Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• They have come back with $19499 which is $3316 off. This only includes the 2k current rebate offer. I am going to shoot for $12,500 OTD after $7000 trade and 1k trade in bonus for a Toyota.
  • strnsctstrnsct Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    Just paid 5% under invoice for 2010 Fusion SEL 4 cyl with 302A option + Nav + spoiler, minus trade in ($1500 reasonable offer) x 7% sales tax
    - $2500 in rebates + $2000 down
    Documentation fee ($150), license transfer fee ($16), registration fee ($39)
    Final price = $21800 :)
  • 22815.00 MSRP
    21499.00 Sales Price
    2000.00 Manufacture Rebate
    1000.00 Toyota Trade Bonus
    6500.00 Trade

Originally came back with 5500.00 trade then bumped to 6000.00. Emailed them this morning and told them 13k out the door and I would be in Saturday. Called me within the hour and we agreed on $13,068.71!
  • I traded my 2008 Honda Accord LX for this 2010 Ford Fusion SE. I LOVE it. I got $3500 in rebates which included the $1000 to trade in the Honda. The leases are running high, but the buys are great right now if you can get a good interest rate.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,688
    So what did you end up paying for this Fusion?
  • Hello all. I am looking to buy a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD with 402A. MSRP is $30,225. Dealer is running a 20% off deal that includes all the rebates (20% off the MSRP before the 402A package discount).

I test drove this car and absolutely love it!

I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 that is coming off of a lease. I am 15,000 miles over plus have 2 payments remaining. Dealer is giving back $2,400 to cover this and allowing me to turn it in.

Sale Price: $23,697 (includes $3,500 in rebates)
    Sales Tax: $1,767 (6.5% dealer says I have to pay taxes on the price before rebates?)
    Tags/Docs: $ 285
    Negative Equity $2,400

I'm looking to finance this for 72 months. A+ credit. Dealer is giving me a rate in the "low 5's". Does this seem like a good deal?

I told them I wanted to take my car to Honda (which is the same chain of dealerships right down the road) to get an appraisal on any additional wear/tear items Honda tries to hit me with.

I'm a Toyota and Honda loyalist. But I figure it's time for a change. Help out the American companies.

Thanks!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,969
    how about picking a less expensive model? it would make more sense financially, although that seems like a good price on the 'Sport' model. why would you want to finance for 6 years? that's asking for trouble.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited February 2010
    REF: 252
    1. Fusion is made in Mexico
    2. A+ credit but you were dumb enough to overdrive your lease by 15000 miles
    3. Credit union rates for 72 month loan are 4.4 to 4.6% in the midwest
    4. You do have to pay tax on the rebates - that is normal
  • I switched jobs 1/3rd of the way through my lease. Went from about 20 miles roundtrip a day to 80 miles roundtrip a day.
  • nazirvnazirv Posts: 15
    You DO NOT have to pay taxes on rebates...my breakdown is below on a 2010 Fusion SEL with 301A (moon/tune) package:

$24,546 Price
    -$4,800 Trade in (2001 Accord EX with 100K miles)
    -$1,000 Ford Accord trade incentive
    -$2,500 Ford Rebates
    $1015.38 6.25% sales tax (AFTER TRADE & REBATES)
    $234 Title, registration, doc fees
    $17,495 OTD total
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Find a different dealer. Those are incentives, not rebates. A rebate is something you receive a check for after you paid the full price, an Incentive is something that the manufacturer gives off the top of the price to help sell the product. Taxes are applied after all incentives are subtracted. I just picked up a Flex and had $2500 in incentives too, took it off the op and I paid taxes on the balance. Drawback of incentives is you cant use the good Ford credit. My interest rate on the flex was 3.9% for 66 months, so there are better rates available.

For the car though. :shades: I have one too, in the Sport Blue, and it is a SWEET ride. I am torn now between which car to drive though, the Flex Ecoboost is a Sweet ride too! I guess it depends now on which is cleaner and has more gas! :P
  • In order to get the price (20% off of MSRP) you must finance through the dealership. Sounds as if it is flexible though. At first they were telling me 5.75%-6.00% and when I told them I was going to evaluate what type of interest rate I could get elsewhere, they changed the story to "well we can get you in the low 5's"
    regarding interrates, currently Captial One has rates as low as 3.75%
    On Rebates you do, as Rebates usually come as a check in the mail after the purchase. Cash incentives are not rebates though, but the current list of offers are cash backs, they are treated like a rebate, taken off as a down payment, so you get taxed before they are removed. A lot depends on how the vehicle was purchased too, if an X plan, I believe the final amount is after all offers are including, and then taxed, but a normal ale, the offers come off after everything is totaled.

