Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• OUCH. In Houston, we bought the 202A package for a drive out of $19490.15 which included $1400 in TTL. and 2500 rebates. This was 22% off sticker total, including options. I my opinion, US car dealers are no different than most all businesses that strive to make 35-40% profit on their products.
  • In Houston, we bought the 202A package for a drive out of $19490.15 which included $1400 in TTL. and 2500 rebates. This was 22% off sticker total, including options. I my opinion, US car dealers are no different than most all businesses that strive to make 35-40% profit on their products.
  • If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a the latest model Ford Fusion or Honda Accord sedan, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Just bought a new fusion SE with the 202A and spoiler in east TN.

MSRP $25060 (per edmunds)
    Invoice $23135 (from edmunds)

rebates $1750 (could've been another 1500 had I financed differently)
    ttl/fees $2170 (including $299 service fee)

OTD price with 60mo, 0% financing = $23283. So I essentially got it for invoice - rebates with no service fee.

Very little haggling was required, I emailed the internet sales magangers of 4-5 different dealers. I set up appointments with the 3 lowest. Each said they'd beat the other if I'd come in and work a deal. I started at the lowest dealer. I told the internet salesperson that if they could lower the price some more I skip out on the other dealer appointments. They came down another 1% and I signed. I feel like I could have done a little better had I leverage them against each other further but I was running short on motivation (I had my wife and two young children with me). Also, in my area 2012 fusion inventory is drying up so I believe that handicapped my bargaining.

I bet that next week will be a great time to bargain on the fusions if you have some left in your area. Good luck and thanks to the others that have posted their experiences!
  • So I just drove home my 2012 Ford Fusion SE Steel Blue from Philadelphia to Ohio. A long drive but I feel like I got a good deal. However, I would like some of you savvy buyers to chime in. Here is what I purchased:

2012 Ford Fusion SE CPO
    28,000 miles, 1-owner
    $13,500 + includes everything except tax (which I will pay when I get my title)

I had the car inspected by a good mechanic in the area. They stated it the only issue was slight mis-alignment, which the dealer corrected and provided computer print-outs of before and after. So my questions/comments:

1) Does this seem like a good deal? I usually wait until the end of the month but I felt I couldn't pass this one up.

I purchased the PremiumCare with $100 deductible for $635, which lasts for 6 years/75K miles. He originally offered $870, which was at or slightly below Lombard's and Zeigler's (they had wi-fi in office so I was checking their prices in front of the finance guy lol) so $635 is definitely the lowest price I've ever seen.

2) I have a 30-day refund window, should I keep the ESP? I had my last car for 13 years and 155K miles and plan on doing the same with this one.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 451
    Quite the contrary, the dealer profit is a slim margin. At the end of the year, they get what is called holdback. On one of my vehicles, it was $600. They make a better profit on used cars. Dealers make their money with their shops. The rebates you got were from the manufacturer. They were given to clear out the '12s. By the way, I am not a dealer "shooting you a line." I get the Ford employee price which takes out the dealer profit. It is not that much.
  • Just got 2013 Fusion SE with moonroof and reversing sensor, the OTD is $22900, I live in VA and sale tax is3%.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    How do you like the car?
    Not much buzz about the new Fusion on the boards. Wondering why?
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576
    Because it's butt ugly...seriously ugly! It's probably the ugliest mid sized auto on the market!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 371
    Well it would be the first time I have read someone describe the Fusion as Butt Ugly. Obviuosly a Ford Hater. Anyway, I would rather hear from objective posters that make substantive contributions.
  • kbill07kbill07 Posts: 17
    Just purchased a brand new Red 2013 FWD Titanium. See below for breakdown:
    MSRP $35,500
    Z Plan Price $31,496
    Ford Rebate $1,500
    Returning Leasee rebate $1,000
    Final Sale Price $28,996
    Total Fees $108.50
    Taxes $2,210
    Total Price=$31,315
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    which engine?
    bad news if it's the 1.6 ecoboost!
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,674
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer who considered a 2013 Toyota Camry, but ultimately went with either 2013 Honda Accord of 2013 Ford Fusion. If you fit this description, and would like to discuss the appeal of either of those cars versus the Toyota model, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon Pacific, Tuesday, 3/5/13.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer who purchased a 2013 Ford Fusion after owning a Honda Accord, Toyota Camry or another car from a Japanese brand. If you would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 3/5/13 at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET.

• bhuwan1bhuwan1 Posts: 3
    So what are the prices people are paying for the Ford Fusion for a 24/36 mo lease? What's the residual?
  • ma91pmhma91pmh Posts: 16
    Does anybody have any experience on prices paid on Ford Fusion Energi, Titanium or SE?

What are the lease rates ? (MF and resiudals)

I would imagine leases are helped by the lessor getting the $3,750 tax credit ?
    A reporter wants to talk with a Ford Fusion buyer who previously owned a Japanese sedan. If you fit the bill and are willing to share your story, please email PR@edmunds.com before Friday, April 19, 2013 and provide a few words about your experience.

• I am looking at leasing a Fusion SE Luxury for 36 Months in Northern CA, I would like to know what the residuals should be on 10,500, 12,000, 13,500, 15,000, 16,500, 18,000, and 19,500 miles per year. As well as what the money factor should be??? I was quoted .00325 which is 7.8 percent and that seems high.......

Any help would be awesome

Thanks!!!!!!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Looking at 2013 Fusion Titanium with voice nav, power moonroof,and driver assist. Dealer quote is 32000. Is that fair or should i try to go lower?
    Thanks!