Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sunilsunil Posts: 38
    I believe 31060 is the price after all rebates (and I do not see any rebates online for the Hybrid - I do see rebates for the other Fusion models). But that's a good question - I will check on rebates/offers with the dealer.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who recently traded in a Honda or Toyota for a Hyundai, Kia, Ford or Chevy. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 3, 2011 with your daytime contact information, the car models involved and a few words about your decision.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• titletowntitletown Posts: 7
    Just purchased on May 31 a red auto 2011 Fusion w/ Sun and Sync package (202A), and spoiler which had an MSRP of about $24,700. Final price was $19,100 before destination, taxes and fees (w/ $2000 ford financing rebates; I'll refinance w/ my credit union). Initially, I was only mildly interested in getting a new Fusion to replace my 2008 base auto SE based on purportedly high trade values as a result of shortages of late model used cars, so I stopped by a couple dealers in suburban MD (Wash, DC area).

However, initial trade in value for my low mileage fusion (24,000 miles) was only $11,000 but the last day of month the sales manager aggressively moved up to $13,800. Given that I only paid $14,000 for the 1-year used old car 20 months ago I felt comfortable making the transaction w/ additional standard features (e.g. safety, more powerful 4 cyl. engine) of the 2nd generation Fusion. Loved the old car but hated the color - black (too hard to keep clean) and some paint integrity issues (easy to scrath, chipping). To get the deal I got I pretty much had to get the red metalic color, not my favorite but it is growing on me. In a bizarre twist two days after I bought the car, the finance manager called me to say that he needed me to come in to correct some paper work and when pressed he said said they accidently gave me a $500 rebate. After chuckling to myself and calling the sales manager this was resolved.
  • Just got back from the dealer with a new (10 miles) '11 Fusion for $17,499 and $18,709 out the door incl' tax, tags, dealer doc fee.... All of it out the door. I was looking around and seems this was a pretty nice deal, but wanna check with others around the nation to see whether or not it was really that great of a deal. Was also able to negotiate the 1st yr of service free, and the environmental interior/exterior protection coverage. It seems like a great deal to me and my friends I asked about it, but want to double check. Took 2 days and alot of dealing/haggling, but I feel that to go from 25,735 sticker to 17,499 is quite good.... 8,236 is good enough for me.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I'd say you got a great deal. What incentives did you qualify for? I'd also be curious to hear where you purchased it from.
  • Qualified for $2000 in rebates, and the rest was wheelin and dealin for an out the door price. Bought the car at Crown Ford in Fayetteville NC. Everyone I have talked to said it was the deal of the century. Called the dealership and they were willing to put me into another one for the exact same price!! However, my buddy went and he was only able to get to $21,000 out the door, and when I called the dealership, they said no-way. Don't know what the deal with that is, but I got my car out of it and am happier than the proverbial Pig in $hit......
    I agree, you definitely got one heck of a deal.
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    Yes, I put someonr out the door on a new 2011 Fusion SE with automatic for $19,500....And I was surprised to get them that...
    Prices here in San Antonio must be a lot higher than other parts of the country as target price for the SE with auto is $20,970 so even $19,500 out the door is a much better deal.
  • mb19mb19 Posts: 1
    I purchased a Fusion 2011 SE I-4 FWD with automatic transmission and a spoiler and remote start. The MSRP is $26579 including destination fees ($1350). I paid $20600 after Ford employee rebate of $4352 (can find the info at Ford.ca) and lot of phone calls and negotiations with different dealers across the Province of Quebec. It looks like I saved around $6000 from the sticker price. The invoice is $24896 available at Carsaver.ca. The Ford financing is 3.9%@60 months, giving $430/month. I know that it is a little higher of what you guys pay in the US.

At the end the dealer told that I made the best bargain of the month. Should I believe that?

So far I truly love the car. The handling, confort, design and pricing are on top of the list. I used to drive a Chevy Malibu for 8 years. In the last weeks, I tested the Camry, Sonata, Malibu and Mazda6 before getting the Fusion.
  • I just bought a 2012 Ford Fusion last night.

Sticker was 25,350
    Base with moonroof and Sync pkg
    Extra Red Candy color
    Spoiler
    2nd/25K mile premium maintenance plan

Cash price $24,310
    My trade was $1114.
    Rebates $2000.
    Price now $21195.

TTL, doc fee $262.
    Total price $21,457.

So far I love the car and feel I got a fair deal
  • Sounds like a giveaway from Henry Ford himself. Is he your great grand-daddy?
  • WOW! How in the world do you get tax, tag and title down to $262 with a $21K final price? I wish our tax base in Georgia was that low!!!!!
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Barely used, it had 850 miles on it, and still smells like a new car. Got it for 28K. It's a 501a, with nav, and aftermarket leather and heated seats. The leather is so much nicer than factory too. The car was show room new. The price seemed a bit high until I started looking at other hybrids of the same year that had many many more miles on them and the difference was within $1k. Looking at blue book, and edmunds and many other "pricing" sites, the price was pretty much dead on.

Still has the full warranty, though it expires Jan 2013, but with the amount of miles we put on, it will expire much sooner than that.

So far seeing 38 MPG in it. I miss my Sport though, it handled better and had POWER, but sucked gas through a firehose. 22 MPG vs 38 MPG, I can live with less power and softer handling, for now. I may look into a stiffer sway bar, then I will be happy. :shades:
  • If you focused on telematics (Sync, OnStar, etc) or ignored it completely in your 2011 car-shopping experience, email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, October 17, 2011 and include your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I'm looking at a 2011 Fusion SE with 1100 miles on it. The options I am aware of are Sync, Sunroof, backup sensor. Dealer has internet price of $19987.

I'm also considering a new 2012 Fusion S with auto trans, which with the 2K rebate is priced at $18919.

What would be a good price for the 2011? If I got it for 18900 is that a good deal?

Thank you for your comments
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    regarding the 2011 is the sunroof, sync and back up sensors worth anything to you? I have a 2010 Fusion SE and LOVE sync wouldn't get a new car without something like it... I really like the Fusion mine has 26K miles, the more I drive it the better I like it.

SO either one is a good car, but the SE has more standard equipment the S, and the added equipment to me make the 2011 a better buy. Is the 2011 being bought at a Ford Dealer, if so are they certifying it as a Certify Pre Owned (the warranty is longer if they do then what the new warranty is)
  • The 2011 was at a Ford dealer and was not CPO. The internet ad said it had 1100 miles on it, I got there and it had close to 2600. Was told the manager had been using it. That left a bad taste in my mouth, plus it had some exterior blemishes and wasn't vacuumed etc. They wouldn't budge at all on the price so I left.

I think we are going to end up getting a 2010 SE with 28K miles for $14981. It has Sync, which I think my wife will like. Scheduled to look it tomorrow, so we may join the ranks of Fusion owners soon!
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    My 2010 SE is a base SE with Sync being the only option, it has the 6 spd Manuel which I love. Good luck with the purchase, and you really can't go wrong with it.
  • live in NYC and am looking for a 2012 Fusion SEL w/nav. to lease udner Ford's 27 mo.leasing program. Went to 2 dealers today one in Bklyn, very nice guy and the other in my borough which i won't lease from, dealer 1 gave me 12K mileage $299.00 w/1500 down total, dealer 2 gave me $275.00 w/$1421.00 + 1st pyment. Sure I can knock down dealer 1 since i will be dealing with him down to the $275.00 if i buy at the end of the month...

Any thoughts