Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imported Diesels

2»

Comments

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,678
    I think both your points could be the reason for the bias. There may not be a big enough percentage of diesel from a barrel of oil to add a big percentage of diesel vehicles. At one time long ago gasoline was a discarded byproduct in the refining process. Until someone figured out how to make it work in an engine.

You figure all the trucks, trains, planes, tractors and ships use some form of diesel distillate. May be the reason they are holding it back in spite of the advantages with mileage.

I know the EU has a gasoline surplus that we buy a lot of.
  • roland3roland3 Posts: 431
    ... The main visible portion of smog is NOx. This has received the most attention from CARB and EPA; however at a huge cost in wasted fuel and increased GHG. Exhaust gas recirculation should be outlawed if you consider the big picture out the tailpipe. The regs forced measurement of each compound in say a cubic foot of exhaust gas but did not tell us it was taking thirty to forty percent more cubic feet of exhaust gas to move the vehicle the same distance.
    ... I believe air quality will follow efficiency and that CARB and EPA should offer incentives to the gas and Diesel engine manufacturers for economy.
  • tpetpe Posts: 2,342
    ... I believe air quality will follow efficiency and that CARB and EPA should offer incentives to the gas and Diesel engine manufacturers for economy.

I'm thinking that is the point of view that the general consensus will arrive at.
2»
This discussion has been closed.