Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just bought a 2012 Ford Fusion last night.

Sticker was 25,350
    Base with moonroof and Sync pkg
    Extra Red Candy color
    Spoiler
    2nd/25K mile premium maintenance plan

Cash price $24,310
    My trade was $1114.
    Rebates $2000.
    Price now $21195.

TTL, doc fee $262.
    Total price $21,457.

So far I love the car and feel I got a fair deal
  • Sounds like a giveaway from Henry Ford himself. Is he your great grand-daddy?
  • WOW! How in the world do you get tax, tag and title down to $262 with a $21K final price? I wish our tax base in Georgia was that low!!!!!
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Barely used, it had 850 miles on it, and still smells like a new car. Got it for 28K. It's a 501a, with nav, and aftermarket leather and heated seats. The leather is so much nicer than factory too. The car was show room new. The price seemed a bit high until I started looking at other hybrids of the same year that had many many more miles on them and the difference was within $1k. Looking at blue book, and edmunds and many other "pricing" sites, the price was pretty much dead on.

Still has the full warranty, though it expires Jan 2013, but with the amount of miles we put on, it will expire much sooner than that.

So far seeing 38 MPG in it. I miss my Sport though, it handled better and had POWER, but sucked gas through a firehose. 22 MPG vs 38 MPG, I can live with less power and softer handling, for now. I may look into a stiffer sway bar, then I will be happy. :shades:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    If you focused on telematics (Sync, OnStar, etc) or ignored it completely in your 2011 car-shopping experience, email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, October 17, 2011 and include your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I'm looking at a 2011 Fusion SE with 1100 miles on it. The options I am aware of are Sync, Sunroof, backup sensor. Dealer has internet price of $19987.

I'm also considering a new 2012 Fusion S with auto trans, which with the 2K rebate is priced at $18919.

What would be a good price for the 2011? If I got it for 18900 is that a good deal?

Thank you for your comments
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,602
    regarding the 2011 is the sunroof, sync and back up sensors worth anything to you? I have a 2010 Fusion SE and LOVE sync wouldn't get a new car without something like it... I really like the Fusion mine has 26K miles, the more I drive it the better I like it.

SO either one is a good car, but the SE has more standard equipment the S, and the added equipment to me make the 2011 a better buy. Is the 2011 being bought at a Ford Dealer, if so are they certifying it as a Certify Pre Owned (the warranty is longer if they do then what the new warranty is)
  • The 2011 was at a Ford dealer and was not CPO. The internet ad said it had 1100 miles on it, I got there and it had close to 2600. Was told the manager had been using it. That left a bad taste in my mouth, plus it had some exterior blemishes and wasn't vacuumed etc. They wouldn't budge at all on the price so I left.

I think we are going to end up getting a 2010 SE with 28K miles for $14981. It has Sync, which I think my wife will like. Scheduled to look it tomorrow, so we may join the ranks of Fusion owners soon!
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,602
    My 2010 SE is a base SE with Sync being the only option, it has the 6 spd Manuel which I love. Good luck with the purchase, and you really can't go wrong with it.
  • live in NYC and am looking for a 2012 Fusion SEL w/nav. to lease udner Ford's 27 mo.leasing program. Went to 2 dealers today one in Bklyn, very nice guy and the other in my borough which i won't lease from, dealer 1 gave me 12K mileage $299.00 w/1500 down total, dealer 2 gave me $275.00 w/$1421.00 + 1st pyment. Sure I can knock down dealer 1 since i will be dealing with him down to the $275.00 if i buy at the end of the month...

Any thoughts
  • Looking at Ford Fusion SEL. True Market Value 27,898 plus 2,050 taxes, less rebates and plus fees. What are docking fees ($75)?
  • Just agreed to a 27 month lease on a 2012 FusionSEL with Equipment group 302A, Red Candy Metallic for $1,500.00 down $262.00 a month base price $25,300 optional equipment $2,890.00 destination and delivery $795.00 total before discounts which include rapid spec savings -$ 945.00, SEL regional disocunt - $500.00 MSRP $27,935.00

Previous at another dealer was $275.00 w/ $1500.00 down
  • smart move....go to deaterrater.com locate the dealer and comment. In fact use this site to find a good dealer in your area, even if you need to drive a few miles. My Ford dealer is doing to be 32 miles from me in NYC into NJ.
  • For a SEL white tri-coat with 302a quoted a price of $24,600 after rebates. Can I do better (Dallas, Tx)?
  • My husband and I are looking to purchase a 2012 302a w/nav. I'm an avid researcher and by dumb luck found a $750 Ford rebate for buyers who own a toyota camry or honda accord. The rebate does not require that you trade in the car, only that you or your household owns one of those models. I've confirmed that this is valid with 2 different dealerships, but they only found it using the code PGM#33850.

