my price on a 2010, which they rejected, and my price on a 2011, which they accepted. Definitely go through some kind of sales manager not a regular sales guy.

That said, if you are trying to get a 2010 SE w/ auto and 202A, like the poster you replied to, I think your price might be $2000 too low even for "end of the year" deals. That's also assuming you would get $3000 in rebates.
  • I called a dealer in NJ yesterday to ask about MF and residual value on a 2011 Fusion SEL. While he was checking his computer he said there was some new numbers available today. It might have been bunk, but I called him so why we he do that? Anyway he told me to call back today after 2. Just thought I would try and keep everyone informed. These forums have been great for us keep up the good work!
    Mike