Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tamu2002tamu2002 Posts: 758
    Thanks! But according to Edmunds, one can only take either the financing deal or the cash rebate and not both, no?
  • fritzyfritzy Posts: 12
    email a local dealer and ask them to claify rebate and financing offers on the Ford website: http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/incentives/offers/results/index.asp?mode- l=Fusion&year=06&zip=80439
    Let me reply to my own posting. The financing is even better now than in July. Ford offers 0% for 36 mos., 0.9% for 48 mos. and 1.9% for 60 mos. I believe that the $1,500 rebate is in addition to the low interest financing. The stand alone rebate has increased from $1,000 to $1,500 but they removed the free gas til 2007 or $1,000 cash offer. That would be equivalent to $500 more than my purchase or $15,488. I must say that when I got my best offer, the other dealer was incredulous and would not counter. $15,488 would be $329 per month for 48 mos. My payment ($335 on $14,988 @ 1.9% for 48 mos.) included 2.9% sales tax, which is very low because I live in an unecorporated area of a low tax county. So your payment would be higher if you financed the tax too. I put $0 down. http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/incentives/offers/results/index.asp?mode- - - l=Fusion&year=06&zip=80439
    Why is it so hard to find a base S model with the security and ABS packages? I live in a big metro area and there's none around here! Does Ford figure people who buy the base models are so cheap that they don't care abour safety? On some vehicles there's side airbags but no ABS?? Who cares enough to get the side airbags and yet doesn't want basic ABS? That's just dumb packaging.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    On some vehicles there's side airbags but no ABS?? Who cares enough to get the side airbags and yet doesn't want basic ABS?

I've seen them with side airbag, no ABS, and a sunroof. I thought that was a strange combination. I agree that it would seem sensible to just package ABS and side air bags. It won't matter in the 2007s, as side air bags will be standard.
    Does anyone have any guess if Ford will increase the rebates after the current ones expire? There seems to be a lot of 06 inventory left in my area. I wonder if I should wait.
    My guess is you may be able to make your best deal after the '07s arrive- Rebates will depend on nationwide unsold inventory.
  • neile457neile457 Posts: 65
    Just bought an 06 S with auto and safety package for $18100. Took the 0% for 72 months - can't beat that! :blush:
  • otopsotops Posts: 12
    I've been in the market for a new vehicle for the past couple of months. Having said that, I've been reading all over the web trying to retain and research as much as I can. Which has allowed me to add and subtract makes and models leading me to my final selections: Acura TL, Hyundai Azera, Mercury Milan and Honda Accord V6.

After many long, hard decision-making sessions I've decided on a Milan V6 Premier with all features except the heated seats and the Audiophile stereo addition. The 0% is a very sexy financing program.

I have a few questions for all of you...

I currently have a 2000 Mercury Cougar with 121000 miles. There are a few dings on the exterior and a few minor + blemishes on the interior. My plan is to get whatever I can get out of it via trade-in. Would you do the same? I have been the sole owner of this vehicle.

According to the sticker, the MSRP is 25,575. What kind of final price should I be anticipating (post negotiation)? I have failed to locate a good site of people reporting on how much they have been paying.

Lastly, is there anything else I should know before I go and test drive the car tomorrow morning?

Thank you ahead of time and sorry for being so choppy.
  • theumptheump Posts: 13
    :) There is a website called "fusionunleashed.com",on the left hand side there is a listing under the site navagation that say's order guide&prices.You'll need to register also but it has the milan price list that you can look at that will give you actual dealer cost for all the options that you want on the car and there cost!.Hope this helps you out ;) (the milan is one sharp "RIDE')
    I have compiled a price comparison chart for a Milan Premier V6. I have it loaded with every feature possible. The first set is the websites/dealers sticker MSRP. The second set is the dealer's cost minus holdback. How likely am I to buy this vehicle for the final price of the last set?

