Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover/Sport Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bdemarbdemar Posts: 16
    So it looks likes lease #'s have been released so tells a LR salesman I talked to today. But his finance mgr was off and he had all the details, has anyone else heard the same or has anymore details on the 2010 RR sport leases?
  • I leased a Range Rover HSE luxury and the residual was 44% and the money factor was .00232 (unless I miscalculated). Got $2K off MSRP. Dealer fee was about $600 and bank lease acquisition fee was $795.
  • Hey everyone. We have a discussion here at the forums that's specifically about leasing Range Rovers if you're interested: "Land Rover Range Rover Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Jaguar is now an Indian beast (according to the Indian press AND Tata Group) thanks to Tata Motor's 100% acquisition of JLR. Land Rover/Range Rover is also fine Indian heritage now. Both now high quality Indian luxury cars. Power to JLR's new Indian owners/masters.

Already Jaguar/Land Rover are establishing component sourcing offices in India. Soon they may be entirely "Made in India".....yessss!
  • :) Just brought home a 2010 Sport loaded with every feature including contrast stitch, black laquer wood, 360 camera's, rear entertainment, lux, sat radio, hd radio, climate pkg (which I think is included in the lux but can't remember) hhhmm what else? basically every feature they offer...paid $1500 under MSRP and couldn't be more thrillled, this car is unbelievable! Not sure if this is a descent deal, it's our first RR but we talked to practically every deal up and down Southern California and this was the best deal we could work which was fine by us. We bought the car, not leased. Hope this is helpful.
  • Also just bought 2010 Sport with Lux and same options as you except rear entertainment and HD radio. I live in NJ and all dealers wanted full MSRP. I found a dealer in CT about an hour away (worth the trip) and bought for $64,000. MSRP was $66,895.
    Love the vehicle as well. The power is tremendous and transmision really smooth. Originally wanted SC version but I now think it would have been a waste of money given the power of the 2010 HSE. Question for you.. At speeds over 50 I,m hearing alot of outside wind noise in the cabin coming from Driver side. Just curious if you are experiencing same?
  • Congrats on your new ride!! Yeah everyone in Southern California wants MSRP or tops $1,000 off, we figured getting $1,500 off and exactly what we wanted (every option) including the contrast stitch and the black laquer wood we had to take it, those options with a black on black car are not easy to get here so we are thrilled. You're deal sounds fantastic, good for you :-) !!

LOVE this car, it's just incredible and you are totally right getting the Super Charged would have probably been a waste given the power of the 2010. We originally considered a smokin' deal on a new 2009 but what a dog that car is, after driving the 2010 there was no comparison. As for speeds over 50 we do not hear any wind noise at all, both my husband and I both have commented that it is so quiet. Maybe have the dealer look at it? What color did you get? I find myself coming up with errands to do because I LOVE driving this car...I call it my four seasons (as in the hotel) , it's so luxurious and just gorgeous! Enjoy!! :-)
  • This is really hot car on the east coast as well so $1500 off MSRP is great too. The colors and interior selection is still limited so getting what you want is difficult even if you're willing to pay full MSRP, I was originally considering black/black but I wound up with White/Black with the same interior you have. The Contrast stiching and black wood really make the interior POP. It's really eloquent. The Range colors are unique which rethink what colors you want. I knew I had to have the Black Lux interior. As of last week there were only 2 White/Black in the country and I got one of them. I normally love black but I felt the White really accentuated the lines. Both colors are great. You're 100% right on the 2009. The technology was so poor. No rearview camera, horrible Ipod integration (cord comes from back of car to hook up Ipod), a million plastic buttons and the lists goes on. Most 18K cars have more technology than a $60K 2009 Range Rover.

I traded my 2008 Mercedes ML550 in for the 2010 Range Rover. The RR blows the Mercedes away in every category except Cabin Wind Noise at this point which hopefully I will have corrected by the dealer next week. Thanks for the feedback that yours is quiet. I will use that information if Dealer tells me that it is normal.

Have you driven in Sport mode yet? It drives like a race car in this mode.