Looking at an offer of $25,750 after rebates, not including tax.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    Good for you in finding that. I wonder how many rebates there are that we just don't know about when purchasing a vehicle.
  • :sick: After being hit head-on in October, I'm in need of a "new" car. Never, ever thought I'd consider a Ford, but I saw a beautiful metallic candy apple red 2008 Sports Edition on a used lot today. So my question is, what is the FAIR, going price?? It was an Altima that I had totaled, and I loved it. But being on sick leave until mid-February, Altima money (let alone "new car money" is NOT in my budget. I want/NEED to pay in cash......
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 382
    Heard on our local News that there will be a recall issued by Ford in the next 30 days for certain Fusions and Milans where the lug nuts can be sheared off while driving causing the wheel to fall off and that Ford will be replacing all the lug nuts. I did not catch the details such as the Vehicle Year this would effect. I did notice it showed a pre 2010 year design of a fusion.
  • podpod Posts: 176
    This probably the wrong part of the forum to address such issues but the "keeper" can move these comments,
    The cars affected are equipped with 17" steel wheels. Notification will go out on January 28th to affected owners. Some of the studs shear off and in 4 cases the wheels came off. It is noteworthy that there was considerable vibration noted for some time prior to the wheel separations as would be expected. Absent such vibrations and noises I would regard the risk as very low. It seems 2009-late 2010 fusions and milans are at risk. The fix may include new rear brake components for some reason. A walkaround with a lug wrench should ferret out any affected cars. The studs shear off sequentially so check all nuts. If any seem loose you may wish to check with your dealer before the late January notice.
    Many of the lower trim models with 17" wheels have plastic covers which obscure the fact that the wheels are steel. Putting a magnet on the wheel (somewhere where the plastic cover doesn't interfere) will identify the steelies.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 382
    I have a 2009 SEL V6 and I went to the Ford Website and I thought it affected 2010 and 2011 models. Anyway, I appreciate the information and will check the website again when I get home later today. Thanks.
  • Hi Everyone,

I have found these forums extremely helpful so many thanks to all who post here. I'm the proud new owner of a 2012 Ford Fusion Sport withthe 402A Package (includes BLIS, Moonroof, Reverse Sensing, Heated Seats, etc. with voice-activated navigation and a remote start for $26,525, $28,845 out the door. I can't wait until it arrives! But I'm wondering if you all think this was a good price or if I could have gotten it for a little less? I'm in the Washington, DC area if that matters. Thanks!
  • Hello Everyone,

I'm looking at getting a silver 2012 Fusion SE. The one that I test drove has a rear spoiler and reverse sensing. The sticker price is $24,285. I was able to knock it down to $22,063.09. Is this a good deal? Every place that I've checks seems to suggest this, but I want other opinions/suggestions. I don't want to pay more than what I have to pay.

Also, what is the sun and sync package? I saw this on another one.

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,851
    A reporter is looking to interview midsize or small car owners who recently switched from Honda or Toyota to Chrysler, Ford or GM. Email pr@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, January 5, 2012 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your decision and your experience so far.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dad2bedad2be Posts: 57
    Seems way too high. Even by just going to cars.overstock.com or truecar.com, the car in this configuration (MSRP $24285) is being offered for $19069 (plus tax and tags.) Not sure if your number includes tax and tags, but $19069 + $1144 (6% tax) + $500 (high estimate for doc/tag fees) comes out to $20713 out the door.

Sun and sync is a Sunroof with the Ford Sync system.
  • Hello All:

A 2012 V6 SE is one of the cars I'm considering buying within the next month and I wondering if anyone has experience with negotiating the price when ordering a car from the factory. Can I expect to get 3-4% above invoice, or will they all play hard-nosed if they can't locate what I want? I'll likely be leasing but I'm assuming that shouldn't matter. TIA.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 791
    You definitely won't be able to negotiate as good of a deal on an ordered model as you could on one in stock. What color combo and options are you wanting? I just took a quick look at the Ford dealers in my area (Atlanta) and all of them had at least two or three V6 SE models in stock...kinda surprising. I expected it to be all SEL (or Sport) models with the V6....
  • Thanks for the reply but I'm not really sure exactly what options I want as I just added the Fusion to my short list yesterday and I'm not getting a very clear idea from the Ford site. I like the red candy color but would prefer an interior thats not black. From what I'm seeing on the site I'm not sure if I'll want a SE or an SEL. I don't want a moon roof, but do want heated outside mirrors and would like a leather wrapped steering wheel. Leather seats are not a big deal for me if the cloth is well done. I'm in the NYC area. Thanks again.
  • I just bought a 2012 Fusion SEL with reverse sensing for about $21,800, including $2000 cash rebates. Is this comparable to what others have paid? There might have been another $500 rebate for using Ford financing, but not at 0.0% so I paid cash.