I think we need to look at the terminology a bit here to avoid confusion. Cash back is not a rebate, rebates are checks mailed back after the sale. Cash back can be applied right up front as part of the down payment. In all states you pay sales tax before rebates! When you go to Home Depot and buy a washer that has a rebate, you buy it, go home and mail in a copy of the receipt and the rebate form, and 6-8 weeks later you may get that rebate check. When you have a cash back offer, it is taken off right there at the register, sometimes in the form of 10% off the entire purchase, before taxes in some cases.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    I think what happens is the car has a rebate, but the dealer allows you to sign that over to them so that you do not have to mail anything in (or whatever) and wait for a check. So "cash back" is, I think, generally a rebate to the consumer but the dealer advances the cash to you and then they get the cash from the manufacturer that would have been sent to you as a rebate.
  • "I traded my 2008 Honda Accord LX "

I see alot of people on this site dumping their Accords for the Fusion. I traded my 08 Accord in for a SEL 2.5 about 3 months ago and love it. I took the rebate and was able to get 3.5% interest on a 5 year loan at a local bank. This car beats the Honda in every area as far as I am concerned and even though I was Toyota / Honda for 16 years I will never go back to them again.
    Hmm, when you put it that way it does make sense. Why it isn't listed as a rebate on the Ford site, but as cash back makes me wonder.
    Could it be that Ford actually makes a better car now? OOPS lets not let that secret get out!
    LOL, Wait, LETS!! :shades: Enjoy your new Ford, I know I am enjoying both of mine, we fight over who gets to drive which one now.
  • fusion2fusion2 Posts: 1
    Could you please tell me what is the deductible for your premium care ford warranty?

Thanks,

:lemon:

Ford ESP shows:

Select Your Deductible:

Deductible is the amount you are responsible for in every repair visit. This amount will impact your total plan cost.
    So I finally bought the, been lurking on here for a wihle. I was in the market for a Fusion, Accord or Camry. The Honda dealer just kinda laughed at me, gave me a "internet price" that was $300 less then the MSRP and was told that was his best deal. $21,400 for a EX manuel. The Toyota dealer was a completely different story, I was given a price that was WAY TOO GOOD to be true. LE with Sunroof and bluetooth for $20,900 MSRP was $24,900. Then Ford dealer gave me a great deal on a SE, with 6spd manuel, with Sync OTD price was $20,050 have to say I love the car, SYNC is great, but make sure you have your iPOD set up correctly. The 2.5l I4 is VERY smooth, the 6spd is good but not the smoothest. So far I'm averaging 31, I do about 80% highway driving. Glad I went with the Fusion..
  • fit_nessfit_ness Posts: 58
    Congratulations! I'm kicking around for a 6-speed SE with Synch and a sunroof and the appearance package. It's hard to find one to test drive with the stick. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "not the smoothest"?

Also, could you post the RPM's at 65 or 70 mph? Hoping that 6th gear has some nice tall gearing.

BTW, what color did you get?

Thanks!
    Yeah another Fusion Family member!! Go get yourself a cheap flash drive from Wallyworld and put all your music on that and use it with Sync. You dont need to worry about leaving the Ipod in the car then.
    Thank you, and I was just thinking about that. Will SYNC play my podcast too?

the Engine the 2.5L is this the same engine that is used in the Mazada 3? I have to say this engine is the smoothest 4 cyl I have even driven even at redline.
    Color is Sport Metallic blue, excellent color

Not the smoothest, its kinda notchy, but overall I would give it a 8 out of 10.

The 6spd manuel is a close ratio tranmission, at 70 in 6th the rpms are 2500. But like i have posted I'm averaging 31, BTW, the standard wheels are 17x7.5 with 225-50-17, I have michelin Pilots. The car handles EXCELLENT.. Some body roll that will be taken care of with new springs and roll bars the ride isn't harsh (I drove a Fusion with the apperance package it wasn't as smooth as mine)

The dealer in which I bought at had 2 non hybrid fusions, the one I bought the other had the package 202A (sunroof and sync) appearance package and auto. I'm glad I got the 6 spd manuel.

Good luck with your search
  • chippy7chippy7 Posts: 1
    19000 miles on an SE, nothing special on options. $18400 out the door, good deal?
  • Red Candy Metallic 2010 Fusion SE (Manual Transmission)
    201A Package (SYNC, auto rearview mirror)
    Appearance Package
    Bought in Virginia in late Jan.
    OTD Price (inclusive of all rebates, tax, tags, etc., and $750 coupon received in a Fusion brochure from FordDirect)
    $19,801.25

I had to travel a few hours to find a manual transmission with appearance package, but so far it's definitely been worth it.
  • jazztpt216jazztpt216 Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    Red Candy Metallic 2010 Fusion S - Automatic

$20,601
    - $2500 in rebates (college grad + standard rebates)
    - $3400 in trade for a 2004 Dodge Stratus w/79k miles
    + TTL & $115 doc fee
    ------------------
    $15867.38 total

Good deal?
  • gth743bgth743b Posts: 13
    I think the best you could hit is $14150 minus TTL+Doc fee. That's what I got with the USAA car buying service pricing and subtracting your trade value and rebates. Hope that helps.
  • I realize I'm replying to my own message here, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me roughly how I did on price. This was my first new car ever (hence my username), so I tried to do the best I could but found the whole process daunting. I'm restating what I said above here, but my purchase/price was:

Red Candy Metallic 2010 Fusion SE (Manual Transmission)
    201A Package (SYNC, auto rearview mirror)
    Appearance Package
    Bought in Virginia in late Jan.
    OTD Price (inclusive of all rebates, tax, tags, etc., and $750 coupon received in a Fusion brochure from FordDirect)
    $19,801.25

I also am wondering if anyone else has the Appearance or Monochrome Package, and if so what they think about it. I think these were a 2010.5 add-on to the options for SE cars. I really like the wheels, but I don't really know exactly what they mean by "sport-tuned suspension"... and if anyone can explain, that would be great.