Have a good weekend and enjoy.
  • So funny that you got the white, that was my other fav. My husband is going to get the white fully loaded with the contrast stitch and black laquer wood (basically same exact car as mine but the white exterior). The dealer by me has it and he saw it and fell in love with it - the white is gorgeous. I also have a mercedes (wagon)but kept it and although the wagon is not on the level of an RR Sport, I've also looked at the Big Mercedes Truck (the GL I think I can't remember) and there is no comparision. The RR Sport blows all these others (BMW, MB etc.) out of the water I'm always amazed that people choose those instead of the RR Sport - for the price the RR is almost a bargain. What is sport mode and how do you get it into sport mode? I know this is going to sound stupid but I'm going to ask anyway, are you sure that there isn't even one window (or sunroof) open even a tiny crack? If not, I'm sure they will figure it out - post what they say, curious. Have fun with it!!
  • I am gonna get the new 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE, I have been to a few dealers where in Los Angeles who would give me $66,000 out the door price inclusive of the tax and fees, is that a good deal? I was in shock of how much the tax adds up to the price as I was given $59,000 for the basic MSRP. Any suggestions?
  • Which model are you looking to get? The basic model? Lux? Options?

We paid $67,500 for ours - we got the 2010 Lux with every option available including contrast stitch and the black laquer wood. Our MSRP and sticker price was a little over $69,000. Including tax, tags, title etc. we paid around $74,000 (purchase not lease). We bought ours in So. Cal as well.
  • I am looking to get the base model. I went to two Land Rover dealers, Hornbug and the one is Pasadena both offered me $66000 out the door price for the base model. I am looking to purchase and not lease as well. Is the Lux model very much different from the base? I like their surround camera system which is an option $900.
  • The Lux pacakage ($3800) is a must have and makes a huge difference in my opinion. It includes the updgrade 20" Style 3 wheels which are really make an difference in the overall look of the vechilce. The wheels that come with non lux look [non-permissible content removed]. It also provides the Climate Control package which provides heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated windshield washer fluid, center console frig and the upgraded leather package with contrast stiching. The only other valuable option in my opnion is the Sirius Radio which most come with by default. The vehicle also comes standard with rear view camera. The surround camera is a $800 option which I have but honestly appears to be a waste of money at this point. Not sure when I'll ever use it. Standard rear camera is suffcient. Again, can't see why anybody would opt for the Lux package at this price point. I negotiated $64K (pre tax) with Lux, Sirius and Surround Camera.
  • I bought a 2010 Sport Supercharged without any additional options... didn't need the rear-seat entertainment, HD radio, Intelligent cruise control, Aroundview camera, etc. Paid $74500 minus $1500 discount. The car is beautiful and just hauls a$$ down the road. Bought it in Nara Bronze with Ivory interior and black grand lacquer wood interior.
  • Can you let me know if you're getting alot of cabin wind noise over 50mph? Also, from what I was told the SC rides much harder than then HSW which to me already rides very stiff. What's your experience so far?
  • Those "must have" 20" wheels are going to look not so good after bend one or more on a pot hole.
  • Yes the Lux is much different -- if you can swing it I would definitely go for the Lux. FYI the surround sound camera's are AWESOME, I use them every single day.
  • I have 2010 Sport HSE. Experiencing tremendous cabin wind noise especially over 50 MPH. Dealer replaced door seals but made no difference. Is anybody experiencing same noise levels?
  • soubssoubs Posts: 3
    i am looking to lease a 2010 landrover with a 39 month lease with 12k miles. if i go with the base with the cold climate package ill pay 839 per month plus 5600 down (which includes 1st s/d and fees) or 987 for 39 months with 12k mile and 5300 down for the base with lux package and ext leather. are these good prices?
  • Putting pricing aside for a moment.. I have a list of issues with my 2010 Sport. The biggest problem is the extreme Cabin Noise. It basically feels like there is an oscilating fan in the car at speeds over 50mph. The wind noise is really incredible. Here is a list of other issues that I just review with my service manager:

1. Extreme cabin wind noise over 50mph. Sounds like blowing wind. Noise appears to be coming from either front windshield or doors. Door window seals have already been replaced with no improvement.

2. Vibration in Driver side door. Vibration appears to coming from window switch area or door speakers. Vibration occurs while driving but can also be heard while door is being shut.

3. Steering wheel and seat setting and does not return to stored memory position after starting vehicle. Must manually push memory recall button to return steering wheel and seat to memory position. Seat and Wheel move but frequently stop just short of memory position. Intermittent issue.

4. Loose Driver side seat track. Seat moves a little during acceleration and stopping. Intermittent issue.

5. Wheel has stiffened-up on 2 separate occasions. Had to “muscle” wheel to turn at low speeds. Issue went away after shutting vehicle down and restarting.

I would serious reconsider the Sport. I think the first line of production of the 2010 is riddled with problems. I purchased but I'm currently in the process of getting out of this vehicle with Corporate.