There was also a separate coupon rebate which bought my final price down lower.
  • It sounds like SEL may be a good line for you, just don't get the Moon&Tune package, or any of the extra options that include a moonroof.

I agree with you about no moonroof, it doesn't do anything for me but reduce precious headroom. In fact if I could have gotten the third trim line Mazda 6 ("Touring Plus") WITHOUT a moonroof, I likely would have purchased that car instead of the Fusion.

Mazda 6 and Fusion were designed together and are based on the same platform. The base Fusion SEL (third trim level up in the lineup) has Sync, leather seats, and Automatic Temp Control (plus some others), while the Mazda 6 Touring Plus (also 3rd trim level up in the lineup) has cloth seats, manual heat/cool, and a mandatory moon roof. It also has the blind spot warning system included, and AutoStick shifting, which I really would have liked. Unfortunately the only way to get AutoStick in the Ford was to either get a spoiler (boo!) or the larger engine.

The Ford requires you to purchase the backup camera (very pricey) just to get the blind spot warning, whereas the Mazda just includes it standard for Touring Plus. I know how to use mirrors :) and they are probably more reliable anyway, so that was a wash for me. Another advantage to the Mazda is amber rear turn signals for much better safety and visibility. I wish Ford would get on board with that for all their cars.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 791
    So you want heated mirrors and leather-wrapped steering wheel but not the Moonroof. Leather or ‘premium’ cloth interior is fine, just as long as it isn’t black…right?

The SE doesn’t have heated mirrors and you can only get the leather steering wheel as part of the Appearance Package. The AP only comes with Charcoal Black interior with “Unique Seat Inserts and Door Panel Trim”. In this case, “unique” translates to HIDEOUS! =/ So the SE doesn’t sound like the best fit for you…

The SEL has standard heated mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel and heated leather seats. It is available in Red Candy Metallic with Camel or Medium Light Stone interior (in addition to Charcoal Black). I think Medium Light Stone is a grayish-taupe color. The SEL also adds some nice extras for the additional $2k- Automatic Climate Control, Homelink remote, Power passenger seat, Bluetooth, Auto-Dim Rearview Mirror and even “puddle lamps” on the side mirrors (to illuminate puddles, I would guess)….and the aforementioned heated, leather seats.

The tough part will be finding an SEL in the color combo you want BUT without the 301A or 302A option package. I’ve seen very few (if any) SEL V6 models that only have the standard 300A package. The 301A adds the Moonroof and Sony audio system; 302A includes the 301A features plus BLIS (Blind Spot Information System), rearview camera, rain-sensing wipers and reverse sensing system. So the VAST majority of SEL models have the Moonroof.

To get a SEL with the 300A and V6 in Red Candy with Camel or M-L Stone, you probably would have to special order it. A rear spoiler and reverse sensing system are both standalone options you could add, if so desired.

I’ll toss out a few alternatives that seem to fit your desired specs and should be much easier to find in stock at a dealer-

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T
    2012 KIA Optima EX Turbo
    (they are built on a common platform and share the same engine/transmission- in this case, a 274hp Turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder good for 0-60 in 6.4sec and 34mpg highway)

OR

2011 Hyundai Azera GLS – it’s actually classified as a large sedan and has the same exact interior volume as a Toyota Avalon (107cu ft). But it is built on the previous Sonata platform and is mid-sized in terms of exterior dimensions.

It has all the goodies you want standard- heated mirrors, premium cloth interior, leather-wrapped steering wheel AND a sweet 260hp 3.3L V6! A redesigned 2013 Azera is due mid-year and there wasn’t actually a 2012 model, so the 2011 models are still being sold as new and with DEEP Discounts! =) The 2011 Azera GLS stickers for $26,270 but currently TrueCar.com is showing the selling price at $19,868 currently- a 24% discount off MSRP!

All three of the models I mentioned have another awesome feature in common- 10-year/100k-mile Powertrain Warranty in addition to the 5-year/60k-mile Basic Warranty!!! All of them, in addition to the Ford Fusion, are also RECOMMENDED by the guys over at Consumer Reports! The Sonata Turbo, Optima Turbo and Fusion V6 FWD are also rated the highest in terms of Owner Satisfaction among family sedans by CR readers.