Base MSRP: $22,845

Options:
    Premium AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 6-Speakers - N/C
    Power Moonroof - $795
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) - N/C
    Traction Assist - $95
    Audiophile AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 8-Speakers - $420
    Heated Front Seats - $295
    Safety & Security Package - $595
    Comfort Package - $595

Colors:
    Exterior Color: Tungsten Grey Clearcoat Metallic - N/C
    Interior Color: Dark Charcoal - N/C

Destination Charge: $650
    Total MSRP*: $26,290

DEALER’S COST MINUS HOLDBACK

Base MSRP: $20,095

Options:
    Premium AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 6-Speakers - N/C
    Power Moonroof - $668
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) - N/C
    Traction Assist - $80
    Audiophile AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 8-Speakers - $353
    Heated Front Seats - $248
    Safety & Security Package - $500
    Comfort Package - $500

Colors:
    Exterior Color: Tungsten Grey Clearcoat Metallic - N/C
    Interior Color: Dark Charcoal - N/C

Destination Charge: $650
    Total MSRP*: $22,444

Should I go in armed with this info and tell them that I will take one if they can cut this deal for me? Again, how likely will it be to execute such a scenario?

Again, thank you ahead of time.
    First off....DO NOT go in demanding this price!!!!I've always gone in armed w/ all the info that I could find and first off get my trade offer "FIRST" then started the negotiations off buy saying that i've researched this vehicle via internet and/or talking with other F/L/M Dealers and OWNERS I've e-mailed(people who've bought) have gotten a few quotes around 21.5K-22.8.Dealers are reluctant to surrender holdback but they can if they chose to do so....it depends on other factory to dealer incentives as to how much they surrender.BUT this being the end of the month you are mor apt to get a sweet deal! ;) Good luck and report back :shades:
  • luvmbootyluvmbooty Posts: 271
    Sent faxes and e-mails to 20 different dealers in my area. One quoted at $18,150 with automatic transmission, safety and security package, ABS, and SE Sport package.

I wanted the 0% financing for 72 months. Quote went up to $19,150 because rebate isn't offered with financing. After NY State tax if figured I'd pay $274 a month. I let it go. I feel I let a good deal go.

What other manufacturer besides Ford has offered 0% for 72 months? How often does it happen?
    Sounds like a very good deal if you ask me!! ;) I'd call them back and try and make the deal! :D :D
  • dlangdlang Posts: 59
    As a 3x Mercury Sable owner, the Milan is not upto previous Mercury standards which seem to be dwindling over the the last 10 years as Ford desperately tries to stay solvent.

If you live in an urban area with streets that may have potholes, uneven surfaces, bumps, etc., make sure you test drive Milan on that, not smooth highway, The car shakes and loses road grip on less than perfect road surfaces.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently purchased a Ford Fusion, Milan, Five Hundred or waiting to purchase the Ford Edge. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2006 by 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

2006 Milan Premier

WINDOW STICKER

Base MSRP: $22,845

Options:

Power Moonroof $795
    Safety & Security Package $595
    Comfort Package $595

Total MSRP*: $25,480

DEALER’S COST

Base MSRP: $20,095

Options:

Power Moonroof $668
    Safety & Security Package $500
    Comfort Package $500

Total MSRP*: $22,413

BOTTOM LINE with 7% TAX, TAG, TITLE: $23,803

Was unable to remove the ADMIN. FEE of $595.50.

To top it all off, I took advantage of the 0% for 72 months.
  • :) :) Way to go...you won't regret it! Now keep us posted on how things go for you.
  • That's awesome ! :shades: (otops) :shades: Keep us updated on your experiences w/your Milan!!!!!!
  • kemikemi Posts: 2
    The local dealer has a 2006 Ford Fusion V6 SE - pretty loaded - power sunroof, ABS, Traction, safety & security package. MSRP is $23,355. They actually offered the vehicle to me for $21650, which is a little above invoice. However, the day I was going to finalize the paperwork, the dealer advised me that the vehicle I was about to purchase was damaged to the tune of $2500 in transporting. It apparently had damage to the roof and broke the sunroof. My question is what is a good negotiation price for this vehicle? They have repaired the roof and replaced the sunroof and are willing to guarantee the work for 5 years. What would be a reasonable offer for me to make for this vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Are you sure you want to buy this car? You're already taking at least a $3,000 hit because it's last years model and you'll have to list the damage & repairs when you tradin this car. Repair paint and body filler is never as good as the original finish. Offer them $19,150 by phone or email and be prepared to walk away. The economy is slowing down and we will be in a recession in January and the industry knows this and the dealer knows that it's hard to sell "damaged goods". People pay a premium for a new vehicle because well- it's new and not wrecked, damaged or driven by someone else. As soon as the 2006's clear the lot Ford will be offering incentives on the 07's, but I understand they have a lot of '06s (mostly trucks) to get rid of. Good luck!
  • kemikemi Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response! I greatly appreciate it. Well, I'll tell you what I did. I did a search on Kelley Blue Book and entered in the vehicle information as a "used car" and selected the appropriate condition buttons listing the body damage "less than $3000" and came up with a trade in value of $16,740 and a private party value of $18565, so I called the sales guy and told him I would be willing to pay $17,000 for it. (I'd buy it for that price and may even go as high as $18,500.) He has yet to call me back. But, I'll keep you posted.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    You should get an extra discount for your trouble, but getting the car for the same price as if it still needed the $3000 in repairs now is not what will happen since it has already been fully repaired.
    If you have any doubts about the repairs, the buy one that was never damaged instead.
  • ken74ken74 Posts: 13
    Hello all,

I am the proud owner of my first new Ford. I just purchased a 2007 Fusion SEL V-6 with sun roof, heated mirrors and seats, traction control, Audiophile stereo system, leather, etc.... I am not even sure what else there is on this thing. I keep finding new stuff I did not realize was on the car.

Long story short, I paid $21,500 for the car here in Charlotte, NC. Sticker was $25,080. Very excited and happy so far....

Traded out of an 07 Camry, it sucked..... bad. Unfortunately, I took a hit on trade, but with the price of the Fusion (which ironically is about what I paid for the Camry) I made out ok.

Wish me luck; I don't need another lemon......
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    You got a killer deal!! I'm bummed now, thought I did pretty well. I paid $23,000 for my 06 Fusion SEL V6 loaded with all options.. sounds like yours. I did get 0% financing.. did you?? :surprise:

Why did the 07 Camry suck??
  • ken74ken74 Posts: 13
    Sorry for the delay in reply......

The Camry had a bad hesitation a random. This made driving it frustrating to say the least and at worst could cause an accident(and almost did).

So far, I love the Fusion.

As for the 0%, I did not manage that. You got a sweet deal there and although I paid less up front, on the back side I will have paid more. Your payment is probably lower as well.

Enjoy your car!
    I got 1.9% for 4 years on July 4th, mine was the I4 manual with no options. Did see a nice deal on '07 Fusion SE V6 Auto 6 speed with all wheel drive & premium sould for $19,xxx something advertised in the Denver Post from a Denver Dealer the other day!
  • blueszbluesz Posts: 11
    2006 SE ford fusion, 4 cylinder, 2.3 6 month put l3,000 miles.

A private person, she told me there was an accident on the bumper and had it replaced, I could not see any obvious dent by exterior look. I checked Carfax, now, th accident has not been displayed yet.

The engine is quite when idle, but kind of noisy when speeding up, when speed is stable, it is quiet again. Is it normal?
    How much is it worth?

Thanks for your comments and advice.

This Fusion is the AUTOMATIC SE (2.3L I4) model with the following upgrades:

-leather
    -LARGE power moonroof
    -Anti Lock Brake System
    -Front and Side Airbags
    -Perimeter Alarm
    -premium aluminum wheels
    -premium sound with 6 CD/MP3 player
    -Safety/Security Package
    -SE Sport Package
    -Fog Lamps
    -power driver's side seat
    -dashboard computer/message center
    -60/40 rear split seat
    -2.5 years of (3 year/36,000K mile) WARRANTY left
  • Has anyone heard anything about 0% financing, or anything close to that coming up in the near future? I was in the local dealership today, and they said that the best they could do is 4.9. But then I would lose out on the $1000. rebate. I'm looking to buy a new Fusion within the next couple of months. Let me know, Thanks.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Edmunds and cars.com both indicate that you should currently be able to keep the $1000 and get the discount financing...but perhaps they are mistaken on that??? IIRC, lowest rate shown is 2.9% for 36 mo. and higher for longer